Ok, Martha Stewart Time .... if U2 came to your house for dinner ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueeyes

Refugee
Pop quiz ladies (pun intended!):
If U2 called right now and said, "Hey lovey, we're all coming over in about 4 hours to have supper with you". What would you do? Personally, I think we should all take the time to develop this emergency plan just in case. Lol.
Now you can imagine it's all of them coming over or just one special dude.
-What would you make?
-What would you wear?
-Who would you call?
Now, I'm going for a walk to think about what I'd do and I expect to see some posts when I get back! Lol.
Get cracking ladies!!!!
Chef Bluey

------------------
"Yeah, Bono's a nice bunch of guys" - The Edge.

I would immediately get to Interference and tell my fellow PLEBA girls to help me out
biggrin.gif

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined efforts of everybody I've ever known."
-Chuck Palahniuk, 'Invisible Monsters'

OMIGOD Bluey, this is too much to thank about for mah lil' ol brainnnn!!!! *faints*
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Hmmm...let's see what I can whip up:

Forget Bono - he'd require WAAAAY too much entertaining on my part, too *much* talking, I'd be exhausted. I love the guy, but...y'know. So of course, it would have to be Dinner with EDGE. Golly goodness gracious, whatever would I serve??? Probably this, as I've made it all before:

• A wonderful salad with baby greens, with all sorts of veggies sprinkled in, sunflower seeds, goat cheese and my favorite simple dressing: olive oil and lemon juice with dash of mustard & worchestershire.
  • Then I'd make my famous garlic shrimp alfredo, with basil leaves (I'll skip the diet for one day). I haven't made this in awhile, but it's to die foah, honest!
  • Add some asparagus and baby carrots sprinkled with crispy bacon & drippings (just for flavor)
  • Some GREAT crusty bread with homemade herbed buttah
  • And for dessert? ME OF COURSE! oh, er, um...heheh, but other than that? Probably some lovely cheesecake...he can pick what kind he wants!
    smile.gif
  • The big splurge would be on the wine, but I'd also have a "side" bottle of vodka, because I heard Edgie likes that too...A LOT. Maybe a little too much. He can go through a bottle on his own! Yikes.
    frown.gif
    frown.gif
  • Music to dine by: I have a pretty varied and obscure collection, so I hope he would like what I choose for background tunes...I have a lot of U2-related music too...

Then, on with the chatter! MY GIFT,[/] of course, would be just be able to chat with him in a really easy casual way for the rest of the night...and he can talk as much as he wants, I'll just be allll ears.

AAHHHH BLISSSS...yep, that would probably be THE perfect day for me!!!

Disco...dreaming of feeding Edge shrimpies...

Gee Bluey,
that's a tough one.....i suppose the first thing i would do is "freak out", then tell you guys they were coming!! I would need some help b/c i am not a very good cook. and i am sure some of you girls are great cooks!! of course, this is assuming all 4 were coming. if it were just Adam coming over, then i would not tell anyone (keeping him ALL to myself), i would just take him out for chinese food. you know keeping it very simple, but fun!!!

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans" --Edge

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

Maria

I would ask Discoteque to help me, seeing as how she seems to have a much better grasp of this whole dinner thing.

And I'd call all of you, natch. What's a dinner with U2 without a whole gaggle of PLEBA girls?
wink.gif

Hehe cool post bluey !

Originally posted by blueeyes:

-What would you make?

Hmm well I suck at cooking, so I would ask my dad to whip up something !
biggrin.gif
He's such a good cook. I would ask him to prepare duck (yum) accompanied with a rasberry sauce, with some potato grattin and haricot beans. And because Larry is a vegetarian, his dish would be tomato & brie pasta (YUM !!). For dessert I would have gone and bought a carrot cake at this really good restaurant in Montreal. It is soo good. Also the fridge would be stocked with Guiness and other good beer.
wink.gif
As for music...hmm maybe "Buena Vista Social Club"...or The Beatles "Rubber Soul" or Bob Marley "Greatest Hits".

-What would you wear?

My black tight pants, a black short sleeved v necked sweater with little black pearls on it, and my black ankle boots and a black headband for my hair. Oh yes I'd also be wearing my favorite perfume.
wink.gif

Who would you call?

Oh that's easy...My friend Hayley (aka ZooGirl) ! She's a bigger U2 fan than me so of course I would invite her!
biggrin.gif

------------------
She had heaven
And she held on so tight

***Check out my webpage: Pics of U2, Ewan McGregor, Kate Winslet and much more***
http://community.webshots.com/user/leyloo20

[This message has been edited by Naya (edited 08-19-2001).]

Wow, some of your responses are soo good, they make my chinese dinner with Adam seem kinda lame!!
uhoh3.gif

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans" --Edge

Maria

well SHEESH!!! WHATWOULDIWEARWHOWOULDICALLAHHHHHHHHH!!!!![/]

I forgot about that part!!!

What would I wear? God knows. I know it's not currently in my closet...! BIG GIRLS get frantic over what to wear...so off to Nordstrom I'd go, I'd lay down my plastic and just say: "DO ME!!!!"
wink.gif
wink.gif

And who would I tell? EVERYBODY ON THE PLANET!!! First, PLEBA of course! (and at that point I might almost have to beg for some real phone numbers because email simply wouldn't cut it), my friends, my family, my e-buddies, my co-workers, my neighbors, people I happen to make eye contact with on the streets...

Disco...getting palpitations over just the IDEA

Ok, my plan of action would be in this order:
1) Hang up
2) Scream, cry, hyperventillate
3) Panic
4) Call my parents and my buddies and pay them to come over and clean my stinky student house. Failing that I would break into a much nicer house and tell them to come there instead.
5) Run to the store and get a lot of liquor: some Guinness, Vodka, some nice white wine for Bono, peach snapple for Larry.
6)Buy some nice fresh flowers for the table and put my tiki lights up over the dining area (classier than a home-made tattoo!)
7) I'd cook the only thing I can cook, Dijon Chicken breast with caesar salad. For Larry, I'd get a really nice vegetarian calzone from my favorite italian restaurant. I'd serve them raspberries from my yard and ice cream for dessert.
8) Take some gravol so I don't puke on them
9) Change into my black leather pants and favorite black t shirt.
10)After realizing I had burned the chicken, set the house on fire with candles and the italian restaurant was closed, I'd wait on my front step for them to show up and then we'd all go to discoteque's for supper.
I would want to have dinner with ALL of them because then someone would always be talking. Quiet people scare me.
God, I'm actually nervous just thinking about this.
Bluey

that is so great bluey!
we would all probably do best and go to disco's house, she's got it together....my place is too upside down right now!! i wonder if they would be okay with my 3 cats!?!

maybe i could invite the "naked chef" over, he can whip something up quickly.....that would impress them!! at least i hope it would! or even better, get them drunk first, then they wouldn't care what or where they were!!!
sasmokin.gif

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans..." --Edge

***Maria***

Well, damn...
eek.gif

I can cook alright, but I think I'd burn the house down if my four favorite guys on the planet were coming over! (Or just my favorite, or favorite two, hehe)
wink.gif

My mom so wants to be Martha Stewart it's sickening, so I'd naturally ask her for her help.
rolleyes.gif

I'd prolly prepare a nice, light Italian meal if it were just me and Larry. Tomato and herb bruschetta for appetizers, angel hair pasta with garlic and herb sauce and a few bottles of nice wine...for dessert,me and a can of whipped cream. (Hey, psst, Bluey, does he really like Peach Snapple? lol It's so my favorite too!)

If it were the other guys, I think I'd go Maria's route, low key but fun. Take out, some bevvies, and a whole lot of cool tunes.

I'd wear my green leopard print skirt with my mesh black top and black sandals. The hair is shorter now, so it'll be all flippy and flirty. lol

OK, I'm making up a grocery list now...and getting nervous!!
wink.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"A vampire or a victim, it depends on who's around."

-April

I'd stare for an hour in a state of disbelief, then I'd do this:

I'd make an angel hair pasta dish with shrimp and parmesean cheese... for dessert, german chocolate cake and for their sake, some wine.

What to wear? My gray dress pants with my black boots, a black V-neck sweater and I'd attempt to make my hair look as nice as possible.

More importantly, what would the boys wear? Bono: his black button down shirt, open to the navel, of course, black pants, no sunglasses and hair down naturally.
Ok, Bono was all I was worried about... the rest of 'em don't need specification
wink.gif
wink.gif

Who would I call? ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!
biggrin.gif
But afterwards, I'd call my friend/sister/councelor/second mother/roommate/etc. Katy and spill a few details, carefully chosen and filtered, of course.

And before they got there, I'd turn into my mother and go wacko cleaning house.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
If it were the other guys, I think I'd go Maria's route, low key but fun. Take out, some bevvies, and a whole lot of cool tunes.

Thanks April, now I don't feel so bad!
biggrin.gif

------------------

***Maria***

Originally posted by blueeyes:
[B-What would you wear?
-
[/B]

Oh gosh, what to wear, what to wear?!?! It really does take me forever to decide what to wear!! I know it would have to be something in black, maybe a black slip dress of somekind, only because it is so freakin' HOT in San Antonio!!!
Of course, Mr. Clayton, could wear anything he wanted...but, I'd love to see him in white, I think it would contrast well with my black dress....OMG...we'd be such a cute couple!!!
smlove2.gif

------------------

***Maria***

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
Oh gosh, what to wear, what to wear?!?! It really does take me forever to decide what to wear!! I know it would have to be something in black, maybe a black slip dress of somekind, only because it is so freakin' HOT in San Antonio!!!
Of course, Mr. Clayton, could wear anything he wanted...but, I'd love to see him in white, I think it would contrast well with my black dress....OMG...we'd be such a cute couple!!!
smlove2.gif

That would be so cute, Maria!
biggrin.gif
Now I'm wondering what in the heck Larry would wear to match my outfit? lol Maybe that god-awful blue Pop suit, so we'd both be in prints, lol Who knows, just as long as it'd come off by night's end!
eek.gif

I love the idea of a low key dinner...I was at one just last night, it was really fun.
smile.gif
Imagine the boys in summer clothes, shorts and such, just having a beer by the pool and laughing as they recount old times...
smile.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"A vampire or a victim, it depends on who's around."

-April

Wow... I would really be in a dilemma(sp?) - I can't cook to save my life. First of all I would have to go food shopping since I go about once every other month these days. Actually, I'd have to call my brother (a great cook) and beg him to come over and help me first -unless the guys like turkey sandwiches and spaghetti - which is all I've really know how to make. Luckily my apartment is already clean and I have a full shelf of beer.
biggrin.gif
But I'd still stop off get some more of the better quality stuff...
smile.gif
As for what I would wear, most likely my black capris and black tanktop, and hopefully be able to contain my wild hair somehow. Oh, and get a pedicure because I wont wear shoes - I dont want to be the tallest one there...lol.
As for calling people- my brother obviously- and then no one else until afterwards - I'd be too nervous to even talk about it.
smile.gif
Of course though, there are a few people that I would email immediately, as well as posting here!!! Then I would go downstairs and tell the biatch downstairs that she'd better not come upstairs again and complain that it's too noisy!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

group14.jpg

They can do the cooking. That way I have ages to decide what to wear. Oh and if they cook the food will be edible.
biggrin.gif

Since I HATE to cook and am disasterous in the kitchen, it would be pizza and beer, my favorite. I'd kick back in plain old jeans and a comfy t-shirt, crack open a cold one and shoot the shit with the boys!

Originally posted by Discoteque:

[*]And for dessert? ME OF COURSE! oh, er, um...heheh,

Lol! How did I know someone would say this?
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

Originally posted by Jody:
group14.jpg
WHAT'S COOKIN, GOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD LOOKIN'?!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

LMAO at this thread! (and Jody's funny pic!)I think I would be freaking out waaay too much to be able to cook anything, so I'd pick up something good from the local italian place, make sure I had plenty of good wine, plenty of good cd's....i think I'd wear my favorite jeans with boots and .and...oh, I dont know about the shirt. This is stressing me out too much for a Monday!! I would need some of that wine before they arriveds to calm my nerves!! But I'd bet, from everything I hear about how cool and friendly they are to people they meet, that my nerves would quickly fade and it would be the night of my life!!!!!

Hmmmm....tough one!:hmm:

Okay...meal:
greek salad, grilled chicken breasts, steamed veggies, iced tea & nice white wine to drink, followed by beer/vodka/whatever afterwards...(since I'm an avid carnivore, Larry would have to BYOB.) Dessert...something light...fresh fruit w/a cream cheese/cool whip dip.

Music-something quiet & bluesy during dinner-have a CD I made with "Black Velvet", "Walking In Memphis","Spanish Eyes", "So Cruel"...songs like that on it . After dinner, DISCO PARTY!(accompanied by much alcohol consumption!)

Wear- I agree with the black slip dress...comfortable, but still classy looking. Cute black flats.

Who I would call- would post on PLEBA instantly. Might call my brother, also a U2 fan. Probably should call hospital to be on stand-by as well...in case I have a massive heart attack when I open my door & see Edge & Adam standing there!!:ohmy: :faint:

I would probably die and not be able to do anything. lol.
But I would make... hmmm.... I have no idea what i would make. Macaroni i suppose lol. Cause thats all I can make. I would wear my normal everyday clothes. And I would call my best friend Kelly.

the thread is about 3 years old? :eek:

what would I do? Only two words: Candle-light - blindfolds.

:evil:

*go to the Middle Eastern market*
*get the best tea*
*get choice baklava pastries*
*get stuffed grape leaves*
*stock up on other salad ingredients*
*go to favorite bakery*
*get caramel cake*
*oh, yeah, tell my parents what's happening*

What would I cook for them....

Anything they want - I can cook

But my specialties include: grilled salmon, vegetarian lasagna and pizza.

Magically, everything else would just fall into place.

Back
Top Bottom