nothing particulary important

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

izzybeth

The Fly
my happy place....Adam is there, for some reason..
I woke up this morning with a completely random thought, so I'll share.

Does The Edge sign his checks as The Edge?

izzy (who apparently has nothing better to do)

------------------
you are allowed to shoot me if my sig gets over five lines.
Perpetual Newbie in the ScottPhisto Society
"I invented cool. And you're on a boat with me." -Larry Mullen, Jr. (at Sellafield)
"Some artists become dull when they stop drinking or drugging, but Adam's not one of them. He's his old self. He loses none of his rubber-band-shooting,water-gun-squirting, public-disrobing spirit when he doesn't drink." - Bono

I don't know. I'll have to ask him the next time I see him.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

LMAO! What about Bono?

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97%compatible with Bono
"Perhaps Miss PLEBA herself"
~Gypsy~

"Bono...a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Ok PLEBA mission..

Find a check of either of theirs and post it here.

Ha! Somehow I get the impression that will never happen.

I think in the Flanagan book, he is shopping with Bono and he makes some remark about that? Can someone find that part? I DO remember Bono saying he signs he checks as P. Hewson though..

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

I have a question, that is not particularly important, but it's not check-related.

how do you pronounce PLEBA?

when you think (or say) the word...do you say PLEE-BA or PLEH-BA?

just wondering.

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
I think in the Flanagan book, he is shopping with Bono and he makes some remark about that? Can someone find that part? I DO remember Bono saying he signs he checks as P. Hewson though..

I thought he signed them with only his initials?

Originally posted by Foadie:
I thought he signed them with only his initials?

He said in the book that his credit cards all say P.H. on them. He didn't want to get Paul Hewson because then people in the stores would call him that, and he considers Bono to be his name!! Sorry I don't have the exact quote. I am at work, and my Copy of "the Bible" is at home!!

Another "nothing particularly important" thing I thought of today while driving:

What did they talk about while they were in the Lemon?

xtr-u2-lemon-ball.jpg

Originally posted by elizabeth:
Another "nothing particularly important" thing I thought of today while driving:

lmao!! I'll get no sleep tonite thinkin about that

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Proboablly Bono talked, and the rest of them just wished that he wouldn't
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by spinninghead77 (edited 01-04-2002).]

I think they all dared Adam to strip and come out of the Leman naked....

no WAIT. Adam made them all pay him $20 to keep his clothes on and NOT come out of the Lemon naked.

I'm sure that's what happened.

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

Proboablly Bono talked, and the rest of them just wished that he wouldn't
wink.gif
Lol Larry stood there and was COOL.

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

I think of it as PLEE-BA but Elvis says its PLEH-BA.

Which makes no sense because Edge is pronounced EHHHDGE not EEEEEDGE.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP

Well it is unknown what they actually talked about, BUT, it has been revealed that they were actually thinking....

Adam: *This is great! The only thing that would make it better would have been if the rest of the band would have let me come out naked, ah they're just jealous and after all I wouldn't want to up stage the lemon!*

Edge: *Just because I built the lemon the rest of the band blames me when we get stuck in the bleedin' thing once, its hard being the scientist in the band*

Bono: *1st I wrote the song "Lemon" and now we have a huge mechanical lemon, I wonder if we're taking this lemon thing a bit too far...nah, we're rock stars! And like I always say "when life gives you lemons just have The Edge build you a huge lemon and take it on tour, forget the lemonade!"... Yeah! I'm a rock star...*

Larry: *I invented cool... and you're in a lemon with me!*

biggrin.gif

------------------
' I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name. . .'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

[This message has been edited by U2002revolution! (edited 01-04-2002).]

well, I'll always say PLEE-bah because we're continually PLEA-ing with the guys to come play with us, romp on us, call us, take us away, elevate us, etc. etc.
wink.gif

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
I think of it as PLEE-BA but Elvis says its PLEH-BA. Which makes no sense because Edge is pronounced EHHHDGE not EEEEEDGE.

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
I think of it as PLEE-BA

same here!

------------------
' I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name. . .'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
He said in the book that his credit cards all say P.H. on them. He didn't want to get Paul Hewson because then people in the stores would call him that, and he considers Bono to be his name!! Sorry I don't have the exact quote. I am at work, and my Copy of "the Bible" is at home!!

I know that sales people are trying to be friendly, but I hate it when they call me by my first name when I use a credit card or check. It's not like they even know me.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
I know that sales people are trying to be friendly, but I hate it when they call me by my first name when I use a credit card or check. It's not like they even know me.

And If I was serving Bono I don't think that I would have the nerve to say anything to him, let alone call him Paul. I am sure that if I meet him then I will just freeze up.

I used to work at Blockbuster Video, and we HAD to call all the customers by their first name. I hated it.

Hmm, what did they talk about when they got stuck in the lemon,

Bono: "You've got yourself stuck in a lemon, and you can't get out of it...Hey! I should write that down for the next album...

Adam: "Help...I'm trapped in a lemon, how did I get trapped in a lemon" (Remember that part in the first Austin Powers he and Vanessa were on the bed in Vegas, and Vanessa says, "Austin, that's you in a nutshell..." and Austin goes into that big tangent)

Edge: *Does impression of mime trapped in a box, or well, lemon*

Larry: Stupid band, I told them all we should have just had a heart shaped stage, it would have made MY life easier...and less money spent.

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

[This message has been edited by DML (edited 01-07-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom