Official BeachBall Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeNBono

The Fly
im officially calling this thread the BeachBall thread because im hopefully devoted to beachballs & their lovers....post all you Beachball captions/pics/rants here..thnk you!

Where did the beachball joke come from in the first place? I know it was from Slane Live DVD, when Bono gets the ball, blah blah blah. But the way he says 'Oh look Edge, a beachball' and the way Edge laughs makes me think there must be some inside joke with the band... But then, if it's an inside joke with the band then we wouldn't know, would we?

I was at the first Slane concert and it wasn't just beach balls that were being thrown up onto the stage but all sorts of inflatable objects!!:wink: At one point I saw a giant inflated banana being thrown around infront of the stage!:giggle:

When I went on vacation last July, we were driving on a road near the beach and it was really windy. Suddenly, a beachball rolls across the road :ohmy: .

Of course, I turn to my sister and say, "Oh look Edge, a beachball." :lol:

Then I had to spend the next few minutes explaining it to her :reject:

At MSG on 11/22, there was a beachball being passed around near the ellipse on Edge's side. I was wondering if it bounced around long enough, Bono would say what he did at Slane.

In Lisbon a local radio station, sponsor of the concert, kept entertaining us by throwing beach balls while we were waiting for the show to begin (we had too much time on our hands since Keane did not perform that day:grumpy:).

c634494e.jpg

ae85389b.jpg

3a5d3804.jpg

SimplyConfused said:
Where did the beachball joke come from in the first place? I know it was from Slane Live DVD, when Bono gets the ball, blah blah blah. But the way he says 'Oh look Edge, a beachball' and the way Edge laughs makes me think there must be some inside joke with the band... But then, if it's an inside joke with the band then we wouldn't know, would we?
As far as I know, it was an inside joke, which has never been explained. All anybody saw was Bono mentioning a beachball, and Edge laughing hysterically.
Which is why we (if not, certainly I) endevour to explain this phenomenon through the medium of captions.

hcbiggs2002 said:
I was at the first Slane concert and it wasn't just beach balls that were being thrown up onto the stage but all sorts of inflatable objects!!:wink: At one point I saw a giant inflated banana being thrown around infront of the stage!:giggle:

Hi hcbiggs :wave: you were at the first slane gig??:ohmy: Wow. I'm so jealous..

*sofia* said:

Hi hcbiggs :wave: you were at the first slane gig??:ohmy: Wow. I'm so jealous..

Yeah! Well, cause U2 didn't bring the Elevation tour to Finland my friend Nienor and I decided that because we would have to go abroad away, we might as well go to Ireland! We also visited Bonos house in Killiney.:D

:lmao: You and me both! I mean, I don't really mind having to go abroad to see them, see new places and meet new people but unless it's an English speaking country, all the newspaper articles and reviews etc. are in a language I don't understand!:(

Yeah well, the newspapers are sort of whatever to me, but the thing for me is that I don't have the money to go abroad.. I will, somehow, but it's a bit tricky with 7 cents on my account.

I listened to the slane gig on my way home yesterday, and everytime when it gets to the beachball I start giggling. :laugh: People must think I'm pretty weird laughing by myself all the time..

LostAtMoon said:
In Lisbon a local radio station, sponsor of the concert, kept entertaining us by throwing beach balls while we were waiting for the show to begin (we had too much time on our hands since Keane did not perform that day:grumpy:).

c634494e.jpg

ae85389b.jpg

3a5d3804.jpg
I was there too! :yes:

^ wow that must have been funny... well yeah, after stuff being thrown all day long at them, Bono remarking he saw a beach ball must be funny!!! "AWWWW haven't seen one in so long.." *thought: these feckin beachballs will do me no good... oh wait! that can be made into a song!!* :D

Or maybe yeah, they share a lottle beachball secret which they still haven't shared :hmm: :shifty: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom