No One's Around Here Today, So I'll Start A Lame Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Well, maybe they're not the best judges-but who does your Mom think is the hottest one?

Mine thinks Edge, but I know she thinks Bono is hot too. And, of course, she thinks Larry is quite handsome.

and...

*ducks the pelted eggs and tomatoes of the RSOC*

she thinks Adam is 'kinda gross'. But she's 'older', so please forgive her!

My mother finds Edge to be extremely sexy. She says Edge is the only reason she puts up with my on going obsession with this band. I guess, thank goodness for Edge.

------------------
Bono is the Sweetest Thing!!

I Love This Band!

I'm not really sure. But my aunt (mom's sister) has the hots for Bono.

------------------
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Originally posted by BonosSweetestThing:
My mother finds Edge to be extremely sexy. She says Edge is the only reason she puts up with my on going obsession with this band. I guess, thank goodness for Edge.

WOW-your Mom has great taste! Some women just don't see the incredible sexiness of that man-but I sure do!!!

I tried to get my mom excited about them when telling her I was still thinking about going to see them in NY, and I showed her Mysterious Ways pics of Bono and Larry. Showing her Bono she says "I really don't want to see these" (she has previously said "You LIKE him? He's so OLD" even though she's older than him!) and so I said, if anyone can save the day, it's Lawrence. So I showed her Larry's pic and she says "Cute? I think he's *crass* looking"

confused.gif

I give up!
eyes.gif

------------------
Because Love is big
And Love is tough
But Love is not what you're thinking of

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
(she has previously said "You LIKE him? He's so OLD" even though she's older than him!)

-----------------------
I give up too ! My mommy (mummy as I call her sometimes) says that the guys are too old for her to look at them and do "yummy!!!" And she's over 50!!! I guess she's more into r.martin type
eek!

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
I tried to get my mom excited about them when telling her I was still thinking about going to see them in NY, and I showed her Mysterious Ways pics of Bono and Larry. Showing her Bono she says "I really don't want to see these" (she has previously said "You LIKE him? He's so OLD" even though she's older than him!) and so I said, if anyone can save the day, it's Lawrence. So I showed her Larry's pic and she says "Cute? I think he's *crass* looking"

confused.gif

I give up!
eyes.gif

OMG Carrie-at least mine can see that Larry's gorgeous-and mine is older than yours w/out a doubt!!

But I think my Mom just automatically loves them cause they're Irish. She's even been to concerts w/me.

my parents had never heard of u2 (had heard them, but prob didnt know it was them) before i told them i was going to the concert (bout 2 or 3 days b4 the gig
biggrin.gif
)

*isnt the sharing-everything-at-home-type*

Well mine would think Bono. She likes his hair. And she liked him in the Band aid Video-way back in '84.
I am saddened to say she does not find Edge attractive and even more shocked to have to reveal she would probably not even be able to identify Larry and Adam if she walked past them in the street.

ARGH!!!

You see what I have to deal with!!

[This message has been edited by Macphisto_esq (edited 09-17-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Macphisto_esq (edited 09-17-2001).]

There is no hope for most of my family. My mum just shakes her head when I go on about U2. I think seeing Bono as Mr Mac put her off a bit.
biggrin.gif

My sister is even worse. She thinks Bono is old and wrinkly AND she listens to Britney
*shakes head*
Oh well at least my brother is cool. He's a U2 fan.
smile.gif

My mum is just under their age and thinks they are all ugly.I must get my good taste elsewhere.I don't believe she even thinks Bono is ugly,Edge and Larry too and as for Adam.She thinks he is the ugliest of them all.

My Mom is awesome! She thinks Larry is gorgeous. My brother even thinks Larry looks good for his age. We're a Larry kinda family!

my mother has no opinion, though i think larry is her type.

------------------
"I can't believe the news today,
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away.
How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? How long...
'cause tonight...we can be as one."

Love to all of you,
Emily

My mom likes Bono. She is impressed by his charisma and stage presence and also that he is a family man too. Plus, she's admitted that he's cute.
smile.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

I already shared this story before, but I was watching the elevation vid one day and my mom goes "Is that the Backstreet Boys or Nsync?" I gave her this *horrified* look and she was like "Well on the NEWS they said that's all the girls listen to!"

Then she was watching it more and Edge was there and she goes "Ooh who's THAT?"

*rolls over and dies* My mommy's in love with Edge.

"Does he think he's Elton John or something? I've never seen so many different pairs of glasses. Does his mother know he wears hats all the time?" ~My mom, on seeing pics of Bono~

*sigh*

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I know there are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll and all that, but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

**GOD BLESS AMERICA**

Heh,
My mommy think that Edge looks like richard gere, so I'll take that as she likes the edge. She thinks Larry looks "wayyyy too young, what kind of face cream does he use?", has never really said anything about Bono and thinks Adam looks like a farmer!
I was asking her in the car one day
"And whooooo is the lead singer?"
"Bono"
"And whoooo is the drummer?"
"Edge"
"And whooo is the bassist?"
*pause*
"Isn't it that guy who looks like a farmer?"
redface.gif

Lol. My little mommy is so cute!
, Bluey

------------------
"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEEEEE!" :)

Originally posted by blueeyes:
Heh,
My mommy think that Edge looks like richard gere, so I'll take that as she likes the edge. She thinks Larry looks "wayyyy too young, what kind of face cream does he use?", has never really said anything about Bono and thinks Adam looks like a farmer!
I was asking her in the car one day
"And whooooo is the lead singer?"
"Bono"
"And whoooo is the drummer?"
"Edge"
"And whooo is the bassist?"
*pause*
"Isn't it that guy who looks like a farmer?"
redface.gif

Lol. My little mommy is so cute!
, Bluey

lol bluey!!!!!

Other fun stories
1. I have a Bono shirt and my dad thinks he looks like Bob Dylan. Like a rolling lemon.

2. My sister in law went to elevation in June and told my bro (her husband) "if we had gotten further into the heart...." and he goes "ppl are crazy up there" and she said "But we could've touched Bono's hand!"

3. My 2-yr-old neice sings elevation and stuck for me on command
smile.gif

4. My OTHER brother thinks Bono is a creepy old man and thinks Larry is like 20 and he's somebody's younger brother that they let be in the band cause mom said so

5. my OTHER brother (yes #3 geez) loves U2. It's his fault I'm obsessed. *memories*

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I know there are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll and all that, but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

**GOD BLESS AMERICA**

I saw them in May with both my parents...we made a day of it! But my mummy and I are birds of a feather...we both love Bono, and think that he is absolutely gorgeous!

My mom has always said...,"the drummer is the cutest!" She likes Bono b/c of his stand on several issues, during the G8 summit in Turin, Bono was shown on a Spanish televison show, she really freaked me out, she phoned me...yelling," Bono is on TV, Bono is on TV,hurry before you miss it!!!!!"
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

She also likes Edgie (she thinks he should ditch the beanie!)
And well, she has been commenting on Adam since I was a preteen, I am 29 now, so I think she gave up a LONG time ago!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
You wanker, you interrupted my BOOMCHA!!!! - Maria

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

My parents are quite a bit older since I was a late in life surprise. However, after being forced to watch U2 videos for the past 14 years, my mom has the following to say:

Bono: has tremendous animal charisma but certainly not the best looking.

Larry: Has the James Dean/Pop culture look, probably the best looking.

Adam: He appeals to her the most, for looks, English gentleman demeanor and lack of religious affiliation.

Edge: Way too short! Kind of cuddly but certainly not attractive. Steve is way better looking.
confused.gif

My Dad on the other hand couldn't even name the band members. He thinks Bono looks "idiotic" in his sunglasses, and totally unfriendly/nasty. He doen't really have much else to say in the matter, although he has read some of my stories, and finds our fanaticism to be fascinating and entertaining. My mom is obsessed with her own idols from the ballet world, so she totally understands. She postponed her 70th Birthday weekend just so I could go to Vegas because "I TOTALLY understand!" Yeay, mom!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom