NEW photos: Bono at the White House today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*Ally*

New Yorker
bono was back in DC today, meeting w/ President Bush at the White House. here's the first photo i found, but i'm sure there will be others.
biggrin.gif
please post 'em if you find any!!

capt.1016129109.bono_washington_wh102.jpg

ps- we are so lucky with all these new bono photos lately!

O_O

SUIT!!!!!!!!!!

SUIT!!!!!!!!!!

SUIT!!!!!!!!!!

No tie.... But SUIT!!!!!!!

O_O

Ooo... and his little facial expression is cute too! Thanks for posting Ally!!!!!

------------------
You're taking steps that make you feel dizzy
Then you learn to like the way it feels
You hurt yourself you hurt your lover
Then you discover
What you thought was freedom is just greed

Hee hee Bono looks like this smilie
icon31.gif

By the way I'm only joking. Don't hurt me

*runs*
biggrin.gif

Oh My God!! That is such a sexy picture. Bono almost never wears a suit. He is starting to almost look like he fits in there at the White House!!

I looooove you Ally!!

I wonder who he was calling??

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Originally posted by Jody:
icon31.gif

By the way I'm only joking. Don't hurt me

*runs*
biggrin.gif

LOL!!!! He does look like that!!!

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Originally posted by Jody:
icon31.gif

*lmao*!!!!

Nice threads though...he's lookin' sharp!

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I wonder if that's an Armani suit. Man, he's looking good!!!

I used to not like it when Bono dressed like a normal "citizen" ( I prefer the rock star look) but I think I am changing my mind!

bwahahahaha!!! YES he does look like that frowning smiley!! lmao!

BUT the suit is niiiiice on him- quite a change from the scruffy brown jacket he's been sporting lately. (which i like, too, but this is a more "professional" look!)

i think there will be lots more photos appearing soon- supposedly bush just gave a press conference, and bono was sitting behind him the whole time. keep your eyes peeled, ladies!!
wink.gif

Originally posted by *Ally*:
bwahahahaha!!! YES he does look like that frowning smiley!! lmao!

BUT the suit is niiiiice on him- quite a change from the scruffy brown jacket he's been sporting lately. (which i like, too, but this is a more "professional" look!)

i think there will be lots more photos appearing soon- supposedly bush just gave a press conference, and bono was sitting behind him the whole time. keep your eyes peeled, ladies!!
wink.gif

and watch the news! woohoo!

but Bono, lay low.. I don't like him being seen w/ the president & such nowadays just b/c of the heat we're getting from different radical groups!

------------------
Happy Birthday Adam!!

* U2 Take Me Higher *
The Macphisto Society

Guys!!! Check out this link.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020314/ap_to_po/bush_foreign_aid_2

It explains that the US goverment is going to be giving $5 billion to developing nations in order to "stop the debt"!! This is progress, and our Bono helped to do this!!

What an incredible man!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

1016135552.1476862076.jpg

1016135221.2013667448.jpg

1016134682.1946648701.jpg

capt.1016135467.bush_foreign_aid_wh103.jpg

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 03-14-2002).]

I found another pic!!
1016135253.2953265197.jpg

Sorry, I must have posted at the same time as Sicy!! Thanks Sicy!!

[This message has been edited by spinninghead77 (edited 03-14-2002).]

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

Sorry!! I didn't mean any harm. Unfortunatly the people that have been posting there are the one's that give right-wing voters a bad name!!!

I don't usually agree with the whole right/left wing nonsense, since I am usually extremely liberal, but in a few instances I take a much more conservative stand!!

Sorry again!! *hugs*

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm not too fond of all the winger nonsense, meself!
biggrin.gif
And ignorant people that post on boards from either side of the table DO definitely give their side a bad name. yucky
tongue.gif

((((hugs spinny)))

I don't know why, but as soon as I saw the pics of Bono with our president, I started to cry! I can't believe what he has accomplished in the past few years and what an amazing human being he is. I am so in love with him right now it's not even funny
biggrin.gif

He could be sitting in the sun the in south of France right now but instead he's doing these very un-rock star like meetings and he's actually getting people to listen. I don't have a lot of faith in our government but I give them a lot of credit for taking Bono seriously.

DOODS! I've been trying to email a friend of mine that works in the White House. Actually, he's the Executive Deputy Director of Presidential Personnel. He (Eric) interviews then recommends people ( Buzz Aldrich & Bo Derek to name a couple of recent ones)to serve on certain committees for the President. While I was in D.C. a few weeks ago lobbying, I met Eric for dinner. Later we went to the bookstore & I brought up U2 & Bono to ask if Eric had ever seen him on the Hill. He wasn't familiar with Bono or U2 really (he's 28 but only listens to classical music), so I told him about Bono & Drop The Debt (he was a more familiar with the DTD initiative) and he was very interested. And that's when I suddenly spied BONO on the cover of TIME!
Well, I FREAKED OUT!
I ran over & said, "THIS IS HIM!!" Eric said that's the most excited he'd seen me all evening! But he really got interested in the story then & he said he would read the article! SOOOOO, I've been trying to contact him at the White House & ask if he's seen Bono and if he has the chance, he should try & meet him!
I'll let y'all know what happens!
Keep your fingers crossed for me!
And for Eric!

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **

2060.jpg

House Africa Subcommittee Chairman Ed Royce (R-CA) today met with Bono, a passionate champion of Africa and lead singer of the internationally acclaimed band U2.

Topping the discussion was debt relief to Africa and other Third World nations. In his conversation with Bono, Royce stressed the importance of making sure that debt relief is tied to conditions, including government accountability and environmental protection. Royce endorsed so-called "debt for nature" swaps, in which debt is taken off an impoverished country's books in exchange for a commitment to set aside forest and other non-exploited areas.

Bono agreed with Royce that it is critical governments receiving debt relief be held accountable for how the money is used. Royce stated that the debt relief should be used for health services, not military expenditures as has happened in the past. He noted how African leaders receiving debt relief in the past have used the freed-up government revenues to buy arms and luxury planes.

"There is little of this debt relief money that will be 'paid back'," Royce said. "We should leverage something for it, like conserving environmentally-sensitive land that supports threatened species, like the Black Rhino and African Elephant. Large parts of Africa will be an environmental wasteland in a few decades if action is not taken. We should trade nature reserves for debt relief, and I told Bono I will continue working on this idea."

Bono also agreed with Royce that greater trade is key to African development. Royce was the lead sponsor of the African Growth and Opportunity Act, signed into law in 2000. This legislation has already led to the creation of thousands of desperately needed jobs in Africa.

HIV-AIDS was also discussed. Africa has the majority of AIDS cases worldwide, resulting in the highest incidences of orphaned children.

"Bono has been described as 'Africa's biggest advocate'. He is very passionate about helping the continent, and makes a strong case in favor of debt relief and trade. He is using his popularity not only to raise awareness, but to educate," Royce said.

Thanks for all the pictures!

In this one it looks like Bono's trying desperately not to laugh!
1016135221.2013667448.jpg

And this one reminds me of "This is the evil Bono- we've got the Edge."
biggrin.gif

capt.1016129109.bono_washington_wh102.jpg

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
2060.jpg

*Almost embarassed on behalf of Bono*

Look at his shirt!!!! And he's in fashionable company and dares to have his shirt open like that!!! I take back that it took away some of his coolness to wear a suit among those guys, if he wears a suit and his shirt is like this, that's OK with me !!!!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

*slurp*

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
*Almost embarassed on behalf of Bono*

Look at his shirt!!!! And he's in fashionable company and dares to have his shirt open like that!!! I take back that it took away some of his coolness to wear a suit among those guys, if he wears a suit and his shirt is like this, that's OK with me !!!!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

*slurp*

Me too! Like I said in my earlier post here, I admire him for doing this with his own brand of style and keeping his cool along with the stuffed shirts! He is just the greatest in so many ways! Drool!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom