Oh my dad! (Literally)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Last weekend, I was on the computer blasting U2 when my dad came downstairs and picked up my ATYCLB cd. He studied it for a moment, then asked "Why do you like these old guys so much?"

"Dad," I responded. "They're COOL. And you're older than them. They've survived the music business long enough to go from groovy, to cool, to awesome. They're rock stars! "

My dad asked, "So...guys my age can still be cool? Al-riiight!" And he started singing "I can't liiiiive, with or without youuuuuuu..." and started swiveling/shaking his hips like Bono does sometimes on stage!

Oh my dad! If he starts wearing leather jackets and shades, I don't know whether I'll be proud, embaressed, or just plain scared...

LMAO When I wear my Bono jammies, my dad thinks Bono is Bob Dylan.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

You give your life for rock n' roll

LMAO! my dad still calls him Bone-e-o just to annoy me. But he did buy the Greatest hits CD and I heard him blasting Streets in the car when he came home the other day.
He's getting cooler
smile.gif

LMAO.... my dad loves U2 but he would never ever in a million years dance like Bono except when he makes fun of him...

If my dad ever dressed like Bono, I don't think could claim myself as being his daughter
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Take me to that other place...

My dad goes on u2 websites, scours the newspapers for u2 news for me when im at school...he thinks hes cool cus he loves Elvis and if Elvis is good enough for "Lord Bono" then my dad thinks hes gotta be cool
biggrin.gif

Btw Mona what are your bono jammies like?!?!?

when bono got the award for british man of the year or whatever that was, my stpdad said "it must have been from you going on all those u2 sites. ooh look! one million hits! we gotta make this guy man of the year" lol

My dad has always loved U2.

And if my dad hadn't been a psychotic asshole to me, I would have never had the emotional depth to get into U2.

Thanks Dad! I guess!
wink.gif

Originally posted by President Stupid:
when bono got the award for british man of the year or whatever that was, my stpdad said "it must have been from you going on all those u2 sites. ooh look! one million hits! we gotta make this guy man of the year" lol

LMAO!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
After the Awards show where they won the Internet thing, everyone at school was like I KNOW YOU WERE SITTING THERE VOTING ONLINE EVERY 2 MINUTES. Grr
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 01-21-2002).]

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
My dad asked, "So...guys my age can still be cool? Al-riiight!" And he started singing "I can't liiiiive, with or without youuuuuuu..." and started swiveling/shaking his hips like Bono does sometimes on stage!

*relieved that my dad isn't the only one who does that!!!!*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

Actually, my dad kind of introduced me to the madness when he bought the Joshua Tree way back in the 80s.

Um ... he never really kept up with the group like i did.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by hippyactress:
My dad would never do that
smile.gif
...although he is cool enough to think of me when he hears something about U2....awwwww...

It's the other way around for us... I'm always the one telling him everything I hear news about U2 .... he wouldn't know half of what's going on w/ them if it weren't for me
smile.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Take me to that other place...

You'd think after 15 years of U2 worship my dad would even remember their NAMES, but NO!!!! He is the most clued out dad in the ENTIRE WORLD!!!!!

I'm not entirely sure that my dad knows who U2 IS...my mom, however, informed me on the phone the other day that she was reading an article about "the head guy in U2"
smile.gif
close enough!

Mona has Bono jammies?!?!? Where would one buy such a thing???

Dar

------------------
Proud owner of a disco-ball Trebant.

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
You'd think after 15 years of U2 worship my dad would even remember their NAMES, but NO!!!! He is the most clued out dad in the ENTIRE WORLD!!!!!

Your father and my father should get together
wink.gif
We all know what my father had to say about Bono. I don't think I have stopped blushing yet from that...

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Originally posted by Narcissus905:
I'm not entirely sure that my dad knows who U2 IS...my mom, however, informed me on the phone the other day that she was reading an article about "the head guy in U2"
smile.gif
close enough!

Mona has Bono jammies?!?!? Where would one buy such a thing???

Dar

LMAO Don't steal my Bono jammies!! It's as close as I can to saying I slept--

*ahem*

It's actually jut a ginormous Bono shirt
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

My dad would never do that
smile.gif
...although he is cool enough to think of me when he hears something about U2....awwwww...

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Back
Top Bottom