New Tour? New Waistline for Bono - or just journo's don't have a clue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anji

New Yorker
BONO'S summer of fun is about to end. The U2 frontman - who's been entertaining pals like Robert De Niro, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and Queen Rania of Jordan on his yacht in Eze, France - has been told to hit the gym. "U2 has an album coming out around January," a music-industry insider said. "And then the band is going on another world tour in March and April - so the boys have been told to start exercising all the summer weight off." A rep for the group didn't return e-mails.

Don't know if this is :doh: or :hmm:

Get your hands off Bono's "love handles" :madwife::drool:

From here FIGHT THAT FLAB- New York Post

An album in January? :eyebrow:

If you believe that stupid NewYork Post story,you have only yourself to blame.That paper(tabloid trash) is owned by Rupert Murdoch...need I say more..it is always full of inaccuracies,that story alone has multiple inaccuracies.....the new album will be out in November,not January.....the yacht is not owned by Bono..he leased it.....except for Bono who already got mostly back in shape...none of the other members of U2 has a weight problem...they're all skinny and they would not be given any kind of "edict" about stupid stuff like that by their record company.:down:

Album in January?! :hyper:
I wonder if it's the actual U2 album if this counts as the "Passengers"-project Steve Averill was going on about?:hmm:

I don't really believe it but wouldn't it be nice?:drool:

The NYP is one of the WORST tabloid trash newspapers out there. They print so much garbage, it's ridiculous.

btw:
:drool: Bono hitting the gym ... must be great to be his personal trainer.

It's funny that each year there's a tour/performance or anything big by U2, mean stories about Bono's weight resurface. :rolleyes: Come on people, find something new to moan and whine about!

BONO'S summer of fun is about to end. The U2 frontman - who's been entertaining pals like Robert De Niro, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and Queen Rania of Jordan on his yacht in Eze, France - has been told to hit the gym. "U2 has an album coming out around January," a music-industry insider said. "And then the band is going on another world tour in March and April - so the boys have been told to start exercising all the summer weight off." A rep for the group didn't return e-mails.

Don't know if this is :doh: or :hmm:

Get your hands off Bono's "love handles" :madwife::drool:

From here FIGHT THAT FLAB- New York Post

Let me tell you being from the state of New York, the post is just another gossip, rag paper.

It's funny that each year there's a tour/performance or anything big by U2, mean stories about Bono's weight resurface. :rolleyes: Come on people, find something new to moan and whine about!

Seriously. I don't really think he's hot *ducks* but I think it's pretty cool that he's not your typical rock star front man. AND he's Irish and gonna be built a certain way no matter what he does exercise wise. As long as he can still run 'round the stage and then sing Streets, I'm happy!

Silly Article On bono and saying he needs to lose weight he looks fine to me.
Also A insult to the boys Telling them to get fit. They look fit to me.

Bono needs to lose a few pounds. Too much vin rouge with Simon Carmody, Gavin Friday and all the other hangers on in France!

Can't wait for the album though!

Crap, he doesn't need to lose anything. It's funny how some people who usually never post suddenly pop up here when Bono's weight or look or appearance is an issue. He can live the way he wants to, and if he loves to eat and drink and hang out with his friends, that's just fine to me, at least he's enjoying life and doesn't look like a skinny drug addict on the verge of death like many other rock stars.

As long as he's healthy, it's fine. He looks good enough and he's never been "slim". Bono doesn't have to look a certain way just because fans want to have their peace of mind. He has obviously lost a fair amount of weight recently, I think he looks very sharp. It's a shame tabloids are picking this up and fans are even discussing it.

No, that would be BAD, since it's actually supposed to be out in Nov!

There are a few small possibilites that this may be true:
1) Steve Averill said U2 where working on two seperate projects last year, one which is the Eno/Lanois collaboration and the other was a U2-only album.
2) U2 might've produced enough material for a second album, it's been mentioned several times that they have material for an album or maybe even two or three.
3) It's the next album in the remaster series?
4) The release of the Spider-Man musical soundtrack?
5) This is complete non-sense like you've already pointed out.

I wouldn't completely rule this rumour out just yet, but I'm not very optimistic about it either.

Crap, he doesn't need to lose anything. It's funny how some people who usually never post suddenly pop up here when Bono's weight or look or appearance is an issue. He can live the way he wants to, and if he loves to eat and drink and hang out with his friends, that's just fine to me, at least he's enjoying life and doesn't look like a skinny drug addict on the verge of death like many other rock stars.

As long as he's healthy, it's fine. He looks good enough and he's never been "slim". Bono doesn't have to look a certain way just because fans want to have their peace of mind. He has obviously lost a fair amount of weight recently, I think he looks very sharp. It's a shame tabloids are picking this up and fans are even discussing it.

Totally agree with you LU. There have been times in the past when Bono *has* been skinny and he did not look well. Those were prob bad times for him. He has looked mighty fine for the last few years or so... from Elevation right up until the present day. Loving his new look, short hair and all. His weight is fine and he looks fit and healthy.

:lol: and now contactmusic caught up with this story... it's amazing how fast this gossip bullshite spreads!

:hmm: Could be indeed Spiderman soundtrack in January...

I think Bono looks great for a man of his age. Unless you can spend five hours or more in a gym, everyday. You are going to lose muscle tone. Plus, as we age, our skin becomes thinner. Nothing can be done for this. Men, just like women, have lower hormonal function. During, their late forties and beyond. It is a sort of Menopause. And almost everyone, male or female, alike, will put on a few extra pounds.

At age fifty one, I am ten pounds heavier, than I was at forty. Though, I eat a healthier diet and do moderate exercise such as walking, swimming or hiking, everyday.

Bono Told to Lose Weight

According to a report by FemaleFirst, the singer's colleagues have advised him to lose a few extra pounds before his group goes on tour to promote their new album.

A source stated, "U2 has an album coming out around January. And then the band is going on another world tour in March and April - so the boys have been told to start exercising all the summer weight off."

According to recent rumours, U2's new disc will be titled, No Line on the Horizon.

http://music.sympatico.msn.ca/Bono+...ine=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=False

According to a report by FemaleFirst, the singer's colleagues have advised him to lose a few extra pounds before his group goes on tour to promote their new album.

A source stated, "U2 has an album coming out around January. And then the band is going on another world tour in March and April - so the boys have been told to start exercising all the summer weight off."

According to recent rumours, U2's new disc will be titled, No Line on the Horizon.

http://music.sympatico.msn.ca/Bono+...ine=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=False

Wow. That's really terrible. :sigh:

No word yet as to what the album title will be, but it is slated for release on Nov. 17 in Europe, Nov. 18 USA. I'm the music editor for a major newspaper and that's the info I got from Universal last week.

Back
Top Bottom