NON-POPtart, want me to help you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I do not want to bash people for posting in Pop threads. I only want to say that if your opinions must be respected than dammit so must mine without flames. I also want to know why it is okay to bash other things like MacPhisto, mullets, dancing and the Day and Night video but it is such a crime to make fun of Pop. I do not care who likes it or who posts stupid, ugly, goofy, flashy, clashy, trashy looking pics in it, I only want the double standard to be elimiated. If someone can come into a mullet thread and say how much they hate mullets why is it not okay for me to say how much I hate Pop? I know I am alone in this, no, I am NOT the only one who hates Pop but I am the only person who has the guts to say it here. The rest are too afraid of being flamed, unfortunately.

I really don't know why anyone would think I want to bash them for what they like! It's only the double standard thing that gets me. If you have a right to like or dislike something and post about it I should too without flames.

You needn't do anything to annoy me. I got myself a ticket and must go to traffic court-right now- so I will not be here to see what you are doing to piss me off, so find some other means of entertainment.

Originally posted by NON-POPtart:
I will not be here to see what you are doing to piss me off, so find some other means of entertainment.

OK!

As I see it, we don't "attack" each other with different opinions. But that's just me. You ake it too seriously and you think that evryone is against you. It's not like that!

Hey you know what, it happens on BOTH sides. NEITHER is right - what I mean by both sides is pl posting anti- mullets or anti-pop.

SO everyone quit fucking bitching out an era IN THAT THREAD!! YOU KNOW they don't want to hear it!

why don't we start a "let's bitch about an era" thread. that way everyone who wants to complain can GO THERE and complain, b/c quite frankly I'm SOOOO sick of hearing about this, and I know i'm not the only one EITHER. To be honest, I've stopped looking at the pictures thread b/c of this INTENSE competition and bullshit that has developed out of it.

Like Sparky's Girl said in her pop thread- there's MORE to this band than their haircuts!

Geesh, I don't even really want to get involved in any of this-it's so ridiculous. But I do feel the need to say a few things.

Martha has a great SENSE OF HUMOR-that's why she started those threads. She was NOT taking any 'swipes' at Bono-from my observations, she worships and adores him.
smile.gif

Oh my-I said Mac Phisto 'kinda scares me'!! If Bono ever found out, he'd hate me for sure
rolleyes.gif
. You know what-I LOVE MACPHISTO-and POP BONO, and everything else, cause I LOVE Bono's creativity and his willingness to constantly take 'risks' and push the envelope. And I also adore his self-deprecating sense of humor.I take them seriously as musicians and human beings-not any particular 'look' they may choose to have.

I don't give a **** if he wears a french braid, braids a la Pippi Longstocking, a mohawk, or a bouffant. I care about what his music has brought to my life-same for the OTHER THREE MEN in this band. I care about what he, and the other three, are doing to bring important issues to the forefront.Of course, I do admire the looks of ALL FOUR.

If you don't like a certain 'look', just don't open the thread. Maria is a wonderful person around here, and there's no reason that had to happen in her thread. Ditto for Olive-the same thing was done to her thread.

That's IT-I have NO intention of getting in any arguments about this stuff.

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 01-14-2002).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom