New Bono Pics-In Dublin, w/ Guggi And Gavin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Savannah said:

I don't think he 'always has', have you ever seen a pre-2000 pic if him in a suit? I haven't.

Can someone get me pics from the 93 Grammies? Frank Sinatra induction speech. Or The Bruce Springsteen induction speech at the r'n Roll Hall of fame. Or the 1987 Grammies where he's wearing some kind of suit. Or that pic with him and edge from around 1996 where's he's grabing Edge by the neck and he's wearnig a suit. Or one of the Zootv pics where he's wearing a suit jacket with leather pants. Or one from the Pavarotti concert. Or one of those Zoo tv pics where he's wearing a red velvet suit. Or that pic of him and pregant Ali back in 1998 where he's wearing a light green suit. Case and point: Bono likes suits, all kinds of suits. I know you might say some of those suits were rather "unconventional" but then again wearing an untucked shirt open down to the navel with a rosary and wraparound shade isn't very conventional either...:D

Hmmmm, I love :heart: suits

I'm not sure who created this but...thank you

I've had this one one file for ages, always catches my eye when I do a quick scan like I just did. You've probably seen a lot pics than me but you never know...somewhere over the rainbow:wave:

Attachments

• rainbowbono2.jpg
    rainbowbono2.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 35
lady lemonade said:

Can someone get me pics from the 93 Grammies? Frank Sinatra induction speech. Or The Bruce Springsteen induction speech at the r'n Roll Hall of fame. Or the 1987 Grammies where he's wearing some kind of suit. Or that pic with him and edge from around 1996 where's he's grabing Edge by the neck and he's wearnig a suit. Or one of the Zootv pics where he's wearing a suit jacket with leather pants. Or one from the Pavarotti concert. Or one of those Zoo tv pics where he's wearing a red velvet suit. Or that pic of him and pregant Ali back in 1998 where he's wearing a light green suit. Case and point: Bono likes suits, all kinds of suits. I know you might say some of those suits were rather "unconventional" but then again wearing an untucked shirt open down to the navel with a rosary and wraparound shade isn't very conventional either...:D

Hmmmm, I love :heart: suits

No, I don't mean a suit jacket with leather pants, or the pimpdaddy or gangster multicolored suits, I mean a plain colored, straight laced suit someone would wear to work. Of course he's had jackets that looked like suit jackets over the years. He's a guy, and there isn't much variation in mens' clothing. Most non-winter coat jackets look the same but isn't the same thing as a suit. I think it said it all when Bono announced he had come to see the French President in a 'borrowed' suit-he didn't own one. Bono on Oprah- "We've got to get serious here, I got me a suit and stuff" My contention is he never wore an actual business type suit in his life until he started working for Jubilee. He may have items of clothing that resemble a part of a suit (again because him being a man there isn't much else) but that is NOT the same thing as a real suit. That is the kind of pic I'm looking for. Scavenger hunt anyone?;)

Last edited:
Re: I'm not sure who created this but...thank you

cass said:
I've had this one one file for ages, always catches my eye when I do a quick scan like I just did. You've probably seen a lot pics than me but you never know...somewhere over the rainbow:wave:

I"ve seen that and LOL@the way he's standing and his face! :lol: D'oh! But that's from the late 90's, already disqualified;)

suits!

294448f.jpg

301200b.jpg

310401b.jpg

321575j.jpg

I guess now he's going through a suit phase again :wink:

BONOPOP the rules are PRE-1998!! Try again! ;)

Okay again:

Pre-1998

NO 'pimpdaddy' or 'gangster' or flashy colored suits, and no partial suits. Keep looking!:D

Last edited:
Savannah said:
BONOPOP the rules are PRE-1998!! Try again! ;)

Okay again:

Pre-1998

NO 'pimpdaddy' or 'gangster' or flashy colored suits, and no partial suits. Keep looking!:D

Oh! Pre-98! :sexywink:

Just wondering, are we trying to prove something important here? You're very demanding girl and you're making me think, which is not a good thing :D

Dammit, a pic of Bono in a plain suit pre-98. That's like trying to find a pic of MacPhisto during the Elevation Tour :laugh:

BONOPOP said:

Oh! Pre-98! :sexywink:

Just wondering, are we trying to prove something important here? You're very demanding girl and you're making me think, which is not a good thing :D

Dammit, a pic of Bono in a plain suit pre-98. That's like trying to find a pic of MacPhisto during the Elevation Tour :laugh:

Exactly! That's what I'm trying to prove. Lady Lemonade said he's always worn suits but I want to prove he never wore an ordinary plain suit in his life until the late 90's when he started working with Jubilee. Even though I am sure I'm right, it would be fun to look and interesting to see if there is a pic like that, but I don't think so.

About MacPhisto during the Elevation tour- I did see one pic where he put on a fan's horns- not Mac but close!;)

Savannah said:

No, I don't mean a suit jacket with leather pants, or the pimpdaddy or gangster multicolored suits, I mean a plain colored, straight laced suit someone would wear to work. Of course he's had jackets that looked like suit jackets over the years. He's a guy, and there isn't much variation in mens' clothing. Most non-winter coat jackets look the same but isn't the same thing as a suit. I think it said it all when Bono announced he had come to see the French President in a 'borrowed' suit-he didn't own one. Bono on Oprah- "We've got to get serious here, I got me a suit and stuff" My contention is he never wore an actual business type suit in his life until he started working for Jubilee. He may have items of clothing that resemble a part of a suit (again because him being a man there isn't much else) but that is NOT the same thing as a real suit. That is the kind of pic I'm looking for. Scavenger hunt anyone?;)

LOL, I can't believe I,m having this discussion:laugh:
My point is that Bono's been wearing all kinds of suits for all kinds of occasions for a number of years now: weddings, movie premieres, etc., not just when he's meeting with politicians.
And lately he seems to like wearing suits again, whether it's at the David Bowie show, on stage with Mick, at fashion shows, on a night out with his pals. Those are all occasions where he's not meeting politicians and doesn't have to wear suits if he doesn't want to.
Anyway, as I mentioned it before, I don't think that his way of wearing suits is really business-like. And for the sake of argument, he's a Zoo tv era pic of him wearing suits and tie at Gavin's wedding:drool:
07.jpg

Savannah said:

Lady Lemonade said he's always worn suits but I want to prove he never wore an ordinary plain suit in his life until the late 90's when he started working with Jubilee

Anyway, he's not wearing now that ordinary plain suit, just look at his shirt and the sleeves :laugh:

About MacPhisto during the Elevation tour- I did see one pic where he put on a fan's horns- not Mac but close!;)

And don't forget we have our own MacPhisto Elevation tour version, Mr_LeMon! :yes: :D

lady lemonade said:

LOL, I can't believe I,m having this discussion:laugh:
My point is that Bono's been wearing all kinds of suits for all kinds of occasions for a number of years now: weddings, movie premieres, etc., not just when he's meeting with politicians.
And lately he seems to like wearing suits again, whether it's at the David Bowie show, on stage with Mick, at fashion shows, on a night out with his pals. Those are all occasions where he's not meeting politicians and doesn't have to wear suits if he doesn't want to.
Anyway, as I mentioned it before, I don't think that his way of wearing suits is really business-like. And for the sake of argument, he's a Zoo tv era pic of him wearing suits and tie at Gavin's wedding:drool:
07.jpg

What you said! And thanks for the pic :drool: :drool: :tongue:

Aw come on that pic is so dark you can't tell if it's a real suit or jeans and a sport jacket;) Keep looking and I'll try to think up some kind of prize! But let's move this discussion to the U2 challenge thread, k?

That's my baby! :tongue: *the one on the left*

I've never heard those jackets called Battle Jackets, just jean jackets. But I love how Guggi looks in jeans and jean jackets and his shirt is beautiful! I love this outfit more than when he wore this at a fashion show

u2fashion-guggi01.jpg

But it was for charity, and he looks great in anything. He's an arty guy, and like Bono says "when you're from the North side of Dublin it doesn't hurt to get arty once in awhile!"

Back
Top Bottom