Ok Gina!!!! This is it!!!!!! The story of how ......I FINALLY MET JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
....any if anyone else is reading, sorry its non-u2 related .........but Gina, (and prob few others) knew how much I am a big fan of this guy.
biggrin.gif

Gina, the following is EXACTLY what I put in the other forum relating to him!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

LOL!!!!!

ANYWAY, heres the story!:

Argh, I hate Two-Parters!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Story!:

*Oh My Gosh!!!!!! I am standing on a high mountain and I STILL aint rolled down yet!!!!!!!!!
This was brilliant for me, being a fan, but I just HAD to share this with the rest of yas even though Im new and u all prob think Im an eejit??????.but anyway, heres what happened:

First of all I was lucky my mum had bought the Belfast Telegraph a couple of weeks ago to check out cinema info, as that night I flicked through and had read about Jimmy hosting a dinner at the Europa hotel here??..I was like, ?Aww BRILLIANT!!!!! Wish I was goin!?????at the time it said tickets were still available, prob yea, to the public???but I lack confidence BIG time therefore could not face strangers at a dining table??????..I would get panicky?????.(yeah, sad, I know
rolleyes.gif
)

ANYWAY!!!!! Obv on Sat night there I still knew about it and decided to treat two pple I know to the cinema, we saw Amelie, very good film, sweet film!?.and after I said I wanted to pop round just in case I would spot him??????
biggrin.gif

Of course after the film it was raining a bit and one of these persons were like, ?Can?t we park closer?? So naturally I drive past to see, nothing on one side, and was about to give up and go home when asking shall we try again, and yes was the groan from the car, and so did and so luckily got a space across from the hotel????????..

(2nd part)

Went in?..and ya, loads pple dressed up lovely for this dinner, and what hit me?????!!!!!! Well, now, unless someone can confirm for me, Im pretty PRETTY sure it was Robert Bathurst sitting with two other guys in the lobby???????.It looked VERY like him with his hair cut dead short????..but I didn?t go over as I met him once already in The Crown and got his auto (actually I was soooooooo shy got me mate from Dublin to ask for me!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
)
rolleyes.gif

But when I did speak to him a couple of times I can tell u??.Robert us a real gentleman, really nice to talk too???????
smile.gif
!

ANYWAY!!!! Wandered upstairs and made beeline for bar, catching a lemonade, (I dinnie drink), and sat chattin away to the ones with me, (ok it was me mum and her man!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
)grabbed bar-stool, started looking around??..nuttin!!!!

I was like ???
frown.gif

But then, 15 mins into being there I saw someone familiar, guy with curly hair, I tink hes from an English drama but Im not sure, or else he just enjoys The Crown bar!!!!! I was saying, ?Look look is he an actor, Im so sure??to me mam?????.next thing turned round more and BANG! There he was folks?????????.an image of pure comedy..standing fairly tipsy, checkin on his pals????????..and the FIRST thing that hit me??..was the grey hairs and the height!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh god, I don?t mean to sound rude or anything, but surely u lot would understand that when u see someone on TV then see them in real life, if theres such a difference, it can shock u a little??I said, ?Mum is that Jimmy???..? She said yea she thought so, but her boyfriend said definitely yes!!!!!!!!

(3rd part!!!!!!!!!)

rolleyes.gif

So, well, I guess I have balls???I lifted my glass and said, ?Ok Im gonna walk close-by to check???..so off I went, round and up checkin out the ciggie machine and over past him talking to a lady and thought??..just turned and thought ? OK this is it, this is the ONLY chance I will ever have in my lifetime to ever meet this guy!? So casually????but prob looked a prat in front of others
biggrin.gif
??..walked and kinda nosied in with him signing this lovely lady?s book???.now he was about to walk back into the Suite they had dinner in, so just said as soon as she left ?Yo Jimmy, Im a big fan of yours, would you give me your autogragh?? And he said,? Sure Sure?..have u got a pen and paper?, to which I replied ?No, but would u stay right here til I go get one? Please?? and he did???..awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

*sniff sniff*

Ran back to grab a receipt and stuck me hand into a waiter, grabbed pen, and went straight back over to find two lovely ladies talking to him, and may I say absolutely everyone looked gorgeous at that dinner???.beautiful dresses and the men looking very smart???of course Jimmy had his tie off, (prob through frustration!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
) but still looked really adorable???.

Eventually he came over and signed for me??????..I just briefly expressed that Im a fan and love his work, and that I met Robert at The Crown one night and thought he was really nice gentleman, to which Jimmy replied that Robert was also a ?horny old man?!!!!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif

PLUS the other FREAKY thing was??..his writing is 99.9% like mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!

(fourth and last part!!)

biggrin.gif

But thanked him and he put hand on me shoulder for a tenth of a second to acknowledge before going back in, (to his wife, or something else prob)??????as I said, and it prob sounds bad, but I don?t want it to, he DOES look older close up??and his height shocked me, I genuingly thought the guy was near Rob?s height, but no, like im 5ft 5 and he must be 5ft 8ish or 7ish??????..(also I thought Victoria would have been 6ft!!!! I love her!!!!!!!!)?yea so hes older lookin???????..but the eyes, like magnets into my soul??..he just has that ?look?????????definitely! - to all girl fans of Jimmy out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!! He also made me feel scared to say too much in case he?d get cross!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I wish I?d shook his hand???.in order to say thanks for the smiles and havin me rollin round on the floor from ?Racheal this isn?t what u think, I can explain? to ?From my line, Justin??

The guy cracks me up??..hes just brilliant for films with our accent????and believe me, it works?????..

Left after 10 more mins???.with a big smiley on me face???.and as soon as I got home, mum gave me a double piccie frame, a wee one, put his pic on one side and the autograph fitted just nicely in the other??????..(hears mumbles of ?shes sad? ??LOL!!!!!!!)

I don?t care, I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the one time opportunity and I dive on it??.I can only be thankful I was there and it was perfect timing?????????and the one last ting I gotta say is????he may have been tipsy, he may look completely different in real-life, he may seem unattractive to some pple, but I see him as unattractively attractive?????although his craicin personality overrides his looks??????.he may look like ?an old man??????.he may have had little time or lots, that I didn?t take advantage of???..but in all honesty, the man is cool??.just feckin cool, as a whole package??????.very sweet and very funny????.so thanks Jimmy, thanks for makin my night!!!!! (although ur not reading this!!!!)???.*big thumbs up to Jimmy*

maddie?????

Sorry about splitting the story Gina!!!!!
musn't take information overload!!!LOL!!!!!!

Anyway, how cool is that Gina, for that to happen to me? Brill eh????????

awwwwww Im so happy!!!!!

PS Thanks for lettin me share girlies!

Im one HAPPY BUNNY!!!!!!!!!

AW!!! Maddie!!!!! That is just the SWEETEST STORY.
smile.gif
Hey, I 'lack confidence bigtime' too, so I know just how you feel.

Disco-Jimmy is James Nesbitt-an Irish actor-the only movie I know he was in is 'Waking Ned Devine'-VERY funny flick! Maddie has a huge crush on him
wink.gif
But who's Robert Bathurst Maddie?

I'm SO happy for you-good for you that you approached him. My favorite actor-well, the one I think is the hottest
eek.gif
is Vince Vaughn. If I ever saw him in person, I'd have to get myself to approach him-but I'd definitely be a nervous wreck
rolleyes.gif

Good for you Maddie-I bet he was quite charmed by you!!!

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Hey Gina??

Aww thanks sweetie?..LOL!!!!!! Vince Vaughan? Wow, hes a tall hunk??..yeah I could understand why u would melt around him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thing is, when I went back to me mum and said I got it, she was like ?What do you see in him????? I said, its really his personality that I luv????..I wish I knew someone like that?ya know? She said, if it had have been Bono she would understand the ?sexy? look, but why Jimmy? LOL!!!!!

Gina, believe it or not, (as cruel as it sounds), I hope NEVER to see Bono close up or be in with a chance to meet him??????why? Because I would prob hurt a long time after??I always think you have to make an impression on these pple, and I also feel talking with them, they?d be like ?I really don?t want to be here???
rolleyes.gif

But Gina, what the hell, I went for it???.Jimmy wont remember me, but I will always remember him, and how blessed I was for this opportunity????.it was great??..and Im like hundred others out there asking for autographs all the time?????ya know?

Sometimes I wish I followed my cousin, he went into Drama school and mum always thought I would be good for something like that???.
biggrin.gif

ARRRRRGH!!!!! Naaa, put me on stage to a Moulin Rouge play and I?d be dancing away, that?s more me!

*sigh* Oh Gina, maybe I should have chatted a bit more!!!!!! And yea, I was soooooooooo calm, cool and collected when I was around him, only afterwards did I come back and cool my blushing red happy face with half of the lemonade and ice in me glass ? I had to dab it on me to cool down!!!!! Something can just ?take over? in you, something makes u calm?????same as when I passed Edge???..

I regret I regret I regret?????..but its all over now, and that?s it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frown.gif

I still feel like cwying!!!!!

frown.gif

BUT, gotta stay busy to take my mind off it, going to check out the Dance class tonight!

Gina, Robert is also in Cold Feet as David????yes met him once too and hes sooooooo lovely!!!!!!!!!

Very handsome too!!!!!!!! As I said I was too embarrassed to ask for his, and Eoin did it for me, Robert chasing me round the bar to calm me down! Eoin, mate from Dublin (well kind off), said, ?always treat celebs as real pple, cause that?s what they are and that?s what they want u to do, acting is a job to them, tahts all, just seen by thousands of pple???????but I still wouldn?t do it?????.
biggrin.gif

Never seen what he looks like? Must get u a pic at some stage?????

Thanks for reading story Gina, its nice to share????..
smile.gif

AW-I enjoyed reading your story. 'My' Vince is so fine-just thinking about him...
eek.gif

And what the heck are you talking about-Bono should be SO LUCKY to meet YOU! I think for once
wink.gif
he'd be speechless, he'd be so charmed.

Same for Edge-if you ever pass him again, you should talk to him-though, for sure, I couldn't
rolleyes.gif

Don't regret anything-you did just fine!
smile.gif

------------------

Here's me and Vince on our wedding day-yes, I will make him wear a kilt-you know what they say about guys and kilts
eek.gif

10940463.jpg

------------------

LOL!!!!

Ur a gegg Gina, real good craic!!!!

Yes Scots dont wear a ting, thats why I would be scared to be alone in a roomful of Scotsmen!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the piccie of me and Jimmy when we were younger!!!! *sigh* I always remember u stuck ur nose in everywhere taking photos of EVERYTHING!!!!!

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

I still aint come down yet Gina!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom