NRJ pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Bee said:
Great job, Miro! :up:

I'll start posting these as I complete them.

getty010cp.jpg

I have no idea what happened to Bono's nostril in this one. :huh: Maybe rivergoat can fix that area.

:drool: :bow:

Thanks for all the pics! :up:

alright, i know the outfit is different. but the dark shades, the cigarette, blowing the smoke out.....i'm really get a "The Fly" vibe from these pics......and i like it.......whatta badass rockstar

caragriff said:
just saw this write up on u2achtung.com.
can anyone translate??

23h10 : En fin de soirée U2 a été à l'honneur et Bono est venu faire un discours en français qu'il a terminé en remerciant specialement The Edge. Il a également annoncé le concert du Stade de France pour le 9 juillet 2005 et le concert de Nice pour le 9 aoûut 2005.

11:10pm: At the end of the night, U2 was honored and Bono came up and did a speech in French which he finished by giving special thanks to The Edge. He also announced the concert at the Stade de France on July 9th 2005 and in Nice on August 9th 2005

oceane said:

11:10pm: At the end of the night, U2 was honored and Bono came up and did a speech in French which he finished by giving special thanks to The Edge. He also announced the concert at the Stade de France on July 9th 2005 and in Nice on August 9th 2005

Thanks for the translation.

I wonder what he exactly thanked Edge for. :hmm:

Tonight U2 has received a special NRJ music award for their career (NRJ is one of the biggest rock radios in France).

They showed on screen all the hits U2 have had in France since their beginning in France (Gloria) to Vertigo.

Bono was the only one to climb on stage to receive the award. As he came from behind, i can't tell you if someone else from U2 was in the ranks.

He was behaving like a monkey to climb the few stairs before : he was bent forward, as if his arms were naturally touching the floor as he walked, just like an ape (too funny !)

Then he said a few words in french (he can speak french well enough to understand him without any difficulty, but he was reading his words).

He said he comes to France as often as he can on the south coast, to dive in the big blue, because it's healthy. And he loves to go there to relax. He also said he loves the french wines...

He thanked all their fans for giving them the life they have had until now.

Ironically he said such a life is very hard !

He also thanked Adam, Larry and especially The Edge, The Edge, The Edge (3 times) tonight, he said sadly.

And then he left.

It was really too short... But it was so good to see. Well, we can count on one hand the times we have seen U2 on the french tv !

It was Naomi Campbell who introduced Bono for that special award. She said she's been knowing U2 for quite 10 years now, and she feels like a member of their familly...

Well that's all i have heard, but i haven't taken notice of the french concert to come. So bad...

BigCat

Congrats, Bono! You and u2 deserve it!
Best shades in a while! Just love them!

Last edited:
A couple more:

r3442347748.jpg

U2 lead singer Bono (R) holds up his music award as British supermodel Naomi Campbell looks on during the NRJ music awards in Cannes January 22, 2005. Bono received the award for his career at the NRJ music awards, which launches the start of the 38th MIDEM (International record music publishing and video music market), a five-day gathering of nearly 9,000 music professionals.

capt.xcan10501230101.france_nrj_awards_xcan105.jpg

U2 lead singer Bono reacts during the NRJ music awards ceremony in Cannes, southern France, Saturday, Jan. 22, 2005. Bono received an award for his career achievements, as the ceremony launched the opening of the 39th Midem (International Record, Music Publishing and Video Music Market).

Back
Top Bottom