-not sure Where to post this but...-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JemEvans

War Child
Hello, Hello. I'm @ a place called Vertigo...-devi
*looks around, finding a mic laying on the floor and picking it up*

testing....testing....unos, dos, tres, catorce -hehe couldn't help that one-

*clears throat* Um. hi.
For those of you who don't know me, my name is Jem and it's been a rather long while since I've wandered into the forum so I just wanted to pass along a hello.

*puts on her phisto horns*
Greetings and Salutations one and all. I've been away but now I'm back and plan on posting if all goes well a lil story that's in the workings at the moment. If there is any left who remember lil 'ol me I raise my martini glass up and blow you a kiss. For those who don't know me...well you'll just have to find out who I am.

I know this is the place for stories to be posted and I give you my word that I shall do such as soon as i have enough written down to give you a sampling of what's going through my mind.

Take care all and I shall return when I'm needed.

*puts the mic down and leaves*

-okay. if this gets moved i'm sure it'll be to the main page but that's alright. Like i said. it's been a LONG time since I even came onto the site that didn't require my checking my email-

*laughs*
now now Diane...you're going to give me an ego.
my macphisto side would purr in delight at such a compliment

Just so you know...I shall be working tonite at getting the story written out. least the beginning and I need to keep it 'clean' with the new rules.

Yay, a new story! Clean? *lip quivers* Maybe you can email those who ask, the "extended" scenes?
:heart:

:wink: I wouldn't mind eather having the extended scenes...but on who your story will be on?...I really love Bono, but I don't mind if it's not him!!! 'Maybe it's Edge...:cute:

And the star is....

cathou_u2... if you knew me that nice question wouldn't be needed. My stories center around the sexy welsh guitarist *giggles* But I will try and put all the members into my story once I get a good beginning

*the band all begin to worry, knowing how Jem is like when she writes stories*

lol cath... Relax. I was just kidding around.

When I used to come in here 'religiously' everyone knew me for how big of a fan I was of Mr. Edge ^_^ I'd be the one who people would come to when they had an Edge question.

It's ok

oh and for those who are wondering...i should be posting later today the beginnings of this story I keep talking about ^_^

a lil taste...of my story

i know i know...it's taking me forever to post anything on this story i keep talking about. How dare the rest of life interupt my thinking of this story....well at least i can post Something.

So here's a lil taste of the story. Staring The Edge and moi.
It takes place during pop mart and edge isn't with morleigh ok. this is my story and he's a bachlor so :p
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rain outside came pouring down as hard as the skies would allow for one afternoon, with the strong winds blowing the water in every direction it felt like and the continuous lightning bolts crashing in mid-air the weather didn’t look fit for man nor beast to be wandering outside in. Inside was a different story all together. Especially one cozy home in particular which was residence to Ireland’s most famous bachelor and talented guitar rock star, The Edge. Normally his home would be filled with the various screams and rants of his three daughters but this was the week where his ex had her time to be with them, leaving the father to be on his own and with absolutely nothing to do since he was on vacation. There was no tour to deal with, no album to think about finding the right music for, nor was there any interviews to do. For once in a long time all there was to do was to be himself which could be rather dull when he was so used to being a rock star. Edge figured if he was going to be all on his own and couldn’t go out due to the storm then he might as well find at least something to keep his mind busy with. Glancing over at his computer which sat on top of his freshly polished old oak desk, he decided that maybe his cure for being bored would be found online. The room itself where he kept his computer was rather small compared to the other rooms in his house but he enjoyed the coziness of it whenever he felt the need to be on his own and try to do some serious thinking. Then again, any serious thinking was usually done after he played a few hands of solitaire and checked on his favorite Star Trek website. He reluctantly got up from his couch that overlooked the large window to the front of his house and slowly made his way over to where his computer was as usual waiting for its owner to start up.

Outside the weather was becoming worse by the moment and soon had its only foolish victim to be out in such a storm. One lone and rather small looking beatle car was slowly making its way down the street and trying all it could muster to stay running for the occupant inside. The gears groaned in protest at being forced to shift more quickly so it would keep pace with the engine that was being pushed to the limit while the driver quietly prayed for it not to die. Sadly the prays fell unto deaf ears as the car came to a slow stop and gave a small pitiful spurt of the engine before finally dying out in the middle of the street. The driver knew screaming curses and smacking the steering wheel as hard as possible without causing injury to themselves was useless, although the effort did ease some of the tension. Rummaging through the glove compartment and then reaching over to the back seats, a cell phone was eventually found but the discovery that there wasn’t even a blasted signal only seemed to make things worse for the cars’ driver. Their last resort would have to force them out of the car and hope against everything that someone was at home and would take pity for such a poor soul who was now stranded with no way of calling for any personal help. The house that the car had stopped just after passing looked nice enough and taking a moment to calm down from the horrible mood that threatened to come out and completely ruin the rest of the day, they made a quick dash for the front door to knock on. It wasn’t an easy task with the pavement being slippery and their shoes not made for such wet conditions, plus the few near falls made just getting to the door a bit of a dangerous task.

Edge didn’t get much of a chance to allow his computer to help ease his boredom when the storm outside became a greater annoyance and picked to knock out the power, not only in his house but the entire neighborhood block. At that moment he wished there was a way that a person could still stay connected to the internet even during a power out but was thankful all his music files and studio notes had been saved on discs. A sudden knock on his door took his attention away from the problem of having no power in his house and making him curious to wonder who in the world would be out in something like this storm. Getting up to go answer the door, he had no idea how his whole afternoon would change with just the simple act of opening his front door. Edge openly stared in complete shock as he saw a shivering and drenched young looking woman huddled at the door, trying her best to push away at her wet hair that had fallen around her face. It was obvious that the poor thing hadn’t been properly prepared for the sudden weather change by her clothes which consisted of a pair of platform sandals, faded black jeans, a black shirt with the rock group The Doors on it and light blue tinted shades. It wasn’t until she spoke in a small trembling voice that he realized he’d been staring the whole time without uttering a single word.

“Sorry to bother you...but my car just died and I need to ring a friend up to come get me. Would it be alright if I borrowed your phone?” She looked up at him innocently, mostly because he was several inches taller than she, and gave a him a sad little smile.

‘Um. Of course you can. Look at you...you’re drenched to the bone from this weather. Come in, come in. I’ll fetch you a towel while you make your call’ Edge stepped back into his house and quickly began going to get a towel from out of the dryer and setting about in making some hot cocoa for the girl, not thinking that using his phone would be a waste of time. A short moment later he came back with towel and cup in hand, sweetly smiling at her.

‘I hope with this storm you somehow managed to convince a friend to travel out in it for you’ He noticed she didn’t seem too happy when he mentioned any friend coming to get her and wondered if none of them were willing to help and were just going to let her sit in her car until the storm cleared. When she shook her head, he couldn’t help but feel even more sorry for her that she now seemed to be stranded and far from home.

“I think the storm shut the power down...the line’s just like that pathetic machine out in the street. Dead” She actually smiled when she saw the mans’ realization of being aware that there was no power before blushing. It wasn’t like her to smile when she’d see some man blush but the way this one did, his eyes quickly darting to the side as his head bowed down to try and hide the redness in his cheeks was all too cute.

‘I can’t believe I forgot about the storm. I think it took out all the power in the neighborhood and I’d offer you my mobile to use but it hasn’t been charged today. Guess I’m of no use for you...sorry.’ He was actually blushing even more than before and couldn’t believe how forgetful he still could be while off from touring on the simple things. Looking up a bit shyly at her, Edge noticed that a small puddle of water had formed where she was standing from coming out of the rain. The girl was trembling more with her wet clothes clinging against her body which he could now see more clearly was not that of a young lady but a full grown woman. Swallowing to clear his throat, Edge walked over to her and offered up the towel and hot cocoa while remembering to give her enough room so she didn’t feel like he was invading any personal space.

‘You’re welcomed to stay here until the storm clears and if you’d like I’m sure I could find you a cotton robe to put on while you use the dryer for your clothes. You must be freezing by now in them. Oh by the way. My name’s Dave...what’s yours?’ He held his hand out and gently took
hers after she extended her own hand to shake.

“My name’s Jem and it’s very nice to meet you Dave. Thanks for letting me find shelter in your place and for offering to help with my currant condition...I am trying not to get hypothermia right about now” Jem smiled and looking up into his eyes began to suddenly feel a bit warmer than she was when inside the car driving in the rain. She hoped that the blush wasn’t contagious to spread onto her face as she pulled away from him to down the cup, still in her free hand.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok. if it's good i'll keep going. let me know... yeah i know it's short but i just wanted to give u all a bit of a taste.

and so we continue

Since I got such lovely praise for my lil story...I'll post a bit more of it. Tomorrow...or today since it's like 1.17am here so LATER today i'll try to write some more to post on monday. you'll have to excuse me if it takes a while. Dealing w/a rather nasty stomach bug.
Now...from where we left off. I believe the female star of the story had just met the sexy welsher Reg. hmm make them best friends or hint at something else... wonder what'll happen.
----------------------------------------------

‘You just try and dry up as much as you can with that towel while I go get you a robe. The door to the dryer is passed the kitchen over to your right. There’s steps that lead downstairs and a light fixture on the left side of the wall so you can see your way going down.’ Edge quickly went upstairs to search for a robe and dismissed snatching up one that belonged to his girls since they’d be much too small for her. Instead he popped into his bedroom to grab the new one he’d recently bought for her to use.

Downstairs, Jem was using the towel she had to dry her hair as best she could as well as any part of herself that didn’t have soaked clothing clinging on and casually looking around the house when she spotted a picture of Dave with three beautiful little girls. She walked closer to inspect the photo out of curiosity and read the inscription that read ‘Evans Family Day’. Her mind then registered the fact that he was probably married which meant his wife was either somewhere in the house or trying to carefully drive home with their children. Finding a female in her house, dripping wet and using her towel to try and dry off might not look good and cause some tension which was the last thing she wanted to be the reasoning behind. Quickly folding the towel, she waited for Dave to come back downstairs so she could properly thank him and excuse herself from his home. If she thought about it, it wasn’t raining that bad outside and she just might be able to find a way to restart her car. She didn’t even notice when he came back downstairs with a robe while looking at more pictures around the living room.

‘That one was taken last week when my girls stayed with me and we all went to the museum upon the request of my oldest...she’s the one standing in the front.’ Edge hadn’t meant to surprise his guest when he walked up behind her but he simply figured she had heard him walk into the room again. He couldn’t stop himself from smiling a bit when she jumped and almost stumbled backwards into his arms. ‘Oh I’m sorry. Didn’t mean to just sneak up on you like that Jem’

Jem’s mouth spoke before her brain had the chance to reason out if what she was going to say would even be considered proper when she turned around, sweetly smiling at Edge. “Your girls are simply beautiful. I’m sure you and your wife are proud of them if they enjoy things like the museum at such a young age.” When she saw the slight hurt expression that passed through Edge’s eyes, she mentally smacked herself for the comment. She hadn’t seen any pictures of the mother so she didn’t know if she could have passed away or even if she had left the marriage although that wasn’t the best excuse she could come up with for speaking before thinking again.

‘Actually. She and I are divorced...I had a good enough lawyer to allow me joint custody so they can come and stay with me for as long as they want’ Edge knew that she wouldn’t have any idea about his past relationship but he couldn’t help feel the sore spot whenever his ex-wife came into the conversation. It really hadn’t been that long since him and his wife had gone their separate ways but she had been with him since highschool so when they finally were married he had planned on spending the rest of his life with her. What hurt most was her accusing him of infidelity and how his being a musician was the cause of their marriage ending since he was never home anymore to help raise their daughters because he was too busy showing off for other women on stage.

“Oh I’m so sorry to hear that. I shouldn’t have said anything to begin with... I mean. I shouldn’t have made a comment like that when I don’t know anything about your personal life... which you have every right to keep personal. You can stop me any time here Dave” Jem knew she was blushing for real this time and felt like a complete idiot for rambling on like she did. She normally didn’t mind sounding like a loon when it came to talking to people, in fact she was proud of not being seen as normal and loved watching other’s reactions at meeting her. Just this one time she quickly wished for some reason she could sound normal without saying anything stupid or strange.

Edge actually laughed. He couldn’t help it but he thought it was really funny to have someone become so flustered around him when she probably had no clue about his famous celebrity status. Truth be told, looking at her, she simply didn’t seem like the type to be one of the usual fans that would instantly recognize him and beg for his autograph or to be a resident of Dublin. She seemed more like a tourist with her nice light tan and medium length dark brown hair but she did have amazing dark emerald eyes that almost seemed to change in tone with her emotions. By the pick of shirt to wear, he guessed also that her style of music was more influenced by her parents and their own enjoyment of sixties music. He wondered how long she was staying on holiday and if she hadn’t already gotten a tour of Dublin with her friends that were probably by now very worried about her being gone so long in a strange country. What he failed to notice was the soft hint of a cork accent whenever she’d pronounce certain words or used phrases that normally wouldn’t be used in the states.

‘No, no. You’re doing rather well for yourself considering that we just met and you’ve yet to dry off from braving such a storm. Here...take this robe and head downstairs to use the dryer before you end up ill. I’ll sit up here and wait for you to get back. Might as well have a chat while waiting for the rain to move on else where... shouldn’t be long, seeing how summer weather is always like this.’ He sat back down on the couch by the large window and took a peek outside to see how far along the storm was going. Edge used to love watching rain showers like this back when he was still married. He and his wife would sit snuggled on the couch and comfort their little girls who’d always manage to find their parents and hide under a blanket for safety. His youngest daughter Blue would cling to him and he’d softly sing a song to sooth her fears and by the time he was done, the storm would be traveling to another place. It had nearly become a tradition whenever he was home and away from being a rock star, back then things were still really happy in his life. He missed those days but still thought himself blessed to have such caring friends like his band mates to keep an eye on him and he still could be with his daughters.

Back
Top Bottom