Obsessions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
erised said:

music (always U2, but also at the moment: Chantal Kreviazuk, Ryan Adams, Tony Lucca, and Billie Myers)

Chantal is great. :wave:

Obsessions....

eBay
U2
Chantal
Wheat Thins
Mt. Dew Code Red
bootlegs
black gel pens/Pilot pens.

flaming june said:
I was obsessed with Harry Potter and Russell Crowe before I became obsessed with U2.

Ebay

Anne Shirley (I own all the movies and have read all the books)

Jane Austen

Thundercats :shifty:

Candy Candy (an anime)

Mr. Darcy

:scratch: I've had a lot of obsessions over the years, but those are all I can remember right now...

Ohhhh I've been there with Russell Crowe and Mr. Darcy. I can totally understand the Jane Austen, Harry Potter and Anne Shirley obessions too. I've been overly fascinated with those things too.

I'm currently obsessed with:
reading everything I can about Africa
remodeling my kitchen
anything Macintosh
Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers

I've always been obsessed with:
Bono:sexywink:

Re: I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

erised said:

:sad: I know what you mean Angela... we're not gonna have snow this year either. :( It's fookin' cold over here but all our snow has melted so there'll be no white Christmas for me this year. I love white Christmases. :yes:

you can have ours
it blizzarded today
I hate snow, I'd much rather have a palm treed 75 degree christmas:scream:

ahhh i am obsessed with so much!

lurking on interference (I do that much more than posting!)

EBAY!! How cant you be obsessed with that

Marching band-I'm a hardcore band geek!

clothes-mainly from hot topic!

dollzmania.com

Shirley Manson..she's so awesome..and hot

Elijah Wood-SOO hot

Kelly Osbournes look-i :heart: it

thats all i can think of for now..

Moonlit_Angel said:

• Ghosts in general...I am absolutely fascinated by the idea of ghosts (yeah, I believe they exist), and I'll watch those "Haunted History" shows and things along that line, I'll read books with ghost stories and things along that line.

www.ghoststudy.com Check out the photo gallery! Some are dumb and pretty iffy, but there's a few good ones, especially the vortices that cast shadows :yes: those have always fascinated me and I collect vortex photos - I've even got one of myself dressed as Bono for Halloween!

....*hides b/c y'all think I'm insane now*....:reject:

Last edited:
hotpepper said:

Ohhhh I've been there with Russell Crowe and Mr. Darcy. I can totally understand the Jane Austen, Harry Potter and Anne Shirley obessions too. I've been overly fascinated with those things too.

I'm currently obsessed with:
reading everything I can about Africa
remodeling my kitchen
anything Macintosh
Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers

I've always been obsessed with:
Bono:sexywink:

:happy: Great, you're the first person I've met here who's a fan of Anne Shirley! I was watching Anne of Green Gables last night. :cute:

I'm dying to see LOTR - The Two Towers... I saw The Fellowship of the Ring a few days ago and I loved it! I think it's becoming an obsession for me. :D

On my previous list, I forgot to mention Star Wars!!! :drool:

Musical obsessions:

-Beatles
-Sarah Mclachlan
-Fleetwood Mac
-U2 (duh)

Musicals obsessions:

-Cats (yeah... :tsk: )
-West Side Story
-The Phantom of the Opera
-Les Mis
-Rent

Other obsessions (in no particular order):

-Star Wars
-Travel (especially Lonely Planet travel stuff)
-Anne of Green Gables
-He-Man and She-Ra
-Inteference
-chatting on AIM
-applying to college (i'm not kidding. i spent 9 months preparing for it. i bought books.)
-Figure Skating
-Gymnastics
-Anthying having to do with the Olympics, Winter or Spring.
-Harry Potter (books and movies)
-Lord of the Rings (books and movies)

Oh, Lord there are so many more. But I think that'll do for now.

Re: Re: I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

Kristie said:

you can have ours
it blizzarded today
I hate snow, I'd much rather have a palm treed 75 degree christmas:scream:

Yay! It snowed overnight! :dance: I'm having a white Christmas afterall! :happy:

christmas_snow.jpg

DML said:
To make matters worse bout livin in warm sunny Florida: We now have a TORNADO WATCH! Umm...that's not suppose to happen is it? I would rather have SNOW! :scream:

Yeah, I heard about that...that must've sucked.

*Sigh* No snow for Christmas here. :(.

Now when I hear "White Christmas" it depresses me.

Kristie, I'll gladly trade you places-you can come here and I'll go where it's snowing. Granted, it'll be cold here, but at least there's no snow for you (erised, you lucky duck...).

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic, thanks for the link! I'll check that out soon (don't feel bad, by the way, I dressed up as the Fly this past Halloween (I was gonna do the Macphisto thing, but I couldn't find the appropriate stuff for my outfit, so I just grabbed a leather outfit and some shades and dressed up as the Fly)).

Angela

:hmm: A few more I thought of...

*Ebay (well, somebody else said that, and I was like, "yeah, me too!)
*Harry Potter (although not nearly as much as my roomies! :hug: )
*The acoustic guitar (I got the book "Guitar for Dummies" for my birthday so now I can REALLY begin to learn! My fingers on my left hand are already killing me, but it's a GOOD kind of pain...haha)
*John Hughes movies
*80s Pop culture stuff from my childhood

:sexywink:

*The boy on the bicycle at school that told me he likes me U2 pins on my backpack!
*This other guy that was in two of my writing classes last semester.

Last edited:
Re: What if it all means something...

erised said:

I just got her latest album last week and it's practically all I've been listening to. :D

My favorite tracks are the title track, Time, and Miss April.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Musical obsessions:

-Beatles
-Sarah Mclachlan
-Fleetwood Mac
-U2 (duh)

Musicals obsessions:

-Cats (yeah... :tsk: )
-West Side Story
-The Phantom of the Opera
-Les Mis
-Rent

Other obsessions (in no particular order):

-Star Wars
-Travel (especially Lonely Planet travel stuff)
-Anne of Green Gables
-He-Man and She-Ra
-Inteference
-chatting on AIM
-applying to college (i'm not kidding. i spent 9 months preparing for it. i bought books.)
-Figure Skating
-Gymnastics
-Anthying having to do with the Olympics, Winter or Spring.
-Harry Potter (books and movies)
-Lord of the Rings (books and movies)

Oh, Lord there are so many more. But I think that'll do for now.

Hey, I dig 99.9% of your obsessions! :D Except U2... :sexywink:

Re: Re: What if it all means something...

senrab said:

My favorite tracks are the title track, Time, and Miss April.

Flying Home is one of my favorites... I cried the first time I heard it... I've had several family members die this year and that song just really hit home. :(

At the moment my U2 obssession doesn't leave a whole lot of room for many other obssessions, but I have also been known to obssess over:

The X-Files
Bruce Springsteen
Figure skating (during the Olympics)
Jane Eyre (I can't count the number of times I've read this book)
Star Trek: The Next Generation (the only Star Trek series I ever really got into, but I was REALLY into it at one time)
Days of Our Lives :)reject: - it was a long time ago, I swear!)

MonaVox said:

Peanut Butter Jelly Time...

:lmao:

You would have LOVED our Homecoming pep rally in which we were forced to witness the Homecoming king breaking it down while the entire crowd shouted "peanut butter jelly time!"

I was only there for the concert AFTER the pep rally... I'm scarred for life lol

hippy said:
reading all the literature I can

Haha, same here.

In fact, my World Literature class has this assignment over the Christmas break to read a book from another country-and naturally I picked Ireland, trying to find a book related to that, and I found this book called "1,000 Years Of Irish Poetry". I haven't actually sat down and read it yet (I'll start doing that within the next couple of days, and I have all next week to read it, too), but I've skimmed through, and it looks really good (so is it just a given that if you're from Ireland, you're a naturally talented writer? 'Cause while skimming through, I noticed some really good poems in this book, and then I've read U2 fanfiction from people in that country that was really good, and then of course there's Bono's songwriting, which is superb, so...? :D).

Angela

Right now I'm obsessed with:

U2 (I am scaring my family...)
Dave Matthews Band...especially Dave and the bass player Stefan...mmm, Fonzie...
Guitar playing men in general
Music videos
Ireland & going there
Joining a gym
80's music
Chocolate-covered gummi bears...but the only store I know that sells them is closed until Feb. 1!!!
Synchronized Skating, and figure skating in general (not as much now as in the past...)

In the past I have been frighteningly obsessed with Jurassic Park, The Phantom of the Opera, and All My Children.

obsessions rock

Yay for all of these obsessions! I have been there in the past for so many of them. In fact, I suspect many of the following are just dormant right now, and could flare up again at any moment:

X-Files
Anne Shirley (actually I've read, and own, all of L.M. Montgomery's books)
Russell Crowe
baseball
basketball (I'm pretty sure those two were finished in junior high though)
miniatures (I have 2 dollhouses down my parents' basement)
Brad Pitt (junior high, super obsessed)
Stephen King books
Laura Ingalls Wilder (the Little House books, and anything historical I could find and read about them)
figure skating
tennis (this flares up again every year)

Currently, in no particular order:

U2
hockey
travelling (or just dreaming about it for now, while I WORK)
Wilco

And I can't think of any more, but I'm sure there are. :)

Barbecue Sauce.
things you can put barbecue sauce on:

• chicken
    - grilled
    -fried
    -roasted
    -strips
    -nuggets
  • pork
    -grilled
    -fried
    -bacon :evil:
    -sandwich form
  • beef
    -hamburgers
    -steak
    -filet mignon
  • pretzels
  • fritos
  • puffy Cheetos
  • tacos
  • cheese sticks
  • carrots
  • potatoes
  • taquitos
  • pizza
  • french fries

U2!!!!!
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Doooblin(best place ever!)
Football

AUSTIN POWERS!!!!

and thats about it

AdamsMango said:
ahhh i am obsessed with so much!

lurking on interference (I do that much more than posting!)

EBAY!! How cant you be obsessed with that

Marching band-I'm a hardcore band geek!

clothes-mainly from hot topic!

dollzmania.com

Shirley Manson..she's so awesome..and hot

Elijah Wood-SOO hot

Kelly Osbournes look-i :heart: it

thats all i can think of for now..

i forgot something! D'oh! the Simpsons! My favorite show! and Chris Kattan!! Mango! :drool:

• my new flat screen computer monitor (Merry Christmas, Emily!)
  • Harry Potter I finished the 4th book this afternoon. Holy f***ing shit. Snape!? Sirius!? And, Harry, he's my hero.
  • this DMB song called "Gray Street"
  • my chapstick
  • Bono
  • baby powder
  • Born to Run and Scarlet's Walk

ok...i'll just write a few so as to not dip into a vat far too big to mention....i have a very obsessive personality...i either like or i don't like...there is NO middle...anyway, here's a few...

~music. GOOD music. music in which the musician also wrote the song and is playing the instrument. music makes me happy.

~writing poetry. being able to dump out your feelings freely, knowing that no one else will know, or maybe care, but it's out there.

~last minute, hectic, and insane roadtrips to see (and meet) the person in the world whom you most admire and love.

~sleep. naps. being able to lie in a warm bed and have no worries. cuddling. curling up and falling asleep to the soothing sounds of a favorite cd. dreaming. day or night. i love dreaming.

~chillin' with people you love. friends. chatting online via aim/msn messenger. talking. deep philosophical conversations that come from nowhere and interrupt studying for finals. getting to know people.

~confidence. looking in the mirror and for once being content. true compliments that help your self esteem. people who aren't distracted by rather obvious physical triats. forgetting about all that shallow stuff. people taller than me.

~having my mind to fall back on. not studying for a test and still doing well. slacking a semester and still getting A's. feeling smart. talking a final and knowing everything.

ok ok...i promised not to ramble...sorry sorry sorry...i'm done, i swear. *rereads post* yeah...those are the ones that come to mind...

Last edited:
Schmeg said:
U2 (I am scaring my family...)

Welcome to my world. I just watched "Rattle & Hum" again earlier for, like, the zillionth time-my dad was in the next room when I was watching it (the door was open so he could see and hear the movie)...I wonder if he's getting sick of seeing that movie yet? :).

Originally posted by Schmeg
The Phantom of the Opera,

Ooh, yeah, me, too, I had an obsession with that before.

It's the storyline, I think-I really like the storyline.

I knew a kid at my old school who was even more obsessed with "Phantom Of The Opera" than I was...kids made fun of him for it (they were pretty cruel to him, actually). :(.

Originally posted by Schmeg
and All My Children.

My mom watches that show all the time. That's the only soap opera she watches. I don't watch it regularly...but there are times when it can get rather engrossing (my family is always careful to ask my mom what's going on in the show, though, 'cause sometimes when we do that then she has to go all the way back to explain something that happened on there in, like, the 80's that led to what's going on now. LOL).

Angela

madonna's child said:
  • Harry Potter I finished the 4th book this afternoon. Holy f***ing shit. Snape!? Sirius!? And, Harry, he's my hero.

I KNOW!!! Snape isn't my favorite character (that's probably Sirius, actually) but he's certainly the most intruiging. What did he promise Dumbledore? What made him turn away from Voldemort? What will happen to him now that Voldemort is back? JK Rowling better get her ass in gear and finish the 5th book. :yell:

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

I KNOW!!! Snape isn't my favorite character (that's probably Sirius, actually) but he's certainly the most intruiging. What did he promise Dumbledore? What made him turn away from Voldemort? What will happen to him now that Voldemort is back? JK Rowling better get her ass in gear and finish the 5th book. :yell:

Supposedly it's going to be out within the next five months...I hope so!!!

Moonlit_Angel said:

Welcome to my world. I just watched "Rattle & Hum" again earlier for, like, the zillionth time-my dad was in the next room when I was watching it (the door was open so he could see and hear the movie)...I wonder if he's getting sick of seeing that movie yet? :).

Ooh, yeah, me, too, I had an obsession with that before.

It's the storyline, I think-I really like the storyline.

I knew a kid at my old school who was even more obsessed with "Phantom Of The Opera" than I was...kids made fun of him for it (they were pretty cruel to him, actually). :(.

My mom watches that show all the time. That's the only soap opera she watches. I don't watch it regularly...but there are times when it can get rather engrossing (my family is always careful to ask my mom what's going on in the show, though, 'cause sometimes when we do that then she has to go all the way back to explain something that happened on there in, like, the 80's that led to what's going on now. LOL).

Angela

AMC...
:lol: Gotta love that about the soaps...I haven't officially watched it in like five years now, but I can still sometimes figure it out. I was COMPLETELY obsessed with this crazy storyline where Janet threw her sister Natalie into a well so she could marry Natalie's boyfriend Trevor...hilarious.
TPOTO...
My friend and I used to argue over who was better for Christine, the Phantom or Raoul. I insisted that the Phantom was the one who REALLY loved her because he sacrificed everything for her, and Raoul just wanted his little prize. She disagreed.
U2...
I have been hiding my addiction as if I were addicted to cocaine lately because I can't stand the looks or the comments anymore. I was watching the Boston DVD in my brother's room yesterday because I was home alone, and my mom came home, and I got so nervous that I crashed the computer trying to get out of the DVD player...:huh: God I need a raise so I can get my own apartment...

Madonna's Child-
I LOVE THE SONG "GREY STREET"!!! I think Dave wrote it about me! Have you seen the Live from Fulsom Field video for it where he almost bursts into tears during "changing colors bold and bright?" :drool:

Back
Top Bottom