New Original Of The Species VID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, the pregnant woman is Lucy Mathews...good eye, *Ally*!

I like the first one better but wow, Bono sure looks good in this one. I thought the whole two-faces-superimposed had to do with the whole innocence/experience theme going on in the song's message.

Anyway, thanks for posting the link!

This one's Bono=centric cause the other guys just don't like making music videoes. I know you all already knew that...just stating that's all.

I really do miss that part where Bono like cries in the first one.

But in the second one, I like that it is like Bono's fighting with his double life that he is currently leading, that is sort of tearing him up.

ruffian said:
Yes, the pregnant woman is Lucy Mathews...good eye, *Ally*!

I like the first one better but wow, Bono sure looks good in this one. I thought the whole two-faces-superimposed had to do with the whole innocence/experience theme going on in the song's message.

Anyway, thanks for posting the link!

Who is Lucy Mathews?

the 2nd vid is indeed Bonocentric... but so am I... so why am I even choosing :rolleyes:
hm I love the 2nd one more... the giant head scared me too in the first one.. and I kinda did NOT like to see Bono cry... it made me feel bad/sad... I dunno but I don't like to see him sad... gives me a weird feeling in me tummy! and he looks waaaaay more :drool: gorgeous in this one^^
but they should've dropped more of the other members too ... but I'm not complaining... since I'm very Bonocentric eh :lol:

Bonocentric :lol:

I like the first one better than the 2nd but I do like both......I really don't pay attention to the subliminal messages...sorry :reject:

Luckily I have an LJ icon of it:

Made by the lovely PlaTheGreat85.

Thanks for the heads up!

Being a Bono-girl, I can't say I mind this vid at all :reject: Honestly though, my first impression of the first version was, if they're going to include ALL the band members, it should be more cohesive, instead of just throwing in a few random shots of them at the end. It makes the video lose its rhythm. You've got Bono singing the song and then all the images of innocence/babies/pregnancy/motherhood etc...and then a few seconds of Edge/Adam/Larry. It seems too disjointed. They should really go all-or-nothing with a video like this.

Lucy is gorgeous! I've met her in person before and she does a great job w/ DATA. A lovely pick for this video.

U2Girl1978 said:
Maybe I'm blind but I didn't see Bono crying in the first video. :reject:

.. then watch it agian! it's pretty obvious...
also, call me stupid, btu I didn't get the hidden messages thingy :reject:

Souly said:
Man and a Woman needs to be the next video, and Adam needs to star in it.

TOTALLY AGREE. What an awesome vid that would be. I think it should have the whole garden of Eden thing and I will be happy to play Adam's- Eve.:drool:

Carmelu2fan said:

TOTALLY AGREE. What an awesome vid that would be. I think it should have the whole garden of Eden thing and I will be happy to play Adam's- Eve.:drool:

I love the song, but I am afraid this won't happen.... remember with Red Hill Mining town? they didn't bring it out because htey couldnt play it live... they're not playing Amaaw live..
sadly for me, they quit playing Miracle drug... wich is my fave of HTDAAB.. and I lolled till death over Bono's reaction on Edge's guitar solo... I do exactly the same moves most of the times I hear the song... :D
anybody knows why 'Mercy' Didn't make it onto the album? or am I the only nut who absolutely loves that song?

Carmelu2fan said:

Carmel-somehow I knew you would say that. :wink:

I prefer the first video. I thought much of the imagery was beautiful in that one. This one was too repetitious (pregnant belly, over and over).

I did rather enjoy the views of Bono's forearms, though. :love:

Last edited:
Look closely and you'll see the 'video' tatoo on his forearm that reads "Mother" and also "One".
No glasses reveal a letting down of his guard.
Bono being real. The word "true" is written on the front of the robot head in the first vid.
Just a few of many observations.....

oh geez. I'm so frustrated. I can't seem to watch it on my computer. AOL redirects me to the homepage and crap. :sad: :grumpy:

but to be honest, even not watching version number 2, I don't think any video can surpass OOTS version1. Bono's lipsyncing/facial expressions are too persuasive. That video also had a very great ending-.... I mean, meaning. :shifty:

:wink:

*update*
the video is now available on u2.com
http://www.u2.com/highlights/?hid=225
With Miroslava I found out that the links for the full video last only a day, so if one of the members would be so nice to save it onto his/her pc and upload it for us... I'd be eternally gratefull.. (still cursing my parents for not letting me get membership!)
you'll get the link by playing it, make sure you are logged in, and then rightmousclick on the vid when playing, properties, and you'll see a long link.. wich in the end should have OTS2 or so and ends on .wmv ... paste that link into google, and you can save it ^^ I'm willing to trade something for the vid btw... name your price :wink:

Back
Top Bottom