OK Ladies, time for some SERIOUS PLANNING!!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2001, 08:33 AM   #1
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 10:16 AM
OK Ladies, time for some SERIOUS PLANNING!!!

I have just had the 3rd leg dates sent to me by Disco and another friend (so much for my plans to get some work done this morning!!) and I think the time has come to plan some Pleba reunions!!! What do you think???

Elevation Tour 2001 Schedule

October
-------
10/10 Notre Dame
12/10 Montreal
13/10 Hamilton
15/10 Chicago *
19/10 Baltimore
24/10 New York *
30/10 Providence *

November
--------
02/11 Philadelphia
05/11 Austin
07/11 Denver
09/11 Salt Lake City
12/11 Los Angeles *
15/11 Oakland *
18/11 Las Vegas
19/11 Los Angeles

------------------
"So...you write smut." Mrs. Edge's father-in-law

Old 08-31-2001, 09:14 AM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 09:16 AM
I'm hoping to go to Hamilton. My husband's not too thrilled to go (or pay for) another U2 concert, so if I knew some ladies would be attending that might help my request to go solo. I think he's just afraid I might wind up on stage like cvultraviolet (rolling with Bono) as witnessed live in Buffalo (5/31). In my dreams. Love to meet up with some PLEBA ladies.

be still my beating heart...slowly....

Old 08-31-2001, 09:16 AM   #3
Refugee

Sounds good to me! I'm already thinking of heading out to the Chicago shows if I can!! I'm getting giddy just at the thought of seeing these guys again!

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

Men suck. Unless they play instruments...
Old 08-31-2001, 09:25 AM   #4

ARGH! You know what I just thought of? How am I going to get from Montreal on the 12th to Hamilton first thing in the am on the 13th??? Steve isn't too keen on that, as he's the driver. Anyone have any bright ideas?

I would also like to go to NY, and possibly Chicago...I guess it also depends on where everyone else winds up going (and how much $ I have!).
Old 08-31-2001, 09:40 AM   #5
War Child

I just looked at those dates and all I can say is .......shite!!!!

To make a long story short.....there's a possibility that I'm getting a new job....to start around the end of Sept.(great if I get it but these dates have me crazy)!!!!

October 10th at Notre Dame is certain....

Could I ask for 4 days off as I start a new job!!!!
Chicago is a big possibility if they can give me the time off.....it figures, I have some extra cash right now...but may not have the time off

Of course if I don't get this job I've still got 1 weeks paid vaca at mine right now..... talk about being torn!!!!

If you girls decide to meet in Chicago....my girlfriends and I will try our best to get there.....that would be too much fun!!!!

ROTFLMAO at your sig Mrs. Edge.....
Old 08-31-2001, 09:47 AM   #6
War Child

Is this an official list? Have they been announced? Are the tickets on sale? I heard they were adding 23 new dates, what's the deal?
Old 08-31-2001, 10:03 AM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
ARGH! You know what I just thought of? How am I going to get from Montreal on the 12th to Hamilton first thing in the am on the 13th??? Steve isn't too keen on that, as he's the driver. Anyone have any bright ideas?

Jess! It's very likely that we are going to Canada. I'd rrrreally appreciate if you could help me with a few things, if it's possible. I'm gonna mail you on Monday. If we do go, we are gonna rent a car, I can offer you a lift I don't think I'll be able to go to the US tho, since I need a visa for that.

How far is Hamilton from Montréal? And how come there won't be any shows in Toronto?

I am getting soooooo excited. Ohmigod!! Ohmigod!!

------------------
"A giraffe. Why? 'Cos then you'd meet other giraffes." - Adam
"I believe in love, love and money! I believe in poetry, electricity, cheap cosmetics. I believe in the sky over my head, and the silver shoes beneath my feet. I have a vision! I have a vision! Television!" - The Mirrorball Man
"My real name is Johnny Carson, but I just didn't think that would get me on the show." - Edge in 1981
"I sometimes get the odd twinge that I wouldn't mind playing lead guitar, just like a couple of notes, but that's about as near as I would want to get to the front." - Larry

its very 'Im-here-and-may-be-quite-tired-but-if-I-stick-a-feg-in-me-gob-I-can-look-quite-sexy-while-signing' - Madie on one of the pics of Sparky
Old 08-31-2001, 10:05 AM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 03:16 PM
If I had the mooney I would be straight over to the Phily gig!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2001, 10:07 AM   #9
War Child

Autumn I don't think this is a complete list.....*crosses fingers*

I'm hoping to get a show somewhere closer to me.....like say Columbus,Cleveland,St. Louis,Nashville.....Lexington or Indy....I think they will come out on the 11th with more complete and concise "official" dates.....

------------------
I'm just a singer,some say a sinner.Rolling the dice,not always a winner.
You say I've been lucky,well hell I've made my own.
Not part of the crowd,but not feeling alone.

----Two Shots of Happy One Shot of Sad-----
Old 08-31-2001, 10:31 AM   #10
Acrobat

if i could, u know i would.. go to Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~monday morning 18, years...~ (its evening then but i dont care, lol) but i cant cos then ill be in seattle following some strict program

[This message has been edited by Shirley (edited 08-31-2001).]
Old 08-31-2001, 11:25 AM   #11
War Child

I need your opinions .....like I said above I may get this new job ....but would it be unacceptable for me to start say th 24th of September and say I had vacation plans already for 10th and 11th of Oct and maybe another date ???
I'm not real sure how to handle this situation.....
I may not even get the damn thing so ....all this worrying may be for naught.....

Anyway....ladies.....ask or not to ask for the time off.....

------------------
I'm just a singer,some say a sinner.Rolling the dice,not always a winner.
You say I've been lucky,well hell I've made my own.
Not part of the crowd,but not feeling alone.

----Two Shots of Happy One Shot of Sad-----
Old 08-31-2001, 11:36 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Browneyedgirl I hate to be a bad influence but if it were me I would go to U2 and worry about the job later! Jobs and working will always be there, U2 will not! Maybe you can tell them 'personal problems' came up and you will have to start a few weeks later? Whatever you do DO NOT ask for the time off if you do start the job! Reason: they will likely say NO and then if you decide to skip out anyway they will know you are lying if you claim to be sick. They will not give you the time off, don't even bother to ask. If you can't delay the start of the job, take it, wait until the day of the concert and call in sick! Tell them you have the stomach flu and are flat on your back and can't get up! They enjoy U2 and get back to the real world a better and more elevated and inspired person! Good luck!

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"
Old 08-31-2001, 11:42 AM   #13
Refugee

Ladies, nothing has been confirmed yet. These dates are from YouTwo net. Nothing has been confirmed by the band yet.

These dates may be completely wrong.
Old 08-31-2001, 12:18 PM   #14
Refugee

*Bluey has a little rock star tantrum. She trashes her hotel room in her voluminous white robe, and calls for back up while she is sitting in an overstuffed leather chair eating grapes that her personal assistant brought her*
Okay, okay.
I am in freakin' Saskatchewan!!!
How the hell am I going to get to one of those shows!!?? Of course it doesn't help that I am doing pre-med work and am therefore poor. Dammit, dammit, dammit!!!
My car was made around the time of the Joshua Tree and would not survive the trip to Hamilton, and I can't afford to fly but I want to meet everyone! I wanna! I wanna! I wanna! I wanna!! *Blue brushes the hair from in front of her askew shades*
Okay, okay. I will repeat my mantra
"I will not overreact."
"I will not overreact."
"I will not overreact."
Dammit.
Someone get me a beer!
, Blue the Pouty

------------------
"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEEEEE!"
Old 08-31-2001, 12:36 PM   #15

Browneyedgirl, what stage are you at with the negotiations? You know, if someone wants to hire you, but you are still in the thinking about it stage, you have much more power. You could say "I would love to have this job, but unfortunately I won't be available on ______ because of a previous committment" and you just make sure they are aware that you will be off. You can even offer to take unpaid time, which is exactly what I have to do with MY new job! New jobs suck sometimes. I had to forfeit my entire summer vacation because of mine.

Normally I wouldn't believe the dates just because they were youtwo.net, but these dates and cities are so PRECISE and they match all the U2tours.com rumours. I have heard about the Montreal date for awhile too. Anyway, I'm sure if they aren't the real dates, they are a pretty close approximation.

Susie, Hamilton is about 45 minutes from Toronto, very easy to get to. Hamilton was pursuing U2 very hard to get them because it's Daniel Lanois' home town. I think Hamilton is about a 4 hour drive from Montreal. Anyway, that is SO GREAT if you're coming! Look forward to your email.

Bluey, what are we going to DO about you? Would it be easier for you to drive south to the states, or is that just as far as Hamilton? I have NO sense of direction, and I don't drive, so I haven't a clue. Can you take out a loan to fly? I know it's crazy, but U2 is a once in a lustrum event!! Ooooh, I hope something works out.