New discoveries about Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4EVRU2

Acrobat
(warning: kinda long)

I just had to post to say that I have been visiting atU2.com lately and read several interesting articles on the Man I Love and am discovering new facets of him I wasn't aware of previously. I've loved him since JT and over the years wondered about his and the rest of the band's more personal lives--what they were like, their personal habits, etc. and I always had Bono on a pedestal so learning about his nail biting and habit for losing items and his sense of humour make him more-- ordinary, I guess, which is cool on the one hand, but on the other, I sort of treasured the "mystery".

note: I haven't been able to buy any books, etc. on U2 for some time; hence, not being able to learn about their personal lives!

Just some thoughts I wanted to share.

I didn't know he bite his nails. The losing things doesn't surprise me, though. Those creative types... ;)

In a lot of pics taken of the B-man over the years, you can see him biting his nails.

Any PLEBAn wish to substantiate this fact with a pic of Bono and his nails for our friend, 4EVRU2?

Bono is as human as the rest of us - he just does AMAZING things for others. That does make him an EXTRAORDINARY MAN. :angel:

Jamila said:

Any PLEBAn wish to substantiate this fact with a pic of Bono and his nails for our friend, 4EVRU2?

6b9044c0.jpg

I'm just to opposite - the more I learn that Bono and the rest of U2 are human like the rest of us :wink: the more I like them:shrug: - if that is at all possible :D

nurse chrissi said:
I'm just to opposite - the more I learn that Bono and the rest of U2 are human like the rest of us :wink: the more I like them:shrug: - if that is at all possible :D

I'm the same way. I love how both extraordinary and real they are at the same time.

you should definitely read Flanagan's book, "U2 at the End of the World." It really gives you a feeling for all the band members' personalities. It's a brilliant book, IMHO.

Flanagan's book is funny as hell. My favorite part is when they meet Clinton. :lol:

(And of course, the story at the very beginning about Bono being woken up in the middle of the night all leads to... interesting thoughts.... :D )

I have to echo the sentiments about Flanagan's book. He was given complete access to them during the ZooTV/Zooropa tours, he travelled/lived with them for months, making you feel as if you were right there with them. Flanagan also states that he and the band all acknowledged that anything he saw or heard during that time was fair game for the book. They were incredibly open with him, and it makes for a fascinating read.

Typical Bono mannerisms/quirks...hides hands in long sleeves, sticks his head out when taking pics...when he does not have his shades on he makes a circle with his index finger and thumb *when taking pics*, we all know biting his thumb, uses the word"EXTAORDINARY" very passionatley, repeats himself a lot!...
any more you can think of PLEBAns?

nurse chrissi said:
:yes:

:up: Flanagan- great book.

I also really like all the things that make Bono human, I think in some ways his heart makes him both ordinary and extraordinary. The crud he went through losing his father was ordinary, losing loved ones is hard for anyone; doing all of that grueling, draining work in Africa is something he doesn't have to do and yet he does--that's extraordinary.

verte76 said:
I also really like all the things that make Bono human, I think in some ways his heart makes him both ordinary and extraordinary. The crud he went through losing his father was ordinary, losing loved ones is hard for anyone; doing all of that grueling, draining work in Africa is something he doesn't have to do and yet he does--that's extraordinary.

:yes:

The more human and quirky and so-called "imperfect" Bono is, the more loveable and wonderful he is! :)

Plastic-y, flawless seeming people make me suspicious. Give me the more fun, messy human side any day :)

That nail-biting photo is adorable!

As for Bono's cute quirky mannerisms, there are too many to list here! There have been a ton over the years...

Hey! I may start a Bono's mannerisms kind of a thread!

(runs off to go and start new thread...)

I have alaways said that Bono is perfect in the midst of his imperfections.

It has been all his temptations, trials and tribulations that have ULTIMATELY RESULTED IN HIS TRIUMPHS in his life.

I have Loved and Respected Bono for over 24 years just the way he is....UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

I'm really glad to know that there are more people who are beginning to see Bono as I do - with the Heart more than the eyes (although looks fine). :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom