Obnoxious, judgemental friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vlasak

Acrobat
Hello Plebans. I am somewhat new and I don't think I've ever posted here before. I have somewhat of a delimma and I'm thinking all you wonderful ladies can maybe clue me in on what to do (or do nothing)? Anyway, I'm in my late 30's, married, have two kids and live in a "subdivision". I have three really good friends that are neighbors. Very different women too. My very best friend, Sheryl is a recovering alcoholic (11 years now) as well as her husband and I think the world of her because of the strength it took for her to beat dependency. She's got to be the strongest woman I've ever known! Anyway, we get together and drink coffee and smoke cigarettes and talk about books we're reading, etc. I always have a great time. THEN THERE'S JERRI. She likes to party, she's loud and obnoxious and fun AND she's my daughter's best-friends mom. She is a smart-ass but I can be one too! Anyway, she doesn't like Sheryl (I'm not sure why?) and she gets just a little to opinionated in front of me, and others, about Sheryl, even thought she knows Sheryl means the world to me. Sometimes I get extremely pissed and sometimes I let it go. THe problem is, I think about it way too much and I think I need to take action. What to do? What to do? What to DO?

I'm sorry :( It's so hard when your kids are involved. Best of luck. My life is so screwed up I can't give anyone advice :grumpy: I really feel for you. I have some very obnoxious neighbors. I wish I could move to the woods somewhere.

Last edited:
vlasak, it seems to me that Jerri is someone you might want be with when you're in the mood for partying, but that Sheryl is your real friend here. Make sure that she knows how much you think of her and her strength. When you've been sober for a long time some people forget that it can still be a daily struggle.

11 years sober as of Jan. 12 :yes:

Last edited:
najeena - Thanks, you're right and I'll call her right now. Congratulations, you're proof we can all overcome the "impossible"!
-Love

Back
Top Bottom