OK, so they're NOT perfect...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Giant Lemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie
LOL! Why was Macarena considered offensive? Because that song is so freaking annoying?
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
LOL! Why was Macarena considered offensive? Because that song is so freaking annoying?
biggrin.gif
BINGO!!!!

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

"The most amazing place you will ever be in your life is where you are right now.."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Didn't Bono fall off of an amp onto a guest bass guitarist during a concert???
Ahhhh...
*Bluey sings, "Bono Falling" to the tune of "London Calling".
heehhheee.
I'm too lazy to be funny today. I got back from a wedding where I was VERY bad. *Bluey mets into puddle of goo*

------------------
"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEEEEE!" :)

Bluey NOT funny? OMG, what has this world come to?
eek.gif

And gasp, the fellows of U2 actually have flaws? Say it ain't so.

Edge doing the Macarena. Now that I would pay big money to see!

LOL

tania

------------------
I can't even say the word Achhhhhtung Baby"--Larry

oh, DO TELL, Your Blueness. We like those Bluey stories!
wink.gif
*Disco envisions wild shenanigans out in Vegas* I was kind of wondering where you and Mrs. Edge had been this weekend (you know, those of us that HAVE NO LIVES tend to think about these things)

I think the Macarena was offensive, not only because it's just a damn annoying song, but I think the Spanish lyrics themselves were offensive, in some way. *shrugging* I vaguely recall reading something about that ages ago...

Y'know, before the Macarena, Bono and Danny Lanois did kindof their own little version on the Unf. Fire video while Edge plucked away at "Three Sunrises" - it was SO CUTE!!!
smile.gif

I want to start that at the next concert...I get the entire 'heart' doing the Bono dance...it'll be like the WAVE, only funner. Heh.
biggrin.gif

Disco

Originally posted by blueeyes:
I'm too lazy to be funny today. I got back from a wedding where I was VERY bad. *Bluey mets into puddle of goo*

Originally posted by Discoteque:

Y'know, before the Macarena, Bono and Danny Lanois did kindof their own little version on the Unf. Fire video while Edge plucked away at "Three Sunrises" - it was SO CUTE!!!
smile.gif

LOL! When I saw that video I was like "Bono invented the Macarena!"

Gotta love the dysfuctional lemon!!

Wow, Edge and the Macarena. I can only imagine...

------------------
BOOM-CHA

found these on the atU2 site, they cracked me up...I'm sure they weren't funny at the time but they seem HI-larious now:

• This Date in U2 History - 1997

August 6, 1997: U2's lemon breaks down during Oslo concert

From the "It-Had-to-Happen-Sooner-or-Later" department, U2's mirrorball lemon shuts down while transporting the band to the b-stage to start the encore during a show in Oslo, Norway. After an awkward wait, the band finally leaves the lemon out the backdoor and walks down the catwalk to the b-stage to begin "Discotheque."

September 13, 1997: Edge makes Macarena mistake in Barcelona

During a show in Barcelona, Spain, Edge sings a karaoke version of "Macarena," a song which most folks in this part of Spain find offensive. Rather than singing along, the crowd boos so loudly that Edge chooses not to finish the entire song. In later interviews, manager Paul McGuinness would call the choice of "Macarena" one of the biggest mistakes of the entire tour.

Anyone have any more wacky stories about the guys - faults, foibles, mistakes or 'things that make you go OOPS' ??? I'm not laughing at their expense, I just like knowing that they're human, like the rest of us slobs!
wink.gif
wink.gif

disco

lol!!!!!! I would absolutely die if I saw Edge macarena-ing
smile.gif
*swivel*

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I'd like to thank you for letting me rub up against you!" ~Bono~

"I can't change the world
But I can change the world in me"

Originally posted by Discoteque:
September 13, 1997: Edge makes Macarena mistake in Barcelona

During a show in Barcelona, Spain, Edge sings a karaoke version of "Macarena," a song which most folks in this part of Spain find offensive. Rather than singing along, the crowd boos so loudly that Edge chooses not to finish the entire song. In later interviews, manager Paul McGuinness would call the choice of "Macarena" one of the biggest mistakes of the entire tour. [/list]

I'd never heard of that one before! Poor Edge! *lol*

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Ok, since Dis-co requested it, here are the hilights from the wedding:
* I worked in the kitchen a lot with my best friend, we made dinner with the bride's aunt for 250 people. I nearly chopped off my thumb and stabbed my friend by accident.
*I got bored working in the kitchen as did my buddy and the aunt...so we started to bitch and drink...heavily.
* I instigated a VIOLENT game of balloon volleyball at my dinner table. There was people (myself included) leaping over tables and chairs, and yelling at the balloons, much to the dismay of the more conservative guests.
*I made little devil horns out of decorations and put them on my head for the rest of the evening.
* As I got tipsy-er I kept reciting macphisto quotes to little old ladies while I served dinner. Picture me in a tiger print evening gown with devil horns, and apron, and gloves saying "Look what you've done to me, you've made me very famous..."
I never knew little old ladies could back away so quickly
*I commandeered the microphone and made a drunken and rambling toast to the bride, telling everyone how I drove down a busy street with her lying on the hood of my car, grabbing the windshield wipers for dear life.
I then made a toast to the kitchen staff (me, my bud and the aunt). I commanded everyone to clap for the aunt. They did. This gave me a sense of power, not a good thing at this point. I yelled into the mic at all the wedding guests "STAND UP! COME ON PEOPLE, STAND UUUUUP!" and they did. I then smashed my glass into the fireplace with enourmous gusto and walked away with my head held high.
*After my little speech, I was a semi-celebrity at the wedding and people kept giving me drink tickets...TOO many drink tickets.
* I made everyone who was drunk enough (about 25 people) come outside to the front lawn and lie on the grass in a big orgy pose and have our picture taken like that. I then convinced my buddy Ringo to climb an oak tree with my camera to take a picture from a good angle. He fell out of the tree and sprained his ankle. We all laughed, and made some other guy climb the bannister of a big staircase to do it.
*The tables were cleared and it was dancing time. I decided that you don't need two people to jive dance and just swing danced by myself. Still wearing the horns people.
* I dumped a drink all over my friend Lorne's new tie....sorry 'bout that dude!
*I found this girl who had a skirt that was the same as the one on my dress. I kept harassing her and calling her "Skirt Girl" ie) shouting it across the hall..."HEY SKIRT GIRL!!!! YEAH YOU!!! YOU RULE BABY!! YEEEAAAH!" I actually cornered her and took a picture of our skirts together, not out faces, just our skirts...
What a night.
Man, when I have a wedding, I hope I don't show up!!! Lol.
, Bluey the Strange.

------------------

*Disco backs away slowly...and is rather sorry she asked*

LMAO, Bluey!!! You are THE consummate party girl...but I think I'm now a little scared. Heh.
wink.gif
Oh yeah. There will DEFINITELY be shenanigans to be had in Vegas!!

*note to self: remind Vegas-bound Pleba's to bring bail money for Bluey*

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Disco...who's so engrossed in Pleba tonight she boiled dry *and burned* half a dozen perfectly good eggs, DAMMIT (*sniff*... what's that sme-....oh SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!)

Originally posted by blueeyes:
I nearly chopped off my thumb and stabbed my friend by accident.
*I got bored working in the kitchen as did my buddy and the aunt...so we started to bitch and drink...heavily.
* "HEY SKIRT GIRL!!!! YEAH YOU!!! YOU RULE BABY!! YEEEAAAH!"
Bluey the Strange.

eek.gif
eek.gif
hehehehe...

LMAO Disco!
Well, I told you that I was more outgoing in real life than I am in here. Consider yourself warned, honey!
Hmmm, bail money is a good idea but it can be (heh heh heh) put to better use....A ten gallon martini anyone???
I really HOPE I can make the vegas thing work but unless the money fairy blesses me, I don't think it will * SOB*.
*Bluey pulls the ten gallon martini towards her and takes a sip, passes out in true macphistish style, still clutching the enormous glass*
. Bluey of Doom

------------------

OK, I gotta do Vegas now!!!!

Do you think they'd have a ten gallon cosmopolitan there?
eek.gif

*April sits back, drooling in anticipation of all the possibilities a ten gallon cosmo, Vegas, and a drummer in tearaway pants could bring*
wink.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullshit, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry

~April

Back
Top Bottom