Nutcase of the Week!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lauryl

The Fly
Nutcase of the Week?

My mom, being the dear genealogy freak that she is, found out something interesting yesterday: I'm probably related to a little family called Hewson.

So then- Mom's about 80% sure that the hottest singer in the world could be some kind of uncle. LMAO! Not that it means anything (but I doubt I'd think twice about a family reunion... hahaha, that would be the day).

:eeklaugh:

On second thought, this was probably not the best thread to first sally into PLEBAns with.

Oh well. Crazy or not, I feel right at home :wink: :hug: And I love that purple smiley :lol:

So who are you related to?

I'm a descendant of Robert the Bruce, and a family who had slumber parties with George Washington when they were boys. Marlon Brando was also my third cousin twice removed. But I think being a distant relation to Bono would take the cake, hee hee. Tell me about your family! I bet everyone's related to at least one famous person, cause celebrities have families too and stuff... and, like, relatives... :p

Last edited:
My great grandfather, Satyendra Prasanna Sinha, was the only Indian to be knighted by the British Empire. He was one of the signatories for the Treaty of Versaille.

He was the first Indian to become the Advocate-General of Bengal (1905) and also the first Indian to enter the Governor General's Executive Council (1909). Although an active member of the Indian National Congress from 1896 to 1919, he joined a rebellion of moderates who abandoned the organisation.

He proposed before the Calcutta session of the Congress in 1896 that no ruler of any Indian State should be deposed without an open judicial trial. Elected to preside over the Bombay session of the Congress in 1915, he found himself four years later raised to the peerage as Baron Sinha of Raipur. He was then put in charge of navigating the Government of India Bill (1919) through the House of Lords. Lavished with many honours, he received a knighthood in 1914.

Lord Sinha Road in Calcutta is named after my family.

My father, the 5th Lord Sinha, died in 1999. My eldest brother Arup Kumar Sinha can take the title as it is rightfully his, whereas my other brother, my sister and myself are 'The Honourable'.

None of us give a shit to be honest. My mum is entitled to call herself the Lady Dowager Sinha if she wants. She doesn't want anything to do with it and nor do I.

My great grandad was a good man but my father was a useless alcoholic who squandered all the family money on alcohol, fags and various other nonsense.

We do have one amusing story: my gran (who was also The Honourable), sat in the Peers' Daughters section of the House of Lords. She was brought out to meet Prince Phillip, who chatted her up! He said to her, "what do you do. Are you a little teacher?" She explained that she had 2 children and had set up her own school. He looked at her in horror and said "Bloody hell, they sold you off young, didn't they!" :laugh: He was an idot back then too!

She set up her own school with the help and encouragement of her father. Her school has been one of the most prominent in West Bengal for 50 years. Salman Rushdie was among her pupils.

As far as I'm concerned it means sweet bugger all, a title means nothing. It really makes me laugh when the press go on about Lord and Lady Muck and The Honourable Little Sod, this ine, that one, the other one.

I also get very, very annoyed when people bang on about rich spoiled aristocrats and make stupid assumptions. Well - I was born into the aristocracy: I was living in a hostel at 17, while working at McDonald. So.

Sorry about the rant!!!

My friend Bill is related to the guy that set up the IRA. :huh: He's also related to Thomas Hardy.

Last edited:
I honestly have no idea what famous people I'm related to, if any :(. My parents' families have so many branches to them, some of which they do not know of, because each of their families had people in them that didn't get along and refused to talk to each other, so since they didn't like each other, they never bothered to give my parents much in the way of information on their family histories, which therefore makes my attempt to search my family history very hard-my parents try and help me the best they can, but we don't get very far. So yeah, as of now, my knowledge of my family history is not very big, which sucks, 'cause I'd love to delve deeper into that stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to dig further into my ancestry someday.

I know that my ancestry is mostly German, with some French and Irish mixed in as well...my mom's also made the joke before about the possiblity that since we have Irish ancestry, maybe I'm of some relation to Bono, too :p. I gotta say, if that were indeed true, that'd be rather bizarre (and kinda weird, as it'd mean I'd had a crush on a relative of mine, LOL).

I remember knowing a girl online once who says she's a descendant of Edgar Allen Poe. That's the only famous person relation that comes to mind for me.

Edit: how would this be for freaky-suppose someone on here was searching their family history and discovered they were related to someone else on these boards? That'd be weird, huh? But it'd be pretty cool, too :).

Angela

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:
I honestly have no idea what famous people I'm related to, if any :(. My parents' families have so many branches to them, some of which they do not know of, because each of their families had people in them that didn't get along and refused to talk to each other, so since they didn't like each other, they never bothered to give my parents much in the way of information on their family histories, which therefore makes my attempt to search my family history very hard-my parents try and help me the best they can, but we don't get very far. So yeah, as of now, my knowledge of my family history is not very big, which sucks, 'cause I'd love to delve deeper into that stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to dig further into my ancestry someday.

I know that my ancestry is mostly German, with some French and Irish mixed in as well...my mom's also made the joke before about the possiblity that since we have Irish ancestry, maybe I'm of some relation to Bono, too :p. I gotta say, if that were indeed true, that'd be rather bizarre (and kinda weird, as it'd mean I'd had a crush on a relative of mine, LOL).

I remember knowing a girl online once who says she's a descendant of Edgar Allen Poe. That's the only famous person relation that comes to mind for me.

Edit: how would this be for freaky-suppose someone on here was searching their family history and discovered they were related to someone else on these boards? That'd be weird, huh? But it'd be pretty cool, too :).

Angela

That WOULD be freaky. Being related to Poe would be freaky too. Though being related to Bono would change very little about my rather amourous feelings for him, muahaha. "Hi Bono! I'm a distant niece and I think you're sexy!" He'd be all "Back away slowly..."

I like to say I'm related to Leif Ericsson. In reality, though, I haven't a clue.

That's it for me, I think.
There's a river in New York that is named after one of my ancestors.

im apparantley distantly relasted to the irish boxer eamon magee. But the coolest famous link I have is that my great grandad used 2 cut the beatles's hair, and his is the barber shop on penny lane. the 1 featured in the song!!

Back
Top Bottom