NRJ pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nurse chrissi

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
52047878.jpg

Oh this was intresting.
from @u2.com

ON THIS DATE...
January 22, 2000: Bono gets Man of the Year at NRJ Awards

Bono receives the "Man of the Year" award at the NRJ Awards in Cannes, France for his work on behalf of Jubilee 2000. He attends the festivities with his wife, Ali, and 5-month-old son Eli.

Bono et sa bande devaient filer à l'irlandaise ce soir après la cérémonie. Finalement ils ont décider de rester à Cannes! Et comme tous les palaces de la Croisette sont pleins, plusieurs representants de la maison de disques ont du plier bagage pour un hôtel...un tantinet moins prestigieux, et donc laisser les stars s'installer à leur place. Quel dur métier!

I can't read french:scream: :grumpy: :crazy:
help

edited to add the google translation - didn't really help me much
Bono and its band were to slip by at Irish the this evening after the ceremony. Finally they have to decide to remain in Cannes! And as all the de luxe hotels of the Small cross are full, several representants of the house of discs has to leave for a hotel... a less prestigious tantinet, and thus to let the stars settle in their place. What a hard trade!

Last edited:
Veeeeeeery lose translation

Hmm Bono and the boys were supposed to return to Ireland after the show. They had decided to stay in cannes instead. Since all the fancy hotels in the coast are full, some of the record company reps had to pack their bags and move to a hotel a bit less glamorous so the boys could have their rooms... What a job!

Again, very losely translated... :wink:

Last edited:
Bono's looking very Gallic in those pics, especially with that striped turtle neck. I think the little cheroot is meant to add to that impression. I love it!

Last edited:
I was telling Neutral that! Very cartoonish french, wonder if he did it on purpose... add a Baguette under his arm and a beret (lil french hat) et voila!

Last edited:
i thought that was super hot too... I know, smoking bad, I know. I dont smoke, but there is just something so sexy... :drool:

Oh I think the whole thing is on purpose - but at first I couldn't get past mock turtleneck on Bono:yikes: I'm just a little upset for the lack of beret:wink:

Well, I de-wartermarked this one earlier for inclusion in my files... Here you go...

1fcxmf

just saw this write up on u2achtung.com.
can anyone translate??

23h10 : En fin de soirée U2 a été à l'honneur et Bono est venu faire un discours en français qu'il a terminé en remerciant specialement The Edge. Il a également annoncé le concert du Stade de France pour le 9 juillet 2005 et le concert de Nice pour le 9 aoûut 2005.

Back
Top Bottom