OK Ladies, time for some SERIOUS PLANNING!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I saw these dates I thought about flying to Hamilton. I live on Canada's West Coast. And I think there are reasonable flights to Hamilton. But realistically I don't think it's going to happen. For one thing, I'm in the same boat as some of the other girls who are currently looking for work/maybe going to get a new job. I had an interview earlier this week and actually I thought I was supposed to hear about it today so I have a bad feeling
frown.gif
but actually they said they'd call even if I didn't get it, so here's hoping
smile.gif
I think I will just have to hope they come to Vancouver again. Probably all I would need was one day off and I'm pretty sure I could get that. But I seriously doubt they will hit Vancouver again, although they should.

I just feel bad for the people who haven't been able to see them at all on this tour...ie. Australia...I keep wondering if that isn't still going to happen somehow...

By the way, does my sig make you melt? Those lines have always made me melt
smile.gif

------------------
You say I'm a fool
You say I'm nothing
But if I'm a fool for you
Oh, that's something

Mrs. Edge- If you ever figure out a solution to your Montreal-Hamilton problem, LET ME KNOW! I'm freaking out as well! It was bad enough to have to make it from Albany to Hartford and that was only 3 hours! But it's all worth it, right?

CatDubh- You're coming here? Fantastic.. we've gotta meet up again!!! I miss my Stockholm crew!!! Is anyone else from the other side of the ocean (ahem, Sara!!) planning on going with you?

Um... if anyone needs somewhere to stay in Montreal, my apartment is about a 15 minute walk from the Molson centre.... :)

Mmm.. one more thing Jess- What's the deal in Toronto/Hamilton with Ticketmaster? Is it the same awful wristband thing? How can someone in Montreal get tickets for Hamilton!?!?!?

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Please come back to Cleveland or Columbus.
Please come back to Cleveland or Columbus.

(I'm trying for telepathy here).

how about please come back to cleveland or pittsburgh? please come back to cleveland or pittsburgh. please come back to cleveland or pittsburgh.

------------------
Brought to you by the OTHER "creamy coated pop icon goddess."

Love,
Emily

Please come back to Cleveland or Columbus
Please come back to Cleveland or Columbus

wink.gif
I thought a few more could'nt hurt......

By the way LadyLemon ...do you know anything about South Bend ?
I'm looking for somewhere close to the Joyce Center to stay.......

------------------
I'm just a singer,some say a sinner.Rolling the dice,not always a winner.
You say I've been lucky,well hell I've made my own.
Not part of the crowd,but not feeling alone.

----Two Shots of Happy One Shot of Sad-----

Hi ZooGrl,

Yes, unfortunately it IS the same annoying wristband lottery thing. I didn't even bother with it last time. There I was, with the internet in one hand and a cell phone in the other, and I STILL didn't get tickets. Thank GOD for Propaganda and ETS. Using those two, I got my tix organized.

Re: Montreal/Hamilton, we are now thinking of renting some sort of RV so we go to Montreal, sleep in it for a couple of hours and then drive to Hamilton. I can't think of any other way that it will work...

And since in the US I think I can only go to either Chicago or NY I am torn because it seems half the Pleba girls are going to one, and half the other! What's a girl to do! I love NY, but I've never been to Chicago. Hmmmmmm. Plus, another friend wants me to go on a Thelma and Louise type trip to Las Vegas with her.

So much U2! So little time and money!!!

Originally posted by ZooGrl:
Mmm.. one more thing Jess- What's the deal in Toronto/Hamilton with Ticketmaster? Is it the same awful wristband thing? How can someone in Montreal get tickets for Hamilton!?!?!?

Ok girlie girls...Looks like i'm going to Austin to see them yay
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Austin is only an hour from me...i'm in San Antone..shoot I thought they were going to go to dallas too, I wanted to go see them in dallas if they went again...oh well I ain't complaining
biggrin.gif

So whoever is going to Austin, we all have to get together, that's what I did last time in Houston...about 10 of us from chat met up t'was fun
smile.gif

HEY GIRLS!
let's ALL thelma and louise it to Vegas!
Oddly enough, I MIGHT be able to go to vegas because the boyfriend and I were planning on going there anyway around that time so that would be our trip and I would see U2 while I'm there! WHAT FUN!
We can harrass Elvis impersonators and play FIND LARRY!!!! Here's how you play, you wander around and look for Larry. First girl to see Larry wins, it's easy.
VD25503.jpg

See? I found a LARRY! It's just that simple!
Seriously, Vegas is a BLAST and the most ZOO-TV type place you would ever hope to find it would be a perfect place for a PLEBA reunion, or union since a lot of us have never met in the first place.
VIIIIIIIIIIIIVAAAA LAS VEGAS!!!!!!
, Disco-Bluey

------------------
"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEEEEE!"
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 09-01-2001).]

You know what, Bluey...you may have something there. This sounds like a very interesting idea indeed. *rubs chin thoughfully* VERRRRRY interesting.

I have been to Vega$ before and just hated it, but it's SUCH a U2 city (esp. after doing the ISHFWILF video there...and the whole glitzy Pop era, which was SOOOO painfully Vegas). Southwest Airlines usualy has cheap airfare, and I have a connection who hits Vegas once, twice a year, so knows all the tricks...it might make for a VERY interesting event if a whole SLEW of Pleba chicks arrived en masse in Vegas for the show. Vegas wouldn't know what hit it!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

What do you think girls? If any of y'all are interested...email me: gudagirl@hotmail.com. Would love to know I'm not the only crazy one out there...

I'm off to check airfare costs...
smile.gif

DiScO

----
eleventy billion U2 piccies!
http://communities.webshots/user/gudagirl

Originally posted by blueeyes:
HEY GIRLS!
let's ALL thelma and louise it to Vegas!
Oddly enough, I MIGHT be able to go to vegas because the boyfriend and I were planning on going there anyway around that time so that would be our trip and I would see U2 while I'm there! WHAT FUN!

Hurray!!!! I just may see the boys in Hamilton. No hubby, just me and my sister. Now to get tix. I hope Prop or internet presale comes through. How do you get tix for a Canadian show from the US? especially with a wristband system? If tix go on sale 9/15 I'm screwed because I'll be in a sweat lodge in St. George, UT. I guess I'll start praying now!!

"Swinging thru the trees.....wild honey!"

Originally posted by Discoteque:

it might make for a VERY interesting event if a whole SLEW of Pleba chicks arrived en masse in Vegas for the show. Vegas wouldn't know what hit it!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

OMG can you imagine if a lot of us all went to the SAME concert....WHOA!!! My imagination strains to behold it. We could ALL hold up "EDGE BEDAZZLE ME" signs. The poor guy wouldn't know what hit him.
-Scheming Bluey

------------------
"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEEEEE!" :)

Ok, If I can manage to wiggle my way out of my dress rehearsal, I'll make it to the Chicago show and I'll be happy to meet you all there.
biggrin.gif
I'll let you know once the dates are confirmed and once I get tix.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE! I FINALLY UPDATED IT AFTER A VERY LONG TIME! SLIDE SHOWS AND A TON OF PICS FEATURING U2!

http://rattleandhum.icyspicy.com

Originally posted by ZooGrl:

CatDubh- You're coming here? Fantastic.. we've gotta meet up again!!! I miss my Stockholm crew!!! Is anyone else from the other side of the ocean (ahem, Sara!!) planning on going with you?

You know me by now ZooGrl..ehh..right??
wink.gif

We are planning right now but you?ve figured out the problem yourself, Montreal->Hamilton ??? Which probably leaves us with just one show. The flights are much cheaper to NY as well so probably we end up in NY and the shows there and maybe Baltimore, Providence. Don't know....

You also know how I feel after Slane. Right now I have the feeling that it's not gonna be worth the money cause nothing is gonna beat Slane anyway. Really, really strange feeling... feels like the PLEBA-quote "too much is not enough" has lost it's meaning cause I got "too much" in Slane and right now that is definatly enough. I have two month to recover though...
biggrin.gif
But as soon as I hear the first notes to A sort of Homecoming I'm down on the floor crying... Oh, my God, what has happened to me??? That Slanegig hit me hard, harder then I could imagine....

But if I go, I'm on the half going to NY...
smile.gif

The Las Vegas concept sound tempting though. What about the heart filled with just girls wearing PLEBA-tags ready to take the stage. LOL It do feels like all four of them will
get the same amount of attention as well...sounds fair...
biggrin.gif

------------------

"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

Ugh... I must stop reading this thread... I get all antsy everytime I do!! Anyways... if all goes as planned and is available, here's what I'm hoping to do-

Montreal 10/12
Chicago -10/15 - 10/16 (this is a mission,really
biggrin.gif
)
Possibly NY
Providence

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
Ugh... I must stop reading this thread... I get all antsy everytime I do!! Anyways... if all goes as planned and is available, here's what I'm hoping to do-

Montreal 10/12
Chicago -10/15 - 10/16 (this is a mission,really
biggrin.gif
)
Possibly NY
Providence

Ooooh, I am so envious of you for all those dates!
wink.gif

Yes...it willbe a mission!!!! LOL

smile.gif

Anyways..anyone who's thinking of Chicago, let's all storm the chat one night and figure things out!

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"the soul needs beauty for a soul mate"

-April

I'm not going to start thinking about this tonite!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

All I can say is the 11th cannot come soon enough.....still have'nt heard anything about the new job......so everything is still up in the air.....

Yes I'm slowly going CRAZY trying to figure out how to make this work.....but I will,I will......
wink.gif

------------------
I'm just a singer,some say a sinner.Rolling the dice,not always a winner.
You say I've been lucky,well hell I've made my own.
Not part of the crowd,but not feeling alone.

----Two Shots of Happy One Shot of Sad-----

OMG!!! *falls on knees and prays for a Dallas date!!!*

Hey SG...we HAVE TO do something about the Texas PLEBA-gals!!!
biggrin.gif
Maybe we need to round everybody up for a CHAT or something...I'm on MSN (gudagirl) and AOL (holydunk)...I'd love to share the experience with other TX U2 fans!! (cos going alone just wouldn't be right!)

Disco...dancin' to Daddy...
My sis (closet U2 fan)and her roommate (possible convert) have both signed on for the fall show(s)....*it is so hard to type with my fingers crossed (hoping for a 2nd Tx show)*...of course the more the merrier!!! So, I am all for making plans to meet fellow Pleba girls!
** OMG...I get all giddy with excitement even thinking about the upcoming show(s)!!!!!**
I also interested in the Vegas thing...it is a very "U2" town....I've never been there, but I am willing to make the trip for U2!!!

U2's view from the stage if many Pleba girls make the trip to Vegas....
invasion.gif

We'd blow them away!!! They'd know about us PLEBA girls alright......

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans..." --Edge

If you want to kiss the sky..Better learn how to kneel..(on your knees boy!)

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

***Maria***

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
OMG!!! *falls on knees and prays for a Dallas date!!!*

Hey SG...we HAVE TO do something about the Texas PLEBA-gals!!!
biggrin.gif
Maybe we need to round everybody up for a CHAT or something...I'm on MSN (gudagirl) and AOL (holydunk)...I'd love to share the experience with other TX U2 fans!! (cos going alone just wouldn't be right!)

Disco...dancin' to Daddy...
My sis (closet U2 fan)and her roommate (possible convert) have both signed on for the fall show(s)....*it is so hard to type with my fingers crossed (hoping for a 2nd Tx show)*...of course the more the merrier!!! So, I am all for making plans to meet fellow Pleba girls!
** OMG...I get all giddy with excitement even thinking about the upcoming show(s)!!!!!**
I also interested in the Vegas thing...it is a very "U2" town....I've never been there, but I am willing to make the trip for U2!!!

U2's view from the stage if many Pleba girls make the trip to Vegas....
invasion.gif

We'd blow them away!!! They'd know about us PLEBA girls alright......

The more and more I think about Vegas, the more I get excited!!!
biggrin.gif

That would be so awesome!!

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"the soul needs beauty for a soul mate"

-April

browneyedgirl--I'm really not familiar with South Bend at all...sorry I can't help. I'm not sure if my friends and I would be staying there overnight or not...

------------------
BOOM-CHA

Back
Top Bottom