new (old) Bono pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greety

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I've never seen them before and I found them on u2star

We would like to say thank you to Declan McCarthy, who has been so nice to send us those photos. If you want more info about the author, drop us a line and you'll be in contact with Declan.

"...The story is that my friends in The Shade were asked to play a gig on the back of a truck to entertain marchers and supporters of the Campaign for Nucleas Disarmament's campaign. There was a march, of which I also have a few photos, which culminated with speeches against the nuclear threat posed by the superpowers, and Carnsore Point and the campaign for Ireland to remain non nuclear.
The date was 5th June 1982. The location was outside the Department of Foreign Affairs on St. Stephen's Green in Dublin.
After they had played a few songs a number of people got up on the platform and made speeches.
One of these people was Bono who had arrived with his fiancee Ali. He said his words of support and got his message to his audience. then he sang one or two songs.
It is quite prophetic in a way that Ali went on to help Adi Roche in her Chernobyl campaign, as it shows that they were there for the cause rather than the publicity.
I don't recall which songs he sang, but I assume that they were 'Boy' ones which are now world famous 'Early Days' material..."

copyrights by Declan MaCarthy

:love:

bonoali5.jpg

CampaignforNucleasDisarmament-15.jpg

CampaignforNucleasDisarmament5.jpg

Dublin5june1982.jpg

5june1982.jpg

Thank you Greety! :bow: :hug: I had never seen any of these before and I thought I'd seen them all! They're adorable! Oh that puffy hair, I want to grab it! :love:

I have seen these before - but they are just as wonderful now! :sexywink:

Thanks for posting them.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Greet!
These photos are fantastic! :applaud:
It's also awesome to see Bono playing his guitar back then, considering that they said he played even worse back then! :wink:
Ali looks so cute too! :cute:

THANKYOU!!!!! :bow: :bow:

Back
Top Bottom