New version of Velvet Dress...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Have y'all heard it? I was always :| about the one on Pop, didn't really care much for it either way, but this new verision....holy :censored:! :drool:

I was listening to it at my house yesterday and I think my mother was quite disturbed.

Lies: *sits innocently on couch "reading" psych book*
Bonointhestereo: YOU.WEAR.THAT.VEL.VET.DRESS!!!!!!HUH!!!
Mom: *sets down coffee* :eyebrow:
Lies: :drunk:

I'll put it up here for downloading if you don't have it yet:

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/johnsampson/velvet.html

It should be forbidden to record such a :censored::drool: song without putting a warning sign on it! :drool:

this song = EEEEEEEEEXCELLENT :love:

i always thought velvet dress had great lyrics, but i hated it that it's so hard to hear the beginning...but this.................this is definately very....uh...sensual...:drool:

Hehe, I have this version on a CD I made recently-listened to it just last night.

I...LOVE...this...version! It screams sexy (and that new verse where he goes-"I've got the whole night/And then we're through"...um, yeah, hel-lo...). I like the way Bono sings the song, too, especially the way he sings "wear" toward the end of the song, when he carries out that note.

There is an incredibly awesome piano going in the background (who is playing that piano, anyway?).

My dad likes this song, too-he played it Saturday night and he said he could just picture a bar in New Jersey with a private eye coming in and all that...you know, the whole smokey bar thing and all? :yes:. Yep.

Angela

I've come back to say that this song has been on repeat ALL afternoon :love:

I'm thinking that might be one of Bono's finest vocal performances of the past couple of years, the man can sing like no other :drool:

This song definitely works as a jazz piece....dear lord, it works! lol

I think I need to listen to this on headphones.... :drool:

Edit to say: If you have a weak heart, be careful of listening to this on headphones! Bono growling in your ear.... :love:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom