Ode to my former car

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2granny

Blue Crack Addict
My daughter wrecked my car today. Fortunately she wasn't injured. She swerved to miss a cat, hit the accelerator instead of the brake and took out a fence, went airborne, and took out a second fence. The car is totaled.

1a315805.jpg

af820b03.jpg

afb4bbe5.jpg

All the fencing in the last picture was piled against her door. Some nice guys who witnessed the whole thing got her out of the car.

Last edited:
:ohmy: Damn! Gald your daughter is OK, hope she still missed the cat. This is what happens when people let their animals roam freely :mad:

So glad your daughter and the cat are okay. Sorry about the car. I get attached to cars and often leave them sit in the driveway until the city threatens to tow it away. All good cars should be memorialized.

Who has to fix the fence?

U2Kitten said:
So glad your daughter and the cat are okay. Sorry about the car. I get attached to cars and often leave them sit in the driveway until the city threatens to tow it away. All good cars should be memorialized.

Who has to fix the fence?

The car was towed away. Our insurance will fix the fence and landscaping in both yards.

I prefer to think of it as car heaven. To some lot actually for our insurance to look at it. Every panel has some damage and something is hanging from under the car.

It's going to be re-inCARnated into a new car! Once it's an organ donor at the junkyard, it gets mashed down and melted and they use the metal to make a brand new car. It will ride again! :) That's how I like to think of my old cars. Somewhere, in some form, they ride again, young and healthy again on an open highway with no one on it:hug:

Last edited:
Damn, what a horrible experience! I totalled a car in January at a really dangerous intersection in Birmingham--there are several of those. Even the newspapers calls a particularly notorious one Malfunction Junction. I'm glad your daughter is OK, sorry about the car, thank God you can fix fences.

Our family minivan recently went to automotive heaven as well. The engine exploded while my bro was driving on the highway to a friends house. It made a huge mess all over the highway and was obviously totalled.

you've certainly had an eventful year, u2granny. sorry to hear about the car, but glad that your daughter wasn't injured. cars can be replaced, people can't.

dandy said:
you've certainly had an eventful year, u2granny. sorry to hear about the car, but glad that your daughter wasn't injured. cars can be replaced, people can't.

That's what I told her. The people who had their fences destroyed were even hugging her and trying to make her feel better.

Well goes to show someone was looking out for your daughter while she was looking out for the cat. :angel: I'm glad she's okay and no one was out in the yard when it happenned.

sorry to hear that! my sister totaled my mom's van 2 years ago and I was there for the aftermath; I think my mom was more shaken up about it than my sister was...

karmic_postmark said:
Well goes to show someone was looking out for your daughter while she was looking out for the cat. :angel: I'm glad she's okay and no one was out in the yard when it happenned.

:up: My husband once swerved to miss a rabbit and was almost hit head on but landed in a ditch instead. He said (and he is not the kind of guy to say things like this) that someone up there helped him for trying to save one of his creatures. So many people will just run them down:(

I lost the best and fairest mechanic I ever had when an old man he was guiding into the garage hit the gas instead of the brake. He was slammed against an old washing machine and out thrugh the back wall of the gas station. He did survive, but his legs were crushed and had to have many metal implants and he was so injured he had to retire. He had no health insurance, and the old man had no car insurance. :(

Again, glad your daughter is okay:hug:

I was in a car accident earlier this year...definitely a traumatic experience! :(

I'm glad she is okay!

Back
Top Bottom