oh. my. dad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so I have never posted in here before because I have just been too intimidated. I have been lurking for quite a while now, and so I finnaly figured this would be a good time to post.
Hi all, I am Katie, Alison's friend and I was with her the last two times that we went to meet Bono, so I just wanted to break my silence and talk to you all...
Anyway, yes, these last two nights were incredible
So, it was really weird cause Alison and my friend Heather were planning on camping out in front of staples on tues night and I had an exam, so I was going to meet them on wed...but, big change of plans...I get home from class on tues and notice that Alison has been idle for a long time online, about 5 hours, unusual for Alison, seeing as how she almost always leaves and away message and no one has heard from her or seen her in the last 5 hours! My roommate tells me that Alison has been calling a lot in the last hour, so I know something is up...So, I see I have a new voice message on my cell phone..."Hi Katie, this is Alison, umm...well, Bono just came out and he said he is going to come back in an hour and a half, you need to get up here right away!" I call her back, freaking out, when is he coming back?...Ok, so he is supposed to be back at 4:45 and it is 4:15, how the hell do I get to hollywood in 30 min during rush hour? And on top of that, with no car to get me there, great week to have my car in the shop, eh? So, I scream to my roommate that she has got to get me up there and she drove me up there like a mad woman and we made it. Luckily, Bono was 3 hours later than expected, so it all worked out.
It was so incredible meeting him the first time and just so beautiful the second...ahh...I really hope you all get to experience this man up close some day if you have not already. He is so cool, and so nice and relaxed, it is hard to act shy or weird or lose conciousness around him just because he is so laid back. He just treated us like people, just like him, no lower or anything...talking to us about the moon and all! I took a picture with him also and got him to sign my J.T. record, he drew some fly shades on his face on the inside picture and signed it, not as cool as Alison's autograph, but I am still excited!
Alison and I have been like walking aroung in a daze all day, and probably have told the story hundreds of times already, it is almost like we are celebrities here at school for meeting him, random people just coming up to us after hearing from others
We took some time tonight to just kind of talk about it all and face what we had just excperienced, and I said to Alison "Isn't it just so surreal that we met him?" and then she said to me "Is it actually surreal or too real that we met him?" and I said "too real"...yeah, it was too real, so real, twice!
And meeting Thom Yorke was awesome too, he is so cute and short!
And, I went to the bathroom in Adam's hotel, which was kind of cool too, no sight of Adam, though, unfortunatly!

------------------
Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude. - Adam

Welcome to Pleba AdamsDesertRose!!!

That is an amazing story. You girls are so lucky to meet him two nights in a row
biggrin.gif

*Moves to Hollywood*

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Back
Top Bottom