Newbie Adam/MySpace Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flossymay

The Fly
I'm not sure if I should post this here or not, so I'll give it a try.

I was wondering if anyone here frequents MySpace and have you added any "Adam" pages to your friends? I've added one that I kind think really is Adam, but maybe I'm a total idiot lol.

"Old" people generally don't have myspaces. They're for teens and college kids. It's a generational thing. I have one because somebody invited me, but I don't have anything on it but my cat's picture. Also, it's a sure bet that if someone is claiming to be a famous person, they're fake. Most really famous people don't make one in their real name, and if they did they'd mark it private! But there can be several bogus ones for each star out there. There's a whole bunch of people out there who think it's funny to make a myspace for a star but it's just some kid playing around.

Well, I confess that I'm probably WAY old to have a MySpace page, but got it to keep track of my teens. I was looking for U2 related pages and came across the one I posted about. Whomever the page belongs to is not claiming to be Adam. I honestly thought at first that the page was probably run by his sister or someone close to him. The reason I began to suspect it was Adam - or that at least he has access to it - was from the comments posted to the page, and the comments "he" posts on his friends pages.

I also started adding his top friends simply to see if they'd add me. Again, I feel like a silly teenager, but after reading some of the comments I was immensely curious. The top friends he has listed are "Susie," "Jordan," and "Morleigh" - all with private IDs. There was one guy from Dublin that did not have a private ID, and he added me as a friend. It turns out that it's Sebastian Clayton! Again, I am probably being duped by a bunch of kids - though Sebastian's page seems to be geniune.

out of curiosity I searched for him. Several obvious fake sites came up and then one that is private, with the address being myspace.com/adam_clayton. Is this the one you're talking about?

No. It's called adam clayton tribute, which is why I thought it was made by a fan. You just have to read through the comment section, and then through the comment section of his brother, etc. Again, could be kids playing around.

I have 3 different "Adams" friended. I'm 99.9999% sure they're all fake, just for fun. If any tell you any differently, I'd be very suspicious :yes:

There's a guy from Germany that is one of the friends on this Adam page and Sebastian's page. There several comments back and forth between them about this guy's recent visit to Dublin, and he appears to have pictures of himself and Adam. Again, they could most definitely be fake!

I was curious...I went on his myspace :wink: True there's Bono, Susie, Morleigh...freaky

flossymay said:
Well, I confess that I'm probably WAY old to have a MySpace page, but got it to keep track of my teens.

I am sorry Flossy I didn't notice you were old too, even older than me and I feel old around here :reject: I admit I also used my myspace page to check up on my teen's private world until she found out and made it private :grumpy: My husband was furious. It was actually a teacher who caused it, she told the kids in her class she was going to be 'watching your myspaces' and she ran home and made it private. She should have kept her trap shut :giggle: and just snuck around nosey. She was a bad spy!

I have heard that Bono's daughters both have facebooks but they are marked private. I really don't think the band members have any myspaces. Sorry to say you got duped but you'd be very surprised to find out just how far some people, not just kids, will go to fool people and goof around, even joining with others pretending to be the 'friends'. I have seen this personally soooo many times.

Then again rich folk have a lot of time on their hands :hmm:

I don't go to MySpace, so I can't say exactly what's going on there, but it's nothing new for fans to make fake pages/profiles for celebrities. There's a whole series of them on LiveJournal, and part of the realism of them, is to make more for family members, friends, and other celebrities that would be connected to them. The fact that all the friends have private profiles also makes sense: it adds to the mystery, but more importantly, with the profiles being private, it's less work for the creator(s) to keep those pages updated.

No matter how real they seem, they are likely a bunch of kids who have entirely way too much free time on their hands.

When I used to go to myspace, I'd seen a lot of this sort of thing for lots of bands. Some were tribute pages, some were people trying to fool others. It was rather pathetic really. The tributes are all fine and good as long as they have "I AM NOT THIS PERSON" or something to that extent in it. More often than not, they are claiming to be the said person. Really, really pathetic.

I wouldn't buy into it. At all. The chances of it actually being him are VERY, VERY, VERY SLIM. I wouldn't want to go all that time believing it was really him and find out it wasn't.

If that is fake then WHOA it is highly elaborate!
I'm talking about Helena's, Seb's, and Morleighs' pages too...although that doesn't sound like anything Morleigh would write. She went to UCLA and is a smart woman- whoever is writing those comments sound like they don't speak too well of English.

Hey!
About this page: I wrote once a message there, with question who does make this page :)
Some nice guy, called David (if I remember well) wrote back, that usually he makes all updates on this page. He wrote also that he stays in touch with Adam (I think the guy works in 'U2-business') and Adam can always take a look into this page but it makes no sense to write to him, because he doesn't spend much time by pc, writting anwers-mails to fans;)

This is what I know about this page.

absintheminded said:
If that is fake then WHOA it is highly elaborate!
I'm talking about Helena's, Seb's, and Morleighs' pages too...although that doesn't sound like anything Morleigh would write. She went to UCLA and is a smart woman- whoever is writing those comments sound like they don't speak too well of English.

I did notice the not speaking English too well thing also. I noticed on several of the "friends," but then again most of them are not from English-speaking countries. I got another "friend" to add me yesterday. She's apparently a fashion designer and friends of "Seba" and "Adam."

If it's a fake they are certainly good at it, if not, then Sebastian and his wife are expecting baby #3; oh, and they apparently already have two boys.

I don't think the boys would have the time or the interest to go on myspace and such... the girls all do, and I doubt that they would tell their dads how it works...

Anyone else notice that “Jordan” doesn’t really look like Jordan?

I actually thought it looked like it might be Ali because the person in the picture looks older.

Ali doesn't look like Jordan. Jordan has light brown hair, big blue eyes and resembles JT Bono. Eve looks more like Ali but she also has Bono's eyes and looks like her Dad too.

The picture in question doesn't show the person's face, they're looking down. I think it's more the attire that makes me think it's not a teenager.

That picture of "Jordan" seems familiar. Looks like off a thread here in Pleba and "Someone" said that it was Jordan and it was really a nanny or somewhat that was in France with the family years ago, it is NOT Ali or Jordan.

So someone took that photo of "Jordan" from Pleba and made a profile over it. Hmm. Caught you.

Sebastian Clayton is an odd one though, maybe it's a different person just saying his name is Sebastian? I have NO idea.

All I know that the members of U2 and their lady friends are NOT on myspace, Bebo, or anything else like that.

Well, I know that two of Edge's daughters have Myspaces that are legit. They are not on private (although they probably should be). I actually got them from another U2 site. I have been tempted to send them a message and let them know that people are checking out their info. I suppose it's not my place though. However, if it were my child, I would be concerned. Know what I mean?

Also, Eve has one that is on private.

As far as band members go, I very much doubt that any of the guys have time for a Myspace. Not to be stereotypical, but it tends to be a teenage/young adult thing.

Last edited:
There are fakes and there are real people...I know Ed Kowalczyk from LIVE has myspace, but I suppose you can never be sure. There are so many fake people that even if the boys really did sign up, no one would believe it was really them :shrug:

U2Kitten said:

I am sorry Flossy I didn't notice you were old too, even older than me and I feel old around here :reject: I admit I also used my myspace page to check up on my teen's private world until she found out and made it private :grumpy: My husband was furious. It was actually a teacher who caused it, she told the kids in her class she was going to be 'watching your myspaces' and she ran home and made it private. She should have kept her trap shut :giggle: and just snuck around nosey. She was a bad spy!

I have heard that Bono's daughters both have facebooks but they are marked private. I really don't think the band members have any myspaces. Sorry to say you got duped but you'd be very surprised to find out just how far some people, not just kids, will go to fool people and goof around, even joining with others pretending to be the 'friends'. I have seen this personally soooo many times.

Then again rich folk have a lot of time on their hands :hmm:

It's true about Bono's kids. I don't have myspace page but I did search once ... just for fun. Both Eve and Jordan have pages but they are marked PRIVATE so no photos can be viewed except the profile photo.

flossymay said:
The picture in question doesn't show the person's face, they're looking down. I think it's more the attire that makes me think it's not a teenager.

That picture that's on there now is new. First time I checked it, she had a different photo on there - it was a picture from a party, and it was CLEARLY Jordan in the picture. No doubt!

I have a Myspace page. I use it to showcase my writing until I can pay to have a professional site done. I also keep up with some of my out of state friends through my page.

You can't really pretend to be someone else on MySpace and get away with it for more than a day or so unless that person really doesn't care, so I think it is Jordan even if the only pic we can see doesn't look like her (to us). It's a dark pic and her face is down. It doesn't really not look like her, it looks like her hair color, body type, etc. The girls have had other pics up before that look like them, plus the pictures inside the profiles (and Bebo ones) are undoubtedly them.

It's good that you can set various security levels on profiles for these sites. It allows them to be normal without being stalked.

flossymay said:

If it's a fake they are certainly good at it, if not, then Sebastian and his wife are expecting baby #3; oh, and they apparently already have two boys.

Do you know it from this a fashion designer ???

I seen some adman fakes there and a Morleigh and jordan fake photo and whats real sick about it eve hewson this girl has photos posted of her trying to look like eve hewson its sick.
Also The fake eve hewson i was on her friends list she accepts anyone as soon i saw the photos I could tell how fake she was so i took myself of her friends list.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom