NEW (new) Bono pics! Bono in Berlin, Germany today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono4.jpg

Crazy

I don't usually post, but I had to say something here. That person who said that Bono looks sad has every right to do so. I don't understand why people get so upset when people make observances like that. I think it was wrong of the some of the people to go off on this person, including comments like it's "scary", or "disturbing", or whatever they said. Why, pray tell, is THAT? This person just thinks that Bono looks sad, period. Bono is not a God whom we never see.

I happen to agree with this person. I do often think he looks unhappy. In fact, Bono, himself has said that he's not the happiest person. It is no way a slight on Bono to say so, to observe it. At least it's not meant to be that way on my part.

I think his hair looks good long, and the color it is. I am not going to fault him for gray hair when I have it, too, and I'm a lot younger than he is. The lopsided earring look. :shrug: Whatever. I don't care.

Re: Crazy

Soul Always said:
I don't usually post, but I had to say something here. That person who said that Bono looks sad has every right to do so. I don't understand why people get so upset when people make observances like that. I think it was wrong of the some of the people to go off on this person, including comments like it's "scary", or "disturbing", or whatever they said. Why, pray tell, is THAT?

Because, they didn't just say he looked sad. They said he had sadness in his eyes and how it was great he was out among his fans because that was the 'best medicine,' and was 'getting stronger every day', and it left the impression that Bono had been very ill or had suffered some sort of tragedy that's why it was scary and disturbing.

Here is the original post:

He's looking better - but I still see a glint of sadness(?) in his eyes.

Anyway, the BEST medicine for Bono is to be back out in the public amongst his fans/followers so that he can begin again to receive our UNCONDITIONAL LOVE AND RESPECT FOR HIM!

He has always thrived off his contact with us - I'm glad to see him re-emerge AND GETTING STRONGER EVERY DAY!

See? Looking BETTER? But STILL see sadness? Best medicine? Stronger every day? We were like, what's up with that? It was scary.

Last edited:
That original post was referring, I think, to the flutter of rumours a few months ago, when Bono suddenly left L.A. before the Golden Globes, citing a "family emergency". A week or two after this, Miss U2 met him in Dublin, and she said he had been crying.
This was followed by the big disappearing act. People, no doubt, have drawn various conclusions from this series of events (if they mean anything at all). We'll probably never know what was really going on, and we have no right to.

Well, he certainly looked happy and healthy in the fan pics taken during his alleged 'disappearance.'

I would have replied to this thread so much earlier, if I could but...

... I saw this during my 20 minute(!) lunch break at uni and MY GOD did I have a hard time not screaming "Yeehaa! New Bono pics!!!" :yes: I was sitting in the lunch/study area with my laptop so I had to be quiet (and *if* I started screaming the others would think I'd completely lost my mind!) so I just had to be :silent: and wait 'till I got home...

But now I'm home and can :drool: :combust: and :faint: without anybody thinking I'm *that* crazy - Oh, I love PLEBA!!! LOL

Oh, so back to the topic - new Bono pis:

9d941762.jpg

When I saw this (and all the others of course LOL) I went absolutely crazy - "He's growing his hair back, like it was in the JT-days!!!!!!!!!!" My reaction = ( :combust: + :faint: )^10...
...now I'm wondering if he saw the PLEBA-hair-poll where the JT-hair came in first?! :shifty: LOL

As far as his looks in the pictures and the discussion about that - I agree with with BrazilFly:

Why people think he is sad, tired or whatever. He has a smile in face in most of the pictures, this discussion is unnecessary, people are trying to dig something that is not there. And I don't think he looks so old, the man is looking all right. Personally I think the gray hair is kinda cool.

:yes:

I took a look at the pics once more, and I don't know if hiis roots are gray (like wolfeden suggested) - maybe they've just bleach in the french sunlight?! I don't know, and actually I don't care - His hair cloud be black, any shade of brown, blond, gray, whatever; he could have long hair, short hair, be bald - and no matter what, I'd still love him!

All in all - pics of the man in his best age!

Thanks to everyone for sharing!!! And good luck to FS if she's out there in the Berlin streets trying to find Bono!

Last edited:
biff said:
People, no doubt, have drawn various conclusions from this series of events (if they mean anything at all). We'll probably never know what was really going on, and we have no right to.

:yes: I agree - Well said biff!

Bammo :bow: :up:

Originally posted by Merc
When I saw this (and all the others of course LOL) I went absolutely crazy - "He's growing his hair back, like it was in the JT-days!!!!!!!!!!" My reaction = ( + )^10...
...now I'm wondering if he saw the PLEBA-hair-poll where the JT-hair came in first?! LOL

Maybe he did :yes: ;) :lol:

Last edited:
I think it's only natural to want to know what's going on with someone you care about, so to say that someone doesn't have the right to try to find out, I don't agree with that. I think people have the right to care.

Thanks Blueberry and biff for your comments. I can see your point Blueberry, that this person is making a lot of assumptiong on why, to them, he looks sad. Biff, I believe you're probably right. It's based on rumors. The fact is, and I'm sure someone has already said this, that we don't really know.

I think it's alright to be concerned for Bono. You get to know him, you hang around sites like this enough, you're bound to care. You just always have to keep things in perspective. We don't really know. Like I said, Bono has said he's not the happiest person. I believe that is a problem. Everyone has the right to be happy, and he hope he finds whatever he needs to be so.

As a person who has followed Bono's activities on the web avidly and obsessively for 3 years, I can tell you from experience as a fact that, except for the tour, it's been a VERY common pattern for him to be very visible for 2-3 weeks, be everywhere until you can't keep up with the pics, then suddenly drop off the radar for 2, 3, even 4 months at a time. This is very typical and always happens. We on PLEBA refer to these down times as 'Bono droughts. ;) :lol:

I think this is how he wants it, he has his public time and his private life and he is able to to both successfully. But even during the 'droughts' you will occasionally see a fan pic taken at the studio or on a street or something once in awhile. But if he doesn't want to be found, he won't be. We are just grateful for the time he gives us!

Biff, I believe you're probably right. It's based on rumors. The fact is, and I'm sure someone has already said this, that we don't really know.
You right we won't know .. nor should we he deserves his privacy . But there is nothing wrong with fans being concerned .. The fact is even more then we are aware of it Bono is on the go alot and is pulled in so many directions .. Anyone who has even experinced a bit of that know that takes alot out of you and to keep it up for as long as he has .. you know it has alot of different costs that go along with it.. DATA and working on this Aids Emergency you know in addition of the time and energy put in .. public apperances etc.. the shear importance and size and humanity of this emergency takes an emotional toll sometimes to

We see Bono's public face and thats great I guess we shouldnt delve into his private aspect othen then for him to know we wish him well always.Bono's just like the rest of us and I"m sure has the same problems so many of us have and I dont think think there is anything wrong with someone to wish him well or be concerned as long as it does not cross the line..

An I know everybody here knows the difference between being concerned and taking it to far.. I'm sure Bono would be happy to know fans are supporting him and worry and care ..

Bono's been lying on the beach in the South of France the last few weeks. If he's been pulled in different directions, it was by the tide;) Ah a life of luxury... :cute: His face is sunburned and his hair is sunstreaked. Rest and relaxation at its best. If he'd had any public appearances recently, we'd have known about them here;)

Last edited:
Katey said:

You right we won't know .. nor should we he deserves his privacy . But there is nothing wrong with fans being concerned .. The fact is even more then we are aware of it Bono is on the go alot and is pulled in so many directions .. Anyone who has even experinced a bit of that know that takes alot out of you and to keep it up for as long as he has .. you know it has alot of different costs that go along with it.. DATA and working on this Aids Emergency you know in addition of the time and energy put in .. public apperances etc.. the shear importance and size and humanity of this emergency takes an emotional toll sometimes to

We see Bono's public face and thats great I guess we shouldnt delve into his private aspect othen then for him to know we wish him well always.Bono's just like the rest of us and I"m sure has the same problems so many of us have and I dont think think there is anything wrong with someone to wish him well or be concerned as long as it does not cross the line..

An I know everybody here knows the difference between being concerned and taking it to far.. I'm sure Bono would be happy to know fans are supporting him and worry and care ..

:yes: :yes: :yes:

You're absolutely right Katey!

Bono's been lying on the beach in the South of France the last few weeks. If he's been pulled in different directions, it was by the tide Ah a life of luxury... His face is sunburned and his hair is sunstreaked. Rest and relaxation at its best. If he'd had any public appearances recently, we'd have known about them here

dont be so sure of that fact. we don't know every move Bono makes(thank god).. he attends more meetings and discussion and takes more trips then we should be or are aware of here.. that I know... and I dont mean neccesarily public apperances..maybe I should clarify.. a man sitting in a room in washington or Dublin or wherever talking debt relief or whatever doesnt always end up on Interference or an other site for that matter

I didnt put a timeline of the last week or two on Bono being pulled in different directions ..

" wherever you go, there you are"

Katey said:

a man sitting in a room in washington or Dublin or wherever talking debt relief or whatever doesnt always end up on Interference or an other site for that matter

Oh yes it does;) We ALWAYS find out and usually have pics.:lol:

But WAY TOO MUCH is being made of this speculation. It's really no big deal for him not to be seen for months, as I tried in vain to explain, this is a pattern and it happens all the time. Let's just be glad to see his pictures and appreciate his work and stop reading things into this that really aren't there. BONO IS HOT! :drool:

Let me thank Katey and a few other PLEBAns for their support on my post - I am truly amazed of the overreaction that it produced in this thread. I will stand by my comments (U2 have always been a big supporter of freedom of speech) but let me try to clarify the spirit of my post.:wink:

None of us know what has been happening with Bono over the last few months - all we know is that he has been away from the public and his fan base during much of this time. I NEVER said or even hinted that he was sick or suffering from some ailment.

When I used the word medicine I was using the term figuratively - Bono DOES thrive on contact with people, especially with his fan base, so for him to back out amongst us I DO think is good for his Spirit. This is just my opinion. It really didn't merit all the discussion it received here in this thread.:scratch:

Everyone can see what they feel is truthful for them in Bono's eyes, but I will stand by my observation. Bono may have a bit of sadness or anger or whatever in his eyes for many reasons, but my interpretation of what I see in his eyes is just one's opinion - no one has to agree with it. I respect every person's right to their reasoned opinion and I guess I'm a little surprised that a few people did not read my post WITH THEIR HEART, but simply reacted.

I think some of all of this has happened because we have ALL been waiting for Bono to re-emerge and we maybe are all looking for different things from these pictures. I also think he looks physically healthy and I love the longer hair look.;)

I have a bit more to say but I must go for now. I'm sorry that I even posted now. My post was a positively meant post that was twisted negatively. PEACE AND LOVE. :love:

Soul Always said:
I don't usually post, but I had to say something here. That person who said that Bono looks sad has every right to do so. I don't understand why people get so upset when people make observances like that. I think it was wrong of the some of the people to go off on this person, including comments like it's "scary", or "disturbing", or whatever they said. Why, pray tell, is THAT? This person just thinks that Bono looks sad, period. Bono is not a God whom we never see.

I happen to agree with this person. I do often think he looks unhappy. In fact, Bono, himself has said that he's not the happiest person. It is no way a slight on Bono to say so, to observe it. At least it's not meant to be that way on my part.

I'm going to second this and say that often I see a sadness behind Bono's eyes left there from the things he has seen an experienced. No amount of fame and wealth can make you immune to the pain and suffering that happens every second of every day in Africa. Think of how it effects many of us PLEBAns and we've never even been to Africa. Bono has seen firsthand babies dying and women coming together to support each other while they all slowly fade away. When I saw Bono up close for the first time he spoke about a father who offered his son to Bono. I'll never forget the pain, frusteration, sadness, and anger in his eyes and facial expressions. He's seen things that are only figments of our imaginations....

U2Kitten said:
But WAY TOO MUCH is being made of this speculation. It's really no big deal for him not to be seen for months, as I tried in vain to explain, this is a pattern and it happens all the time. Let's just be glad to see his pictures and appreciate his work and stop reading things into this that really aren't there. BONO IS HOT! :drool:

You said it sista - Amen to that!

...btw, I'm really loving the :yes: -smiley today! :lol:

Merc said:

You said it sista - Amen to that!

...btw, I'm really loving the :yes: -smiley today! :lol:

Thank you and can we please get back to the pics :hyper: The discussion has buried them so far down no one will see them if they clicked on this for the first time. I'm going to repost the ones I found this morning:

ger10.jpg

ger11.jpg

ger12.jpg

I don't believe that the source of Bono's unhappiness is Africa. Why would that be? I believe it would be a more personal part of his life.

Soul Always said:
I don't believe that the source of Bono's unhappiness is Africa. Why would that be? I believe it would be a more personal part of his life.

Oh I'm sure there could be something more personal that affects him, but I don't want to speculate over what that would be. All I'm saying is for me, just meeting ONE African woman with AIDS was enough to depress me for weeks, but then I think of how many times Bono has been to Africa and what he's had to deal with there and I can't imagine how he's remained so alive, energetic, and enthusiastic, at least on camera....

BluberryPoptart said:
I don't think he's "tired" he just had a long vacation! I don't think he's sick or even sad. He is older now and he's going to have some lines in his face. That's all. :shrug:

:yes:

I totally agree. Or, being Bono, he could be a bit hungover or maybe just pulling some late nights at the studio :shrug:

Thanks again to those PLEBAns who are trying to see the Love and Concern behind my observations of the B-man.:hug:

Like many of us, I DO worry about Bono. He has always accepted so much responsibility for the happiness of everyone around him - friends, family, fans and all those millions of people suffering unnecessarily in the world, that I think sometimes he forgets to care of himself.:ohmy:

I think that it is important not only to appreciate everything that Bono gives us, but to encourage him to give to himself! Otherwise, I do not think we are being fair to him. Bono is only a man - a human being who needs to be allowed to be happy, sad, frustrated, angry, confused, hopeful,etc. without us telling him what he should be.

We DO NOT OWN BONO - HE IS A GIFT given to our world.And we might need to elevate his Spirit sometimes as he has always lifted us. :heart: :heart:

I generally don't spend this much time posting because I AM a social activist, very deeply immersed in many of the same social concerns as the B-man. So I would rather spend my time phoning Congresspeople, talking to people about the AIDS pandemic, sending letters to the Myanmar government to release Aung San Suu Kyi than posting about Bono's hair (although it is very handsome) or even the look on his face. :bono: :angel:

I DO KNOW some of the sadness I see in Bono's face because I SEE IT IN MY OWN! It's the look of desparation and utter concern for the millions of African lives being lost to HIV/AIDS for no good reason and trying to move things along faster to save more lives and not always being successful in mobilizing that support from people. So maybe the glint of sadness I think I see in Bono's eyes are the reflection of the concern for Africa that I see in my own! :yes:

Enough for me - I have nothing further to say except that I love all my PLEBAn friend (We're One - we get to carry each other) and will continue to post here and accept everyone's input. THAT IS WHAT BEING A U2 fan/follower is all about.:)

AND I LOVE BONO FROM THE DEEPEST,TRUEST DEPTH OF MY HEART and SOUL for everything that he has done for the world. I just want him to BE GOOD TO HIMSELF. Bono deserves every good and true positive thought and wish possible!

LET"S TRY TO GIVE IT TO HIM!:heart: :heart: :bono: :wave: :angel: :hug:

bammo2 said:

Great pic! What a happy guy! :happy:

Love this one too, lovely smile! Thanks Kelly for posting! :love: You found some great pics! :up:

881c42a1.jpg

What a fun guy! He's the life of the party! :happy:

03aab7b6.jpg

f1979984.jpg

ccee27e5.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yes it does We ALWAYS find out and usually have pics.
shoudlnt that be more of a concern actually that he might be followed so closely. Like I was disgusted by the fact those pics from the beach were posted with Bono and Ali.. whose business is that..

Regarding your statement as well I'll say this and be done with it.. and I dont mean this is a bad way.. But NO you do not always find out trust me on that as fact!!

I realise everyone gets wrapped up in this waiting to see a pic of Bono or wonder Bono has been etc. and wanting news on him . thats all part of being a fan I guess ..
Personally I could care less if Bono is seen out in public or not ..

I want to thank you Jamila because I know where you concern is coming from ..

I see a sadness behind Bono's eyes left there from the things he has seen an experienced. No amount of fame and wealth can make you immune to the pain and suffering that happens every second of every day in Africa. Think of how it effects many of us PLEBAns and we've never even been to Africa. Bono has seen firsthand babies dying and women coming together to support each other while they all slowly fade away. When I saw Bono up close for the first time he spoke about a father who offered his son to Bono. I'll never forget the pain, frusteration, sadness, and anger in his eyes and facial expressions. He's seen things that are only figments of our imaginations....

Thank you you said it very well. When you have the opportunity to see Bono speak in person you see like you said the pain frusteration sadness anger in his eyes .. all these things they weigh on him like any of us.. I know from being involved with the emergency in Africa even the little bit I am that these things have an effect on you.. The faces keep you up at night .. the visions are haunting and that is a reality for me.. I can only imagine what it's like for Bono,

Take him down off the celebrity pedistal for a minute and look at the man ..

and okay if you want to get back to just looking at picks I am done on this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom