Oh My God!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teta040

Refugee
Hi guys...

I know, I know, this is the wrong area for this, but mods, PLEASE don't move it anywhere else...

You guys may know me from other areas of this place, esp the News section...I just discovered this place , I mean, just came out of lurkdom mode in PLEBA a week ago or so...I'm the gal who felt guilty about drooling after Edge at the Grammys, with his personal crisis going on (thanks for everyone who replied to me for that BTW...Made me feel a lot better...:wink: )

The reason I'm putting this here is b/c I'm sure I'd get some kind of reply..you guys seem to be a connected bunch...

For the Yanks on here, esp from the Northeast: (I'm from Albany, NY)

Here is the thing: I have a nasty feeling that the rumors will be true, that the third leg of the tour is being announced on Monday, and that tix are going on sale NEXT WEEK????

I just got done with the whole drama of the 1st leg!! My God, luckily I got tickets to the top show on my list, and possibly another one, but the band hasn't come to my hometown yet, they always have ever since we got an arena in 1990 and Albany was one of the rumored postponed dates...

Hope I don't bore you with a sob story, but be patient with me and listen...I'm sure everyone has a ticket story, and I guess I should feel lucky I have any at all, but here goes...(I'll make this as short as possible.)

A year andf half ago, I began saving for the tour. I assumed that the prices would go up to as much as $200 so I planned for 4 shows, 2 tickets each (the same way I did for Elevation, and the first tour I could afford to go to more than 2 shows.) But last May, my grandmother had a stroke, and it was a bad time financially for my mother, who had to take turns with my uncle caring for her at her home (we couldn't afford a home health aide.) Luckily it was the midest possible stroke and only her hand was affected. But as she lived 4 hrs away from us and wouldn't leave her home, the travel expenses etc got pretty high. I had to help; what could I do? So from May-Sept. 2004, I watched as my carefully built up tour fund (a little each check for most of a year) largely vanished. Luckily, duting the holiday season, my boss let me work some overtime, but that was only enough for me to be able to afford 1 ticket.

The 3 shows I wanted to go to were NYC, Boston and Albany, in that order. I knew no-one in Boston to wait in line for me, or order for me (I got the '01 tix thru Propaganda....that enabled me to relize a 20-yr dream for U2 in Boston...2 shows, to boot...RIP) I put out a "help!" message in Wire, and someone answered from the City of Blinding Lights. He offered to cover for me for MSG, and he came through for me in the general sale. Boston, though..I still haven't been able to get. GA? I don't care. I ordered for GA only once, for the 1st "9/11 show" at MSG, and being there, at that first of the 2 shows, 2 feet from Edge...well, that is the pinnacle of my concertgoing life, and unless I experience my own version of the Melpop roll (don't we all wish, M:) nothing could compare.

The tickets my new frined got were the cheaper nosebleeds, so I had no problem saving up to pay him. He was going to let me wait to pay...

Wll, you can see where this is going....what I want to knowis, since I am even broker than I was before (my refund isn't even coming until early April! DANGIT!) the only thing I can try for are GA's, that's all I can afford, but I know I won't be able to get them, I'll never get through. I have an unused code, but not the fastest computer...I am getting hold of my friend alerting him about next week, he does... (OMG!?!? My nerves!!) but what I want to know is...

Since my friend will only be able to get NYC tix (and not good ones at that....he does not want GA, and the brokers willtake all the lower tier again..) can anyone on here cover for me for Boston (F they play there, I don't see why they would though; they usually don't in the fall, and not after 3 dates in the spring?) and/or Albany and NYC? I will not try to order Albany b/c I can wait in line there, but after the stories about the people who waited in line not gettng tix...

Well...here is what I am interested in: NYC (if they play there..I want a cover in case my friend is too broke to buy now)

Boston, and Albany, in that order...GA"s if possible, and if not, the pricey ones. And here is the catch: I will be honest and say I can't send the money right now. I will have to pay you back in stages. If I wasn't totally broke, as well as being not connected!!!

It would be great to have one person per city looking out for me...I don't know any fans personally, and my family ceetainly won't buy for me. And it;s just for me.

Thanks for readong this, and I hope someone replies!

Pre-sale, general sale, I don't care how you get through, but could you buy an extra ticket for me, and wel willwork out payment arrangements!!

mail me at: Spindle40@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Well, if tix ARE going on sale soon, there's no way in heaven or hell I'll afford any. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one...

I have to say I'm a bit sad about all this. (The Fall ticket sale thing) I saw them several times last tour. Since I live in Florida they aren't coming to the Southeast at all until next fall (I HOPE!). I can't afford to fly anywhere to see them. Now I hear the fall leg will go on sale this month! I can't come up with that kind of money this fast. I'm struggling trying to help support my mom too and it's hard enough to get my rent in on time every month.

I'm beyond bummed out right now. I've seen U2 every tour since JT and this just makes me depressed. Quite honestly, this tour was the thing I was looking forward to for at least a year now and now it seems I may not be able to go. So, teta if you can only make it to one show count yourself luck. :)

Last edited:
I'm so sad cuz ive never seen u2 live before and couldnt get tickets for any show in the UK.:sigh:

I'm not sure what I think about all this...I'm in Florida too, Lisa, so I get very excited at the thought of the band finally coming to Miami (if they do). But now is a really bad time for me to be buying tickets. I was hoping to have some more time to save money up for the third leg.

I really hope the rumors are not true. I do not want the Fall leg going on sale this soon. They did this in 1997 with the Pop tour and it totally sucked. I got tickets to two shows in October and ended up not being able to go to either because I was transferred and was involved in moving at the time. They just shouldn't sell tickets in March for shows in October - December.

Plus, Larry indicated that they were going to revamp the ticket sale process for the third leg. Can they really have done it so soon?

I'm kind of doubtful about any shows because I'm saving money to go to Turkey next year. I have an outside shot at a show *if* I have a really *fab* art show this summer as I'll have *another* shot at the market in December. But if tickets go on sale next week I can forget it.

Indications are that the band unsuccessfully "lobbied" TM to have the whole spring leg over again. No go. I guess they are still too niave to know what the real pciture was. So the only way they can "revamp" is to surprise everyone..and basically, the "revamping" would be just getting everyone with a unused code (and, it's assumed, funds still unused....but that's really bad judgement on Larry's part...people will be more upset at the fact that the band might not be perdived as being able to think that people might have spent that money as they weren't planning until the summer for an announcement...

Oh well..I hope everyone is a success on here? I hope something can be worked out, for everyone.

If teh tix do go on sale Im worried and excited...Thank GOD I kept my temp second job otherwise I'd be homeless!!!!...U2 is the only band I'll work my butt off in two jobs for!!!:wink:

As far as looking out for each other I have $$ saved up and I might be able to help some one but in the West coast...So.Cali!

I agree...I was lucky enough to get a ticket for NJ...but it set me back $200...with 2 kids in College and a mortgage...there is no way I can justify more $$ for tickets. Now if they went on sale later in the year, I'd have time to save.

Oh welll...I'll just be grateful for my NJ tix and I'll always have my Brooklyn memories.

Hi folks,

I am in the same situation. The pre-sale for the 2nd North America leg is tomorrow. With the general sale being this Saturday. I can't come up with that kind of money this quickly, either. Besides, the closest city U2 is coming to for me. Is D.C. They have only played in Baltimore once. But, I also have a sick mom with heart and blood pressure problems. And I don't know how well she will be in the fall. That is, if she is still even with us. Mom is also starting to have other medical problems that may require surgery. Plus, another factor for me is and please don't laugh. I have a seizure disorder. Meaning, I can not be around Strobe or bright flashing lights. Both, my son and my husband, are very concerned that if I went to this concert, because of the type of lights that will be used. I could possibley have a seizure. The last time that I had one, I ended up in the emergency room. It is not something that I can help. I have had this medical problem for a long time. And I have to take Medication everyday.

Take care everyone, and remember we can always enjoy the dvd with our family and friends, when it comes out.

Maeve

Maeve said:

Plus, another factor for me is and please don't laugh. I have a seizure disorder. Meaning, I can not be around Strobe or bright flashing lights. Both, my son and my husband, are very concerned that if I went to this concert, because of the type of lights that will be used. I could possibley have a seizure.

Maeve

:hug: No laughing matter. My sister has epilepsy and has only gone to a couple of concerts long ago for that very reason.

Well being that i didnt succeed in getting tickets for the first show , I didnt touch my savings for the U2 tour , so I'm praying to god that I would get these set of tickets . And is it true that it is going on Sale saturday??????? That means I'm gonna have to get up real early and prepare myself. I really cant afford to miss out on this.

Back
Top Bottom