New pics of Bono's African travels!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desire4Bono

Refugee
living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wron
Today he took O'Neill to a marketplace in Ghana to see the conditions. Look, O'Neill took off his tie, unbuttoned his shirt and is going Bono style!
biggrin.gif

capt.1022063061.ghana_o_neill_bono_xsa106.jpg

Here's Bono putting a necklace on a little girl

capt.1022060341.ghana_o_neill_bono_xsa102.jpg

He is such a beautiful person. I love pictures where his soul shines through.

Thanks, Desire. I am not near a tv during the day so it's great to see these updates here.

------------------
I was like a two year old, wanting more....

*U2 Take Me Higher*

LOL Desire, I posted the some of those pics in the safari thread.... but that first one where Oneill is "going Bono style" I haven't seen.

icon35.gif
Safari Bono

------------------
Daisy

~*~We are one, but we're not the same
We've got to carry each other~*~

AIM:daisyone75

Originally posted by daisybean:
LOL Desire, I posted the some of those pics in the safari thread.... but that first one where Oneill is "going Bono style" I haven't seen.

icon35.gif
Safari Bono

Ack, sorry Daisy. That thread got too big for my computer as slow as it's being. He's still on Safari, but this is a different outfit! 'Each sold seperately,' remember?
wink.gif

Collect 'em all!
biggrin.gif

He actually bought that necklace for that girl, according to the caption.

These pictures make me tear up
frown.gif

Children over there live under such deplorable conditions-I just read an article the other day about child labor there,in the first place Bono visited. They start working as young as age five to try to help support the family.

frown.gif

Aw, that was so nice of him to buy it for her! How many girls would love Bono to buy them a necklace and put it on them?! Here's one more pic of it:

capt.1022060264.ghana_o_neill_bono_xsa101.jpg

I'm sure after walking those streets Bono really thinks about how much better off his girls are. I'm sure he and O'Neill will see much worse things too. I hope they'll be safe, and healthy.

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 05-22-2002).]

capt.1022060264.ghana_o_neill_bono_xsa101.jpg

I love him. I just plain love him!!!!
icon35.gif

------------------
In New York you can forget
forget how to sit still
Tell your friends you will stay in
but it's down to Alphaville.......

Bono is so suave. I adore him.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Sunday all the lights of London / Shining, sky is fading red to blue / I'm kicking through the Autumn leaves / And wondering where it is you might be going to

Love,
Emily

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html" TARGET=_blank>
Emily's Wallpapers
</A>

As all of you already ahve mention.
I love that man!!

It gives me major, MAJOR fuzzies to look at these pictures!!! I almost get cramp in my stomage of love and admiration for him.

CNN will show video of this trip to the street market during the next hour (11 to noon EST) so get ready if you want to see and/or tape this!

------------------
~"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy,
I don't mind, think they're crazy
running everywhere at such a speed
'til they find, there's no need!
Please don't spoil my day,
I'm miles away,
and after all, I'm only sleeping!"~
John Lennon

Here's the story that goes with that pic-how touching..

Irish rock star Bono lends his blue Bulgari wrap-around shades to Felicia Boateng, 12, a schoolgirl who asked him to sing for her classmates in Richard Akwei Memorial School in Ghana's capital Accra, May 22, 2002. Bono told her she was "genuinely cool". Bono, on a tour of Africa with U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill, sang U2 hit " I still haven't found what I'm looking for".

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

Irish rock star Bono lends his blue Bulgari wrap-around shades to Felicia Boateng, 12, a schoolgirl who asked him to sing for her classmates in Richard Akwei Memorial School in Ghana's capital Accra, May 22, 2002. Bono told her she was "genuinely cool". Bono, on a tour of Africa with U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill, sang U2 hit " I still haven't found what I'm looking for".

how sweet of him....
smile.gif

Desire4Bono - You are so on top of things. Thanks so much for getting us fresh news about Bono's trip.

I got pretty blubbery looking at Bono with the kids.

They just showed Bono singing to the children on CNN, man I'm in tears!
The kids were singing along with Bono, awwww, his voice sounded so sweet!

Bono, on a tour of Africa with U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill, sang U2 hit " I still haven't found what I'm looking for".

Anyone have mp3's of this???
wink.gif

Originally posted by NicaMom:
They just showed Bono singing to the children on CNN, man I'm in tears!
The kids were singing along with Bono, awwww, his voice sounded so sweet!

I just caught that too! Bono is so great! I loved what he said about the people of Ghana finding Americans benevolent and how important it is to kinda keep that relationship going. I think what he was getting at was that peace breeds peace.

On a lighter note, Bono's hair looked awful.

Back
Top Bottom