Ok, Bono question:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm 18 and although I've grown up around U2 music (my dad's a huge fan) I've just recently become a "fan." Up until then I probably could have picked Bono out in a picture, but certainly not any of the others.

I think he's very good looking for his age, and I think he's good looking period. Sexy is another matter though, lol. I don't know whether it's because he's just "not my type" or if it has something to do with it being kinda weird to find a guy sexy who's 11 days younger than my dad. I can kinda dig the Edge though for some reason, even though he's not really much younger...

Anyway, the little bit I've learned about Bono in the past few weeks/months leads me to believe he is truly a beautiful person inside. I think that's a really important part of being an attractive person. Example: There was a Biology teacher at my high school all the girls went crazy for, and so did I, until I was in his class. He was possibly the biggest jerk ever and had huge temper issues. After a few days in that class he never had any type of effect on me for the next 3 1/2 years.

I guess the answer to your question is this: I don't really find Bono sexy. Yes, there are definately some pictures that make me look twice, lol, but I think of him more in terms of what an older friend would be. I can't really see him as a father figure, seeing as I am totally my daddy's little girl, lol, but he definately fits my defination of the nextdoor neighbor you could sit on the porch with and talk to for hours, or the high school teacher who honestly cares about their student's lives away from school. He comes across as a caring and fun guy.

I know that's a long post. It was harder to describe than I thought it would be, :wink:

Sam

EDIT: Ok, I just re-read that last paragraph, and I'm making him sound like sometype of sweet old grandpa, lol--NOT what I meant to do. He definately has a...I can't think of any words other than "flirty" and "cool" at the moment...so he has a flirtatiously cool character, but it's in a fun way, not in a take-advantage of you way. That always makes conversation more fun, lol.

I'll stop rambling now :wink:

Last edited:
Bono IS sexy...no doubt about it.

Is he good-looking? Depends on your perpsective. He is certainly not as classically handsome as say... Larry Mullen but looks alone are not what makes a man sexy ( although Larry certainly has more than his looks going for him!:wink:)

What makes Bono so desirable and attractive is the combination of his intelligence ,warmth and some incredibly sexy,masculine physical features. Now before anyone starts making the obvious Little Bono jokes :giggle: I want to make it clear I am speaking of features above the belt . :angel:

Bono has amazing blue eyes that radiate both warmth and danger at times. IMO,his eyes are his best feature because they show so much of his personality and intelligence as well as being such a beautiful color. Now, he also has that cleft chin which for some reason is like Kryptonite to me, I find that very attractive on a man!!:drool:

Bono has beautiful bone structure in his face which makes him very photogenic ( geez, Billie,not like you know every inch of his face or nothing,huh? :rolleyes::lol:). He also has the unique ability to project both virility and vulnerabilty at the same time . That is what drives women wild ( this one in particular :reject: )...

Anyhow, the point is that this unique combination of personality and physical traits is what makes Bono one of the sexiest men of all time..:bono: :drool:

Thank you and good night. I am going to bed at 10pm to get up at 5am to buy tickets to see the aforementioned sexy man in November ...:sexywink:

Last edited:
seajewel said:
Ok - I'm a 44 year old mom of two beautiful boys - I first laid my eyes on Bono in 1981 when they played at a local bar! Can't explain it but haven't taken my eyes off him since! Such good looks and charm! It's like the first guy you have a crush on and you can't breath when you see him --- it's all physical --- I know I could list all his wonderful qualities making him the great man he is but, shallow as it is, it's a physical thing! :wink:
838cb5ae.jpg

You are not shallow-I applaud your honesty!!:applaud:

MsPurrl said:

Hi, y'all. I'm Swandiver's eldest sister; she and I experienced our first U2 show together in 2001, after listening to them for years, and I agree with what she said. (I'm probably the oldest PLEBAN there is--I will celebrate my 59th birthday by going to the May 9 show in Chicago.) Just because I'm "old" doesn't mean that I can't appreciate a fine-looking man (oh, lawsy, is the heat on??) for his looks, his personality, his fire and dedication, and everything else about him--I have a special fondness for the JT-era Bono. I feel no different "inside" than I did when I was 20--just a bit calmer and a bit more centered. Old chicks still rock; they just rock slower! :dance: So if you see an old girl dancing, singing, laughing, and crying at the United Center, it may be me!
:love:

I think this is so cool!!! I'm going to be 41 on the 7th and will be at the show also on the 9th! I totally respect and admire that you are a fan! I hope you have an awesome time at the show as well! Maybe we will see one another...

Actually I fell in love with Bono's beautiful voice when my parents bought me The Joshua Tree album. I was 11 at the time and at the time, I was just smitten with the man's voice.

Then puberty set in, lol. :wink: I'm 29, now, and I still can't get enough of him. I just absolutely adore him for all the charity work he's done over the years.
I agree that he has an equally beautiful soul, and that just makes him even more attractive to me.

Ok - I'm a 44 year old mom of two beautiful boys - I first laid my eyes on Bono in 1981 when they played at a local bar! Can't explain it but haven't taken my eyes off him since! Such good looks and charm! It's like the first guy you have a crush on and you can't breath when you see him --- it's all physical --- I know I could list all his wonderful qualities making him the great man he is but, shallow as it is, it's a physical thing!

Okay, I admit. I'm shallow, too. :lol: I think he's yummy! :drool:

I'm 18 and i like Bono ( damn, it sounds like im in an AA meeting!!) because hes everything you could ever want in a person.
He's kind, caring , sensitive , down to earth, funny, generally just a nice guy.
And ya know i wouldnt kick him out of bed for farting either!!!!:wink:

MsPurrl said:

Hi, y'all. I'm Swandiver's eldest sister; she and I experienced our first U2 show together in 2001, after listening to them for years, and I agree with what she said. (I'm probably the oldest PLEBAN there is--I will celebrate my 59th birthday by going to the May 9 show in Chicago.) Just because I'm "old" doesn't mean that I can't appreciate a fine-looking man (oh, lawsy, is the heat on??) for his looks, his personality, his fire and dedication, and everything else about him--I have a special fondness for the JT-era Bono. I feel no different "inside" than I did when I was 20--just a bit calmer and a bit more centered. Old chicks still rock; they just rock slower! :dance: So if you see an old girl dancing, singing, laughing, and crying at the United Center, it may be me!

MsPurrl - you're not old! It's what's in your heart that matters. How you feel inside. I'm in my 40s, got two almost grown sons and yeah, when I look in the mirror I think shite...who's the old fart lookin' back at me. But, you know, I absolutely love my younger sons tastes in music - he's into Ramstein, The Killers, Nirvana and I don't care if I pull up at traffic lights and ppl wonder what the 'old fart in the car' is doing listening to 'that' kinda music. I think it's great to have the gift to enjoy all types of music, to appreciate everything no matter what age I am.

And if this thread has taught me anything, it's the fact that so many of us, at so many ages can come together and have a good discussion, that nobody feels left out, that we've crossed the age barrier because, quite frankly it doesn't matter.

...now there ain't many places that you can say that about..

...and of course, there's one very important thing to add here:

.....WE'VE ALL GOT THE MOST BRILLIANT TASTES.. lol

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. It's been great.

One Love :bow: :bow: :) :) :) :bow: :bow:

BTW, MsPurrl, I hope you have a great birthday and that you get to meet Bono...Be sure to let us know if you do..;)

I started to like U2 around 1982 when I heard A Celebration. I
continued to like them and would see the videos on MTV, New Years Day etc. Never really paying attention to Bono. All I knew was he was this singer with a bunch of hair! I even went to see them on the Unforgettable Fire tour, but when I saw them do
Live Aid on TV in 1985 that was the first time I paid attention to him. I was like, OH MY GOD! It's been obsession ever since. I guess the mullet got to me.

Thanks, tawanda and youvedonewhat (love the names!), for the kind words. I think everyone will find, as they grow older, that you're still the same person, even though the person you see in the mirror may look quite different! :lol: (Laughing to keep from crying, sometimes) Several years ago my mother said, "I get up in the morning and look in the mirror and see my mother looking back at me." My two sisters and I replied, "Yeah, we know what you mean!" (And we would give much these days to see that woman!) My sis swandiver managed to get two more tickets to the May 9 show in Chicago, and we've talked our other sister and our brother into going with us--it will be their first show, so I'm looking forward to their reaction. I can't wait! :hyper: Both sets of tickets are quite far from the stage, so the chance of actually meeting the man are very slim--but, hey, we'll be in the same room with him!

I think its so great that we can break the age barrier thru our love of music. I don't ever think I'll be a typical person for my age. I plan on kicking and screaming all the way thru my life. Its to easy to be normal, why not keeping listening to great music and have fun?! Heck, I'm 30 and have blonde and pink hair. My 6 yr old thinks I'm a very cool mom. hehe

Congratulations on your tickets MsPurrl! I hope you guys all have a great time! I have to wait till November to see them in Oakland and it can't come quick enough. lol

I respect Bono. I don't really find him attractive. He does remind me, in alot of ways, of my own father, and I suspect that it is for those very reasons that I hold no flame for him. His example has opened my eyes to alot of things, and his lyrics soothe me. Despite being a complete stranger, he has educated me alot about the world around me - moreso than my own father ever has and ever could.

MsPurrl said:

This is the best post I've read ever!!!!! :up:

What is old anyway????? I expect to be down moshing with my zimmer frame when I'm 80.

(Not too sure U2 will still be touring then, they'll be 86!!!!!:laugh: Maybe it'll be teh "sons of U2" tribute tour! :wink: )

I'm 26 yrs old....I may say I "love" Bono but it's in admiration if that makes any sense. He is such a devoted family man, is very passionate about current issues that is happening in the world and is the most intense singer in one of the most meaningful bands of our time...He is just beautiful in many many ways. If only there were more guys like him... :heart:

Last edited:
I'm not younger unfortunately

But I'll try to say some of what I love about him, it's tough to put into words.

I love the boyish charm of Bono, he stayed a child somewhere in his heart :wink: He does all the charitable works and meets w/ world leaders, but I bet he tells silly jokes to people like Bill Gates and George Bush (but Bush doesn't get them I'm sure :D) I love that I can see his insecurities in spite of all his "posturing". I love how he loves Larry, Adam, and Edge. I love the emotions I can feel emanating from his voice and words when he sings, especially in certain songs. I love the empathy he has for others.

I absolutely love the way he loves his wife and family. That's sexy to me.

He's been a constant in my life, his words and his music. I look back on years ago and I never imagined he'd be the person he is now. I'm so proud of him and of all of them.

I find him physically attractive but it's everything else about him that makes him even more attractive to me.

blueeyedgirl said:

This is the best post I've read ever!!!!! :up:

What is old anyway????? I expect to be down moshing with my zimmer frame when I'm 80.

(Not too sure U2 will still be touring then, they'll be 86!!!!!:laugh: Maybe it'll be teh "sons of U2" tribute tour! :wink: )

Thank you, blueeyedgirl. I don't think I could stand being in the ellipse (I need my space to move!), but as long as I can keep moving, I'll still be dancin'! :wink:

I'm new here but I have to say I've enjoyed reading this thread...among others. I've been a fan since the early 80's when I was a teenager and I think Bono is much more attractive today than he was back then....

And I must admit I am a bit shallow as well because my attraction is definitely all physical....

Attachments

• bono2bed.jpg
    bono2bed.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 45
Gah...I love that picture!

Ok, well I can only echo everything that has been said before and said much better than I could say it. I have loved this man since I first heard his voice and then seeing perform, the passion he has and the fact that he's hot as hell doesn't hurt. Just watching him grow both as an artist/musician and a human being is an inspiration to me.

But this one thing just makes my heart melt everytime I watch it. Especially now with hearing about all the fans who have met him recently. I was watching the U2 Makes a Video from a few months back, for Vertigo. And at one point Bono talks about "our audience" and he kind of stumbles over his words just a little and then gives a kind of half-shrug and looks at the camera and says "I enjoy spending time with them..." That says it all to me.

Last edited:
i just turned 17 on the 8th and to me bono is the most gorgeous man ive ever seen. the reason i started listening to u2 is because when i was 13 i saw the beautiful day video and thought that he was just so beautiful. over the 4 years i have been a fan i have come to respect and admire him even more for all of the obvious reasons. i never had a father in my life and i think that part of me see's him as that kind of figure as well. which is weird for me to say since i drool over him all the time.

i was reading the book "killing bono" by neil mccormick this weekend and reading about how they went to mount temple together and bono's explanation to neil about his faith almost made me cry because it is so close to how i feel about it. and i can relate to bono's dis-intrest in religion. his spirituality is something that i admire the hell out of. and as a teen who is kinda struggling about what to believe, i wish i had the opportunity to talk with him about it all.

okay now that iv'e poured my heart out to you all...:huh:
this is a great thread!

Not sure if I count as "younger" or not. I'm 20 now, was 16 when I became a fan. I do know the moment Bono began to stand out as my favorite. I was watching the Boston broadcast w/ my friends. This was right when I was really getting into the band, but didn't know a lot of personal things about them, just the music. I was thinking Bono was kinda strange and I was trying to figure him out watching this concert. It was during WOWY that I felt different. It was like I got all excited b/c I was drooling over Bono and living vicariously through the chick pulled onstage. It just seemed so "close", but not in a lustful/sexual way. Now that I know pretty much everything about Bono that I need to know, I think I'm attached to him as if he were a close friend, even though he's obviously not. He's so entirely different than myself, but yet there's enough about him to keep me intrigued and to challenge me to become a better person. I act and think differently because of Bono. I'm sure a lot of PLEBAns out there can relate, but it still feels strange to say that it's one of the most dynamic relationships I have, even though Bono would never remember acknowledging my existence. I think my favorite things about Bono are his creativite power (there are lyrics that have re-shaped my worldview), and his integrity as a friend (to his close friends/band), husband, father, Christian, and fellow human being.

I'm 20 (almost 21) and I find Bono incredibly attractive (looks *and* personality). I have ever since I first saw him!

I also love Adam... :)

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Not sure if I count as "younger" or not. I'm 20 now, was 16 when I became a fan. I do know the moment Bono began to stand out as my favorite. I was watching the Boston broadcast w/ my friends. This was right when I was really getting into the band, but didn't know a lot of personal things about them, just the music. I was thinking Bono was kinda strange and I was trying to figure him out watching this concert. It was during WOWY that I felt different. It was like I got all excited b/c I was drooling over Bono and living vicariously through the chick pulled onstage. It just seemed so "close", but not in a lustful/sexual way. Now that I know pretty much everything about Bono that I need to know, I think I'm attached to him as if he were a close friend, even though he's obviously not. He's so entirely different than myself, but yet there's enough about him to keep me intrigued and to challenge me to become a better person. I act and think differently because of Bono. I'm sure a lot of PLEBAns out there can relate, but it still feels strange to say that it's one of the most dynamic relationships I have, even though Bono would never remember acknowledging my existence. I think my favorite things about Bono are his creativite power (there are lyrics that have re-shaped my worldview), and his integrity as a friend (to his close friends/band), husband, father, Christian, and fellow human being.

Wow - I feel EXACTLY the same way! I was 16 as well... Now I'm almost 21. That's so weird -- we have very similar stories/opinions on this topic (especially about changing the way you act and think, the whole attachment thing and the trying to figure out this strange person)!!

WOW!..My earliest memories of U2 were when my family was one of the few with cable in the early/mid 80s My 3 brothers and I were so into music we HAD TO HAVE OUR MTV!!!!!
New Years Day was the first U2 video I remember from those days...I always admit I did not like the song!!!! (different story now cause I absolutly LOVE the song), but I remember those guys singing in the snow..."I....Will be with you again!!!"
I just did not like it than, and I also did not listen to the words then................
"Pride in the name of Love" was love at first listen, but still I did not pay too much attention to the band members, but they were getting a bit more air play....U2 was coming into my life!
Enter The Joshua Tree!!!...the With or Without you video....
OMG!!!!...Be Still my Teenage Heart!!!!!...............Bono, Bono, Bono!!!......Every time the vid was played I went nuts!!..My brothers would tease me, and poked fun at the band!!...
Today more than 15 years later...I still get crazy for
U2!!!...and Still get teased by my brothers....
I think the most impressive thing is the Bono is such a wonderful
person, and his Charisma, and Heart of Gold is why I LOVE him so much!!!........Doesnt hurt that I think he is so damn sexy also!!!:love:

Speaking of which, at the second Staples show I had great seats but I had my binaculours with me, I was looking at Bono the whole time through the (cause I love seeing his face and believe me with those things it was like he was inches away from me)
two guys I was talking to that were sitting next to me before the show saw me following Bono, One of them whispered in my ear:
You look at him to long, you're going to fall in love!!!"
sigh!...If he only knew!:whistle:

youvedonewhat said:
"BTW, MsPurrl, I hope you have a great birthday and that you get to meet Bono...Be sure to let us know if you do.."

Then my sis MsPurrl said:
"I can't wait! Both sets of tickets are quite far from the stage, so the chance of actually meeting the man are very slim--but, hey, we'll be in the same room with him!"

And *I* keep telling her if we go behind the arena for "meet and greet" in the afternoon there's the chance we can meet him! I'm all for it -- and if I can't get my sisters and brother to do it, by cracky, I'm making my daughter go there when we're in Tampa. It's like Im on a mission. :wink: I'm looking at it as my only chance to meet Bono and I'm going to try like the Dickens. We're also still waiting to see if there'll be an Indianapolis gig around 9/26 or so (which would be *my* birthday present if my hubby asks ....)

I am 25 and I became a fan when I was 15. I didn't find Bono very sexy at first but when I got to "know" him from watching the videos and stuff I started to really find him very attractive. For me it is definetly a mix of his personality and looks. I love those blue eyes and that grin. :drool: He just gives off this very sexual kind of vibe.

zooperson said:
i just turned 17 on the 8th and to me bono is the most gorgeous man ive ever seen. the reason i started listening to u2 is because when i was 13 i saw the beautiful day video and thought that he was just so beautiful. over the 4 years i have been a fan i have come to respect and admire him even more for all of the obvious reasons. i never had a father in my life and i think that part of me see's him as that kind of figure as well. which is weird for me to say since i drool over him all the time.

i was reading the book "killing bono" by neil mccormick this weekend and reading about how they went to mount temple together and bono's explanation to neil about his faith almost made me cry because it is so close to how i feel about it. and i can relate to bono's dis-intrest in religion. his spirituality is something that i admire the hell out of. and as a teen who is kinda struggling about what to believe, i wish i had the opportunity to talk with him about it all.

okay now that iv'e poured my heart out to you all...:huh:
this is a great thread!

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

Back
Top Bottom