oh my God, oh my God, oh my God!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vlasak

Acrobat
I'm sure this is not where this goes but I'm too damn excited to actually sit and think about where it should be! I JUST HEARD that there is a "rumor" that Bono is going to show up for SXSW (South by South West) here in Austin!!! This person told me he has come here before for it. It is so weird cause I was just thinking this morning that he would have a great time if he came during this time. My person said he will keep his radar up and let me know as soon as he hears anything! Anyone else out there live in Austin? OH MY GOD! This could be may chance!

SXSW is a whole lotta bands from everywhere that come together and try to get recognized. The whole city of Austin is their venue - every place you look, there's a band. Some turn out great, others, well. You buy a wrist band for the whole time (days) and you can see all the bands whenever you want. It's a REAL big deal.

Yes - Yes of course! I will let the entire world know! If he shows up here and I see him, maybe get his autograph(?), I can honestly die tomorrow and be satisfied. (It has to be tomorrow because I'm taking my daughter and three of her friends to see Kelly Clarkson at the Rodeo tonight!)

vlasak said:
Unfortunatly, I don't know! SXSW lasts five days, starting today.

so normally, he should be in Austin some days during this week :scratch: i am sure you will meet him if he is there!!! keep your eyes open :wink: and remember: do not freak out, if u see him, go and talk to him, and ask for a hug or a kiss, it will be the best thing in ur life, ever :yes:

"and remember: do not freak out" Oh no, I will triple my prozac and be calm as a cucumber. I will probably pass out before I get 5 feet from him though. If that man hugged or kissed me,well, I don't know, honestly. I just don't know. Yes, I do know, I would start crying like a freakin baby! Oh my God! Please don't let me cry! I need to calm down. He may not even come here. Calm......

vlasak said:
"and remember: do not freak out" Oh no, I will triple my prozac and be calm as a cucumber. I will probably pass out before I get 5 feet from him though. If that man hugged or kissed me,well, I don't know, honestly. I just don't know. Yes, I do know, I would start crying like a freakin baby! Oh my God! Please don't let me cry! I need to calm down. He may not even come here. Calm......

:lmao: that was just me the first time i was going to meet bono :laugh:

don't worry, everything will be okay :hug: i really hope he is coming :hyper:

Vlasak, I live here in Austin but I haven't heard anything about this.

I would appreciate your emailing me at iris_lotus_blossom@hotmail.com asap so that we can put our heads together on this.:yes:

I know that Daniel Lanois was here at SXSW last year to promote his new CD.

I have some contacts within SXSW. I hope to hear from you soon.

Peace and Happy St. Patrick's Day!:bono: :up: ;)

Yes, Emilie, he was promoting his new CD that was coming out at the time.

He gave the keynote address of the conference, but it cost over a hundred bucks or so to get in to hear him talk, so I couldn't go. :(

So, it's plausible someone from the record company or Princciple might attend to gear up interest in the upcoming U2 CD (like it needs any help in "gearing up interest"!), but Bono - Vlasak and I have to check that one out.:wink:

And, miss-U2, good to hear from you. How did your classes go on Monday - were you able to do your homework this past weekend?:ohmy:

And thanks again, Emilie, for passing on my gift to the B-man this past Friday. It was a most thoughtful and helpful U2 thing to do.:wink:

The gift brought with it a Healing and a Blessing for him. :heart: :bono: :hug: :up:

So, if he IS in the Austin area, he better call - he has my phone no.:wink:

Have a Wonderful St. Patrick's Day, y'all!

Probably not, Katey, but isn't wonderful to wish?:wink:

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY! DON"T LET IT GET AWAY!

Peace and Love, everyone!:wink:

No news yet. I have feelers out all over this city though. I will let everyone know as soon as I do. Keeping my fingers, toes and everything else I have crossed!

wooo whooooo

wow, Good Luck :up:--I hope he shows up!

< thinks.... maybeee he'll sswing by nyc ? :hyper: silly me, I figure-- if he's bothered/commited etc to make the effort to cross the Atlantic, he'll stop at his ? third home (after Dublin & The South Of France )>

I *just found out about SWxSW for the first time this morning* while listening to to my local public radio station!!. Had an interview with someone in the endeavor
very, very cool. :yes:

He talked about artists taking more control of their careers this was-- after music biz CD's etc sales have been steadily dropping--since many have been cut from various labels' rosters.

have a fun time, even if you don't see him.

Last edited:
aww :sad:

I'd have freaked out if you had seen him... 'cause that would have been the nearest I would have been to the man :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom