NYC Book Signing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The girl that gave out the #s said she was from interference..she should step up and be flamed like she deserves..but also B&N was rediculous also.. I just wish there was something we could do but it looks like there is nothing.. damn greedy ebayers and line cutters..how do they sleep?

even if she was from interference......so what.......that doesn't make her any more special than any one else.....the only special treatment was a random selection from U2's website in a lottery selection for the first 150. Everyone else was fair game. which means first come first serve. You leave for more than an hour then in the back you go. She was let in her selfish friends and I feel ashamed that she is a U2 fan and doesn't have any respect or honesty for other people. She put her friends on when they weren't even there!!!!! I wish I could see her again.

B&N can't control the line through the night. We can't expect them to. I mean there are problems at the concert for the GA people who waited on line all day and have other people come in an hour before the show. They came earlier, got a number, went to the bars, then came an hour before the show. Unless U2 has a specific way then unfortunately there is no way to do it.

One suggestion is the ticketmaster way. Give out tickets and have a raffle. What ever number comes out is where it starts. Everyone gets there at the same time and has the same odds.

You know you have to give more credit to the ebayers. They stayed up through the night like everyone else. It was the first section of the barracade that let in the most people. There were no scalpers in there......just greedy fans.

We didn't sleep. Some tried to in the street. We stayed up, talked, and worried about who was going to cut.

the return of line drama- haven't seen much of this since the last US leg of the tour!

sadly i couldn't make it to the book signing, even though i'm only a 10 minute walk away, due to work commitments. congrats to all those who got to meet the band! :)

The difference between this Book signing "Drama" and purchasing a GA ticket to a U2 Concert is the payoff.The payoff is a great show no matter what,you are in the door.This was a lack of respect,trying to control a situation to benefit oneself.(friends as well).There are plenty of people who were involved with how this went down,thats why no one is admitting to any wrong doing.If this person is a part of Interference,that really sucks.That's taking advantage of people and throwing around some imaginary weight.People went home really bummed,not cool.If you had seen these people that came from all over and really wanted to meet the band,you would know how crappy the whole thing was.All it took was that person to say,"Hey just so you know,I AM NOT FROM B&N"..or "JUST BECAUSE I AM GIVING YOU A NUMBER,IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING"
Look,I got to meet the band anyway,I stuck it out outside.No bracelet needed.No crying,no begging or trying to talk to the right person.

Sad that it seems no matter how well planned or no matter what happens there is the group who just aren't satisfied for one reason or another. What's worse, they then try to make everyone else feel guilty and as miserable and disappointed as they are with their whining, accusations and bitterness. They should have their own threads. that way anyone with negative attitudes, stories, comments etc. won't have the opportunity to attempt to piss off the average positive happy U2 fans.

It seems obvious,to be an average positive happy U2 fan,you ignore when they behave badly.Sticking together and not admitting they were wrong is sad.Guilt is felt,to those that are Guilty.

Hmmm...what direction is this thread heading???? In the "closed" direction, I think. I feel bad for all the true fans who stuck it out and didn't get in, for whatever reason, and it IS frustrating having people who take advantage. Unfortunately, these people will always be one step ahead...literally. It makes it a very unpleasant experience. And those people with the child, if they truly were waiting in their car, they should have at least come back every couple of hours so that other people would know they weren't really line-cutters, and then crying to the security guard. How pathetic is that?

What puzzles me is how people who attended the gig in New Orleans managed to get into the event. There were no flights that arrived in NYC before 11:15 on the day of the signing, yet they got in. :scratch:
Maybe they drove all night, but I couldn't figure out how to do both (cause of course I wanted to!)

Congrats to everyone who got in, especially those of you who had waited so long :up:

Hey Ruff,

I know one person who was at N.O. and the book signing. She drove all night, for 7 hours, to Atlanta, then took the first flight out to NYC. MIRACULOUSLY she won entry into the book signing from U2.com so she was guaranteed a place in line. She was all the way in the back, but she got her book signed :up: which is what the event was really about.

Congrats to all those who got their book signed.

u2forlife said:
Hey Ruff,

I know one person who was at N.O. and the book signing. She drove all night, for 7 hours, to Atlanta, then took the first flight out to NYC. MIRACULOUSLY she won entry into the book signing from U2.com so she was guaranteed a place in line. She was all the way in the back, but she got her book signed :up: which is what the event was really about.

Congrats to all those who got their book signed.

i know someone who considered doing the same thing and was trying to talk several of us into it :yikes: i'd calculated every possible way, and the car/flying possibility is the only one that makes sense to get there in time. that must have been exhausting--i'm not that devoted :wink:

wow, New Orleans and then the book signing, thats a little stalkerish. :lol: If I had the money I would have probably done it too though. :giggle:

As for the line cutting stuff, I've seen it happen in a ga line as well, just as U2superman1975 described. People around here are aware of it but choose to not really talk about it for some reason. I think it is sad and unfair but what can you do. :shrug:

Last edited:
Thanks for saying that people see stuff that goes on and choose not to discuss it.It seemed like if we brought out a negative,it was sour grapes.There is a total "in crowd" scene at these events and people really watch each others backs.High Five to those who got in no matter who got screwed along the way."Congrats does'nt always apply.Sorry...maybe you needed to actually be there to see.

I don't think it's about bringing out negativity...........i think it's about correcting a system. U2 fans have a very good reputation as far as behavior but this aspect (GA lines) has become skewed. We should not give so much power to the "tool" who brings the notebook and a marker. There should be no special treatment. There should be a general concensus about leaving and coming back.

cg said:

:applaud:

TUESDAY, SEP. 26, 10 A.M.
feel bad for self. later realize i am being ridiculous, but at the moment, feel like crying and/or killing someone. (pumpkin seems like the best option.)
do only thing one can at such moments. call mom.
tell mom what happened.
mom listens, says nothing.
finally, i say "mom, i'm really upset."
mom says "i can tell."

Been there. Done that (a long time ago). Also called mom :reject:.

I'm glad it had a happy ending. Yay for John :up: :hug:.

Lesson to be learned:

NEVER TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!!!

Big John is unbelievably sweet and cool, I love him!!!

The security guards where idiots along with the B & N Manager Greg!!!

there was a lot of bullshit on that line, yes... but there was also a lot of drama over nothing.

if the group of ebay people weren't there, everything would have gone a lot smoother. everyone would've moved up 25-30 spots, it would have been a much more peaceful experience, people could have actually gotten :shocked: sleep, which would have made the other issues less of an annoyance.

the things that happened at the front of the line with the notebook, these are things that happened throughout the GA line experience, and were widely accepted by the majority of people who did the GA thing. i spent as little time on the actuall line as i possibly could... all be it i never left the vicinity of union square it's self, venturing no further than a block away... to the mcdonalds, the starbucks, and any other open door i could venture in to, just to try and keep myself from going crazy.

with the GA lines people would leave for 2-3 hours at a time to get lunch, shower, and of course to go to the loading dock to attempt to meet the band... then they'd get back into their spot, and no one would say boo. on that line i saw people who i knew, who'd been there since 2-3 in the afternoon, leave the line at 8:00 to go home, shower, change, grab some sleeping gear and arrive back by 11ish... and were given grief from some at the end of the line, when in every GA experience, hardly a person would have said a word.

again... if the ebayers weren't there, it would have calmed a lot of people's nerves about everything... and we could have all been a little more alert in the morning to yell at that couple with their kid who cut the entire line... now her deal was complete bullshit. the number she said she got at 3am was just 8 or 9 numbers behind my number, which i got at 7:40pm. i do believe she vastly underestimated the psychosis of u2 fans when she attempted to spew her bullshit story.

but hey... she got in anyway. maybe the security guards thought she was rosie o'donnell with that hair cut...

Back
Top Bottom