Okay, this happened a long time ago, but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaceyM.

The Fly
I was living in Tulsa, OK and had just started college. I had been listening to U2 for a couple of years. In June of 1983 U2 was touring in support of their War album (see how long ago... vinyl my children, yes vinyl ! ) I talked my friend John into going. The venue was a refurbished theatre called "The Old Lady on Brady" and our seats were in the balcony overlooking the stage. During 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' Bono started marching around the small stage with a flag. Then he suddenly disappeared. I was leaning over the balcony looking for him when my friend punched me in the arm and pointed to my right. I turn to look and there is Bono! Sitting next to me! He smiled and winked, and all I could think to say was, "you have such beautiful eyes!" He leaned forward and kissed me, then winked again and swung himself over the balcony. We helped lower him into the arms of the audience, and they carried him back to the stage. I was hooked forever!

::|
too bad I was on the floor when bono climbed up in the balcony in LA! Tho ours turned out a whole lot wilder-the fans tore hi sshirt off!! adn secuity was NOT pleased!:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom