oh Emilie, you're gonna hear some good music today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey niamh when are you going? if you already posted it sorry, :der: i would need to save up some money to get by on until i could actually get over there. i have enough for a ticket and everything but i think i would need some extra cash! how come you are going to the "holy land" lol. just because you want to? a VERY good reason.
i would be more than happy to help share the load of incoming adoring fan stuff for the guys. poor them, i wonder where they put it all?:huh:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Same here! I will be moving soon to Dublin so I'm going to have loads of free time until I find a new job over there.

:hyper:

I'm moving there next month (I told you I'd do it, Flavia!!)

I'm making a day trip over there next Wednesday to meet with some employment agencies, but I won't have time to do anything fun. Ah well, I can wait until next month....

shy said:
Hey girls!:)

May I send a stuff to Bono by Niamh or U2bonogirl,Please?
Kzzz:wave:
Patricia

PS: Will I hurt you, Emilie?:hug:

Sure. it would be my pleasure. But I'm not going to Dublin until the end of Septmeber or the beginning of October, so you can send it to Emilie if you can't wait! Otherwise if you are not in a hurry, I'll give you my address so you can send me the things you want to give Bono.

u2bonogirl said:
hey niamh when are you going? if you already posted it sorry, :der: i would need to save up some money to get by on until i could actually get over there. i have enough for a ticket and everything but i think i would need some extra cash! how come you are going to the "holy land" lol. just because you want to? a VERY good reason.
i would be more than happy to help share the load of incoming adoring fan stuff for the guys. poor them, i wonder where they put it all?:huh:

I'm going back to Ireland next September/October.

I moved to Dublin last year and stayed there until January this year, when I came back to Buenos Aires.

And the reason why I'm going to the "Holy Land" is that my boyfriend is Irish and he lives in Dublin. ( But we all know the real reason is Bono) LOL Jk..Not really... ;) No, seriously, it's a joke! :D

bammo2 said:

I'm moving there next month (I told you I'd do it, Flavia!!)

I'm making a day trip over there next Wednesday to meet with some employment agencies, but I won't have time to do anything fun. Ah well, I can wait until next month....

OMG OMG OMG! That's so cool! :hyper:

I know you will be busy the first few months but I won't let that get in the way of our fun! :lol:

There are so many things we have to talk about! We haven't seen each other in ages!

Thank you Niamh!
Emilie is going to France for summer holidays and only return to Dublin in December.
Then, could you please give me your adress?I can wait for Set or Oct.
Kzz
Patricia:hug: :hyper:

shy said:
Thank you Niamh!
Emilie is going to France for summer holidays and only return to Dublin in December.
Then, could you please give me your adress?I can wait for Set or Oct.
Kzz
Patricia:hug: :hyper:

:ohmy: :shifty: :lmao: who said i am coming back to dublin in december??? :lol:

no way!! :eyebrow: i will be back early september :yes: there's nothing for me in france :huh:

geez, i should open a thread in PLEBAns so that nobody send stuff to france when i am in dublin or to galway when i am france or to galway when i am in dublin... i should clear all that :rolleyes:

Last edited:
And the reason why I'm going to the "Holy Land" is that my boyfriend is Irish and he lives in Dublin. ( But we all know the real reason is Bono) LOL Jk..Not really... No, seriously, it's a joke!

:wink: yeah and i want to go to ireland for the eternal good weather! i'm so happy for you that you found love in ireland. i could be happy just knowing that i could see bono sometime on the street or something. i'm pathetic :reject:

oh and byt the way, what is with the worker permit thing that is really expensive. how much is it and all that? if you move from the US to ireland. thats gonna eat up some money i bet! this little girl aint gettin' a car, thats for sure. couldnt afford it!

:ohmy:

*...so many PLEBAns moving to Dublin!*

:shifty: :hmm:

*...thinking...*

I'm really sorry Emilie,:D :(
I didn't understand your PM.:banghead:
Then, do have I to send my stuff to you or to Niamh?( or to nobody?):yikes: :(
Thank you and I'm sorry, again!
Patricia

well, send it to whoever you want :laugh: but i advise you to wait a bit, (actually there's no hurry, september is in 3months) so that u could see first where is the band and what they are up to and then, which one of us will be there first :wink:

and don't be sorry :hug:

and i think we are gonna have lots of fun this fall :yes:

Oh! I'm feeling better, now!:)
I'll wait to send it, btw I just was thinking that the postal service here in Brazil is slow,slow,slow...
Thanks
Patricia:wave:

u2bonogirl said:
oh and byt the way, what is with the worker permit thing that is really expensive. how much is it and all that? if you move from the US to ireland. thats gonna eat up some money i bet! this little girl aint gettin' a car, thats for sure. couldnt afford it!

I really don't know because I also have an european passport beside my Argentinian passport, so I don't really have to worry about that. :shrug:

I know there's a website that gives you all the info you need when ti comes to work permits and stuf...I'll post it here when I found it

oh god not those websites

Even though I'm from the EU and so don't need to worry about permits etc, I seem to have spent ages staring at those websites :mad:

Whilst I'm definitely moving to Ireland on June 15th, it's possible I may not be moving to Dublin straight away.......I've had voicemail messages from 2 different pubs / hotels in Cork today, wanting to talk to me about working there....:ohmy:

I looked into moving to Ireland last year. I even applied to a bunch of jobs that I found off of monster.com. Most of the job listings that I focused on said they welcome international applications but when it came down to it they really didn't want to be bothered. I got an email back from one person saying they'd only hire me if I could interview with them in person even though their ad said they'd do it over the phone. :| I pretty much gave up when I realized unless I had a ton of money saved to live there jobless while I looked for a job it just wasnt' going to happen for me.

miss-U2 said:

geez, i should open a thread in PLEBAns so that nobody send stuff to france when i am in dublin or to galway when i am france or to galway when i am in dublin... i should clear all that :rolleyes:

:wink: You are a bit of a travelling rat too huh? Hard to keep track of you, just like our travelling Bono!:D

thanks niamh for the links! its scary looking at all that stuff and thinking i have to understand all of it. theres no way. so its 125 pounds(i'm guessing its not in dollars) for a year worker permit. thats not bad. i can handle that. its the application process and the visa stuff and all that thats just overwhelming me. my boyfriend just told me to marry an irishman and make it all easier. LOL. guess who i suggested. :wink: i am so overwhelmed right now. i have been stressed all day and now its getting worse....:huh:

bammo2 said:
oh god not those websites

Even though I'm from the EU and so don't need to worry about permits etc, I seem to have spent ages staring at those websites :mad:

Whilst I'm definitely moving to Ireland on June 15th, it's possible I may not be moving to Dublin straight away.......I've had voicemail messages from 2 different pubs / hotels in Cork today, wanting to talk to me about working there....:ohmy:

Noooooooooooooo not Cork! lol :lol:

You have to come to Dublin! Who's gonna go to the studios with me (besides Emilie of course) if you are not there??? :(

Besides there isn't much to do over there and , most importantly, you won't be running into Bono so often!

how long does it take to get from dublin to cork?? ireland is about the size of a small us state i think.... i could be full of shit, somebody correct me. i was figuring it would take about three hours or so to get from left to right on the island....whats my point? dublin is the place to be anyway, right? its the most econimically rising city. it heard it is really hard to find a place to rent in ireland. that there is more housing for larger families and not for single people or two people to live. im oficially scared that i will end up a homeless begger if i do get up the guts to go. hopefully i will have a friends couch to sleep on occasionally!:reject: :crazy: :sad: my day keeps on getting more depressing.

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Noooooooooooooo not Cork! lol :lol:

You have to come to Dublin! Who's gonna go to the studios with me (besides Emilie of course) if you are not there??? :(

Besides there isn't much to do over there and , most importantly, you won't be running into Bono so often!

:lol:

I'm looking at it this way.........if someone wants to offer me a job with accommodation in Cork, then I'll take it. I can work there for the summer or whatever, and it'll take the pressure off me having to try to find a place to live etc etc when I first arrive. I still plan on living in Dublin, but I could do the Cork thing first.

Besides, you don't arrive until September! I'm gonna be there from June!!

hey, i spent the year in galway and look, i met the guy every month :lol:
galway is a really nice place, i loovee that town. Cork is one great too :yes: the problem with dublin is that it is overcrowded :eyebrow:

it takes 3 hours by bus to do galway-dublin, and certainly the same or 4hours to do cork-dublin.
there are lots of accomodation for single people in dublin but also in small cities.
economically, dublin is the most expensive! really that's crazy! the smaller cities are not like that :no: like galway or cork, u can live easily there. Dublin is soooo :crazy:
that's why i wanted to stay in galway first... but i had no choice so :huh:

I'm taking my car over with me so hopefully I should be able to get around the country fairly easily :D

Actually, exporting the car is proving to be the biggest headache of the whole move! But it'll be worth it cos cars are worth more over there. I was going to sell it here in the UK and buy one over there, but I found out that my car is worth something like 1000 euro more in Ireland, so I figured it makes sense to export it with me, and if it turns out that I can't afford to run it, I'll sell it and get more money for it!

Dublin wasn't too expensive...well our flat wasn't and we lived 2 blocks from St. Steven's Green on Adelaide Rd. I think we lucked out tho cos we were in a hostel for a week and found that flat and it was only $600 euro a month.

I wish we could go back there :( I miss Dublin so much but we'll be back to visit sometime soon. It is VERY important to get a work permit (if you're not from the EU of course). I had so many job offers there but they all turned me down because of my lack of a work permit...until 2 days before we left :mad: I was offered a job and they said they would get me the work permit but it was too late cos we had our plane tickets and I was extremely ill. :( If not then i'd probably still be living there

Back
Top Bottom