OK Ladies, time for some SERIOUS PLANNING!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
I have just had the 3rd leg dates sent to me by Disco and another friend (so much for my plans to get some work done this morning!!) and I think the time has come to plan some Pleba reunions!!! What do you think???

Elevation Tour 2001 Schedule

October
-------
10/10 Notre Dame
12/10 Montreal
13/10 Hamilton
15/10 Chicago *
19/10 Baltimore
24/10 New York *
30/10 Providence *

November
--------
02/11 Philadelphia
05/11 Austin
07/11 Denver
09/11 Salt Lake City
12/11 Los Angeles *
15/11 Oakland *
18/11 Las Vegas
19/11 Los Angeles

------------------
"So...you write smut." Mrs. Edge's father-in-law

I'm hoping to go to Hamilton. My husband's not too thrilled to go (or pay for) another U2 concert, so if I knew some ladies would be attending that might help my request to go solo. I think he's just afraid I might wind up on stage like cvultraviolet (rolling with Bono) as witnessed live in Buffalo (5/31). In my dreams. Love to meet up with some PLEBA ladies.

be still my beating heart...slowly....

Sounds good to me! I'm already thinking of heading out to the Chicago shows if I can!! I'm getting giddy just at the thought of seeing these guys again!

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

Men suck. Unless they play instruments...

ARGH! You know what I just thought of? How am I going to get from Montreal on the 12th to Hamilton first thing in the am on the 13th??? Steve isn't too keen on that, as he's the driver.
frown.gif
Anyone have any bright ideas?

I would also like to go to NY, and possibly Chicago...I guess it also depends on where everyone else winds up going (and how much $ I have!).

I just looked at those dates and all I can say is .......shite!!!!

To make a long story short.....there's a possibility that I'm getting a new job....to start around the end of Sept.(great if I get it but these dates have me crazy)!!!!

October 10th at Notre Dame is certain....
biggrin.gif

Could I ask for 4 days off as I start a new job!!!!
Chicago is a big possibility if they can give me the time off.....it figures, I have some extra cash right now...but may not have the time off
frown.gif

Of course if I don't get this job I've still got 1 weeks paid vaca at mine right now.....
eek.gif
talk about being torn!!!!

If you girls decide to meet in Chicago....my girlfriends and I will try our best to get there.....that would be too much fun!!!!

ROTFLMAO at your sig Mrs. Edge.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
ARGH! You know what I just thought of? How am I going to get from Montreal on the 12th to Hamilton first thing in the am on the 13th??? Steve isn't too keen on that, as he's the driver.
frown.gif
Anyone have any bright ideas?

Jess! It's very likely that we are going to Canada. I'd rrrreally appreciate if you could help me with a few things, if it's possible. I'm gonna mail you on Monday. If we do go, we are gonna rent a car, I can offer you a lift
wink.gif
I don't think I'll be able to go to the US tho, since I need a visa for that.

How far is Hamilton from Montr?al? And how come there won't be any shows in Toronto?
frown.gif

I am getting soooooo excited. Ohmigod!! Ohmigod!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"A giraffe. Why? 'Cos then you'd meet other giraffes." - Adam
"I believe in love, love and money! I believe in poetry, electricity, cheap cosmetics. I believe in the sky over my head, and the silver shoes beneath my feet. I have a vision! I have a vision! Television!" - The Mirrorball Man
"My real name is Johnny Carson, but I just didn't think that would get me on the show." - Edge in 1981
"I sometimes get the odd twinge that I wouldn't mind playing lead guitar, just like a couple of notes, but that's about as near as I would want to get to the front." - Larry

its very 'Im-here-and-may-be-quite-tired-but-if-I-stick-a-feg-in-me-gob-I-can-look-quite-sexy-while-signing' - Madie on one of the pics of Sparky

Autumn I don't think this is a complete list.....*crosses fingers*

I'm hoping to get a show somewhere closer to me.....like say Columbus,Cleveland,St. Louis,Nashville.....Lexington or Indy....I think they will come out on the 11th with more complete and concise "official" dates.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
I'm just a singer,some say a sinner.Rolling the dice,not always a winner.
You say I've been lucky,well hell I've made my own.
Not part of the crowd,but not feeling alone.

----Two Shots of Happy One Shot of Sad-----

if i could, u know i would.. go to Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~monday morning 18, years...~ (its evening then but i dont care, lol) but i cant
frown.gif
cos then ill be in seattle following some strict program

[This message has been edited by Shirley (edited 08-31-2001).]

I need your opinions .....like I said above I may get this new job ....but would it be unacceptable for me to start say th 24th of September and say I had vacation plans already for 10th and 11th of Oct and maybe another date ???
I'm not real sure how to handle this situation.....
eek.gif

I may not even get the damn thing so ....all this worrying may be for naught.....

Anyway....ladies.....ask or not to ask for the time off.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

Browneyedgirl I hate to be a bad influence but if it were me I would go to U2 and worry about the job later! Jobs and working will always be there, U2 will not! Maybe you can tell them 'personal problems' came up and you will have to start a few weeks later? Whatever you do DO NOT ask for the time off if you do start the job! Reason: they will likely say NO and then if you decide to skip out anyway they will know you are lying if you claim to be sick. They will not give you the time off, don't even bother to ask. If you can't delay the start of the job, take it, wait until the day of the concert and call in sick! Tell them you have the stomach flu and are flat on your back and can't get up! They enjoy U2 and get back to the real world a better and more elevated and inspired person! Good luck!
smile.gif

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

*Bluey has a little rock star tantrum. She trashes her hotel room in her voluminous white robe, and calls for back up while she is sitting in an overstuffed leather chair eating grapes that her personal assistant brought her*
Okay, okay.
I am in freakin' Saskatchewan!!!
How the hell am I going to get to one of those shows!!?? Of course it doesn't help that I am doing pre-med work and am therefore poor. Dammit, dammit, dammit!!!
My car was made around the time of the Joshua Tree and would not survive the trip to Hamilton, and I can't afford to fly but I want to meet everyone! I wanna! I wanna! I wanna! I wanna!! *Blue brushes the hair from in front of her askew shades*
Okay, okay. I will repeat my mantra
"I will not overreact."
"I will not overreact."
"I will not overreact."
Dammit.
Someone get me a beer!
, Blue the Pouty

------------------
"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEEEEE!" :)

Browneyedgirl, what stage are you at with the negotiations? You know, if someone wants to hire you, but you are still in the thinking about it stage, you have much more power. You could say "I would love to have this job, but unfortunately I won't be available on ______ because of a previous committment" and you just make sure they are aware that you will be off. You can even offer to take unpaid time, which is exactly what I have to do with MY new job! New jobs suck sometimes. I had to forfeit my entire summer vacation because of mine.

Normally I wouldn't believe the dates just because they were youtwo.net, but these dates and cities are so PRECISE and they match all the U2tours.com rumours. I have heard about the Montreal date for awhile too. Anyway, I'm sure if they aren't the real dates, they are a pretty close approximation.

Susie, Hamilton is about 45 minutes from Toronto, very easy to get to. Hamilton was pursuing U2 very hard to get them because it's Daniel Lanois' home town. I think Hamilton is about a 4 hour drive from Montreal. Anyway, that is SO GREAT if you're coming! Look forward to your email.

Bluey, what are we going to DO about you? Would it be easier for you to drive south to the states, or is that just as far as Hamilton? I have NO sense of direction, and I don't drive, so I haven't a clue. Can you take out a loan to fly? I know it's crazy, but U2 is a once in a lustrum event!! Ooooh, I hope something works out.

Those dates are probably accurate, but obviously 1, 2, or 3 shows could be added in each, depending upon the schedules, etc. From everything I've read, in Providence, they have also blocked off the 31 st of October and also Nov. 1st, so we'll just have to wait and see! PS-that is one FUNNY signature Jess!!!

O.k I've had lunch....calmed down a bit....
Thanks for the advice Mrs. Edge ....maybe that's it... I'll just tell them I already have certain dates where I'll be unavailable.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'll know for sure by then where U2 is coming since the 11th is fastly approaching...

I just have to keep the faith that it will all work out....

LOL U2 kitten ....you sound like me 10 years ago....I would have totally blown off a job for them....
biggrin.gif
now though I have a mortage and just bought a new car so those days are OVER !!!!!
wink.gif

Maybe I'll try to delay them for a few weeks though...that might be an option.

Thanks girls for the ideas
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

I really hope I can go to the Chicago show!!! I was hoping that it would be on a weekend since that would make things much easier for me, but I guess that these dates could always be wrong. Anyway, I hope all of you with job trouble can work something out!

Mrs. Edge- that signature is hilarious! I'd love to see the *rest* of that conversation!
smile.gif

------------------
"We miss our lemon, I'd just like to say that." - Bono 5/9/01

All this talk about seeing the boys in Canada and I do believe my passport is expired. Do I need a passport to go from Western NY to Hamilton?? I haven't been to one of my favorite cities, Toronto, in a long time, and I sailed there. I also remember only needing my drivers license then. But since I'm very "old" (mom of 3 and all that), things may have changed. Also if I can convince my hubby to let me go solo I could get GA tickets and a chance at the heart. A lot less $$$. Just thinking aloud.

Jess, I don't think the stories are "smut", just very healthy!!!! I'm still mulling over my questionnaire. I just feel an affinity to Bono and Ali, high school sweethearts, like me and my Irish sweetie.

Gotta go play with the kids!!!
They want to play our tape of the Elevation video again and dance. "hey mommy! is that Bono singing again?"

No, I don't think you need a passport, your driver's lisc. should be fine. Although, a friend of mine tried to visit w/o a passport and they bugged him about it. When we went to Albany to see U2, we didn't need it. It's kind of touch and go! Surely there's enough time for you to update it just in case though? Not sure how long these things take over there...

Great idea Mrs. Edge! I would love to meet some of you!!

Like browneyedgirl, I'm in lovely Ohio. So that means I will definately be at the South Bend (ND) show on the 10th. I would love to get to chicago too, although that is a farther haul (well only a couple more hours).

I want to see them in Chicago!!

Bluey, have a drink on me, pal.

------------------
BOOM-CHA

Please come back to Cleveland or Columbus.

(I'm trying for telepathy here).

------------------
BOOM-CHA

(I'm trying for telepathy here).

------------------
BOOM-CHA

ARE they doing more than one NY show? I've heard varying things.
Because right now I'm looking at DEFINITELY Philly, (seeing as how I live there), maybe Baltimore, definitely one NY, or maybe no Baltimore and two NY.
Either way, three shows.
Now I just need... umm.... Money. Yeah, I might need some money.
But that would mean I have to WORK! ICKY!
Well, thank God for rich relatives. That owe me birthday gifts.

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

"All God wants is a willing heart and for us to call out to him." - Bono

"Ohh!!! Egyptians!" - Me, on AOL IM

Originally posted by browneyedgirl:
I need your opinions .....like I said above I may get this new job ....but would it be unacceptable for me to start say th 24th of September and say I had vacation plans already for 10th and 11th of Oct and maybe another date ???
I'm not real sure how to handle this situation.....
eek.gif

I may not even get the damn thing so ....all this worrying may be for naught.....

Anyway....ladies.....ask or not to ask for the time off.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Personally, I'm in the same boat... I'm in the process of looking for a new job, and worried about the time off. I'm almost tempted to just stay where I am until then so that I know I can have the time off! The way I look at it is, who knows when these guys are going to tour again...so I'm ont worrying about work. Most places are flexible with vacation dates that you already have- I just hope the dates are set before anything comes about!
smile.gif
If they want me bad enough they can wait...lol

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

Men suck. Unless they play instruments...

I won't be able to see U2 on the 3rd leg. The closest they'd be to me is Chicago, and I really can't spend the money anyway.

I saw them with my parents in Detroit the first time around. I'll just have to be happy with that.

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

*sobbing hysterically*

Ok, I really hope these dates aren't correct, because if they're in Chicago on the 15th of May I don't think I can go... I have a concert for choir that thursday and we have a dress rehearsal that night... if I tell my director that I can't make it because I'm going to see U2, then there's NO WAY he's gonna let me go, and I can't lie to him because he'll find out when I come back and then I'll lose his trust and since he's my advisor that's REALLY BAD... AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

*torn between doing the right thing and ditching to see U2*

*sobbing hysterically throwing major temper tantrum*
frown.gif

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE! I FINALLY UPDATED IT AFTER A VERY LONG TIME! SLIDE SHOWS AND A TON OF PICS FEATURING U2!

http://rattleandhum.icyspicy.com

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
I have just had the 3rd leg dates sent to me by Disco and another friend (so much for my plans to get some work done this morning!!) and I think the time has come to plan some Pleba reunions!!! What do you think???

Elevation Tour 2001 Schedule

November
--------
02/11 Philadelphia
05/11 Austin
07/11 Denver
09/11 Salt Lake City
12/11 Los Angeles *
15/11 Oakland *
18/11 Las Vegas
19/11 Los Angeles

Oh crap! Only one date in Texas?!?!
eek.gif
**runs to check her class schedule this term....aaah! a test on 11/06!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
This may require some intricate planning on my part....
**goes off to think about possible excuses to give her professor**
wink.gif

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans..." --Edge

If you want to kiss the sky..Better learn how to kneel..(on your knees boy!)

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

***Maria***

OMG!!! *falls on knees and prays for a Dallas date!!!*

I'm not crazy that I'm only seeing an Austin date, but it's only 4 hours away...and I'm assuming that with the extra "padding" between Philly and Denver, the boys will be coming to Dallas in there somewhere (I hope!!)...I read on one of the U2 sites that November 12 was Dallas, but that seems to be off by an entire week!
frown.gif

Hey SG...we HAVE TO do something about the Texas PLEBA-gals!!!
biggrin.gif
Maybe we need to round everybody up for a CHAT or something...I'm on MSN (gudagirl) and AOL (holydunk)...I'd love to share the experience with other TX U2 fans!! (cos going alone just wouldn't be right!)

Disco...dancin' to Daddy...

Me...Larry....Chicago...October.
wink.gif

Who's with me????? (Besides you, Kath!)

I asked my boss already, she said "We'll see; let me know when things firm up a bit more."
eek.gif
Everyone there knows how huge a fan I am, so....I am bound and determined to get there!!

PS-I say we all start telepathy for Bluey to get a show near her!!!!!

smile.gif

(BTW-U2Angel on AOL and larrymullenangel on yahoo if anyone wants to talk!)

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"the soul needs beauty for a soul mate"

-April

[This message has been edited by LarryMullen's_POPAngel (edited 08-31-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom