*NEW* Bono pic!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevation2u said:

and since i havent seen a dog thread i will post a picture of my other dog Srgnt Pepper
33%3B6865523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D646%3D%3C95%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3B85472%3A6ot1lsi

:cute: How adorable! What kind of dog is that? I want to get a small dog but I don't know what I want.

he is a poodle/bichon mix and he is the sweeetst dog ever, he is gonna be one year old soon but he still follows me evereyhwere and is shy around new people or animals.
33%3B6%3A38323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D646%3D%3C95%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3B96436%3A9ot1lsi

33%3B6%3A38323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D646%3D%3C95%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3B96436%3B2ot1lsi

this was during summer when i had the brilliant idea of grooming him myself:huh:
33%3B6%3A38323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D646%3D%3C95%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3B96436%3B4ot1lsi

To tell you the truth, I have no idea :( I woke up one day and she was gone, my parents might have gotten rid of her :sad: Or she ran away, or worse got hit by a car somewhere :sad: Or maybe, someboyd thought she was stray and took her in... I don't know.

Well we can hope for the happy ending of somebody taking her in.

Here are some pictures of the strays/ferals I feed.

Prego
prego804.jpg

Snowflake
snowflakesit.jpg

Fatty
fattyw.jpg

Chatty
chatty2.jpg

There's a bunch more but they wont come close enough for pics!

Sicy I was at one of my favorite pet shops last weekend and they had a kitten like Prego (siamese w/ a bit of tortie on her face). I was going to get her b/c their kittens are usually $50 and she was gorgeous (usually I'd get a shelter or lab kitty) but it was too good to be true, she was $199! Now that I look at your pics again, the top two look like snow shoes (is there a diff. between a snow shoe and a siamese with white feet?). How cute! Such a shame that its so hard to socialize ferals, those cats would make the most beautiful house cats. I'm on the waiting list for a tiny kitten, but the lab said they probably won't have any more until the spring :( Becks still won't let me near his back feet. I guess we'll just wait until the next vet appointment unless they get painfully (for him) long.

Last edited:
Aww you're going to get Becks a buddy? I bet he'd love that.

I think Prego and the others are very similar to snowshoes, but they are mixed so I'd say snowshoe/siamese/tortie because I can see a bit of all of them in these cats. But they do resemble them.

snowshoe.jpg

They are all absolutely gorgeous, its hard to believe they are feral but they are. I know a couple other neighbors also feed them so they never go hungry :)

Most cat owners dont clip the back feet anyway, so healthwise he'll be fine but yeah you can have the vet do it for you if you still cant do it.

OK, then I guess he's fine. I wasn't sure b/c I've seen what happens to guinea pigs and rabbits when irresponsible/ignorant owners don't trim their nails.

I'm thinking of getting Becks a Posh but I can't afford to buy a kitten or adobt one from the shelter so hopefully the lab has more eventually.

Aww they are all so precious :cute: :love: I'm so glad they have you to take care of them:)

LivLuv, you could get a free kitten out of the newspaper, I'm sure you'll find some. I know you want to get one from a shelter or lab to save a life and that's nice but you could also be saving a life getting a free one, some terrible things sometimes happen to animals who are advertised free in the paper :sad: If all else fails I could hook you up!

U2Kitten said:

LivLuv, you could get a free kitten out of the newspaper, I'm sure you'll find some. I know you want to get one from a shelter or lab to save a life and that's nice but you could also be saving a life getting a free one, some terrible things sometimes happen to animals who are advertised free in the paper :sad: If all else fails I could hook you up!

The reason I get them from the lab is b/c a) they are passed from shelters to the lab and b) they can have any medical procedure done for free before adoption (namely neutering/spaying, deworming, parasite tests, and first shots for the kittens). They also give you their kitten food and litter (I didn't get any b/c I bought the right kind beforehand). So I got a free 12 week old kitten and had his second shots done for less than $50 so it's a great deal. I know someone that has lots of cats and there's one female he can never catch to get spayed b/c she's always in heat or pregnant. She got pregnant again and now he's got six kittens but I can't afford the spaying, etc. I also like getting them from the lab b/c their vets are really good and the cats are kept in a sterile environment and socialized. If I got a free one from someone and it had a disease or was really sick b/c it wasn't properly cared for at birth, I doubt I could afford to treat it and I don't ever want to have to euthanize an animal that's not old.

I wonder, if you cant afford an adoption fee, or spaying etc. can you actually afford another cat? They can get expensive. You have to be prepared in case they get sick etc.. vet bills can be brutal. Once you take on an animal though you take on the responsibility and need to consider the costs of the life of the cat.

I went to Petsmart tonight and talked to the ladies of Vicki's Pet Connection and I think I found one I can afford to buy! ($75, fixed, shots, 9 weeks old). This one I can afford b/c it's $75 and already fixed, unlike the siamese one I wanted who was $199 and not fixed. I can afford the vet bills b/c they're so much less than having to first buy the cat, get it fixed, shots, etc (I found a super cheap but still clean and well known clinic for shots and meds). I'm going in when the store opens tomorrow to fill out the app and hopefully take him/her home (the one I want is actually at a different store so I'm not sure what the sex it, but its 9 weeks and black and white). They told me to get a really young one so that Becks accepts it as a playmate and is not intimidated by size or age. I wanted to get a second one this spring, but I think it will be easier on Becks if I get him a companion now while he's still young and playful.

Haha, yeah, if the way Becks reacted to a dog is any indication, it'll take a few days! I'm excited and a bit nervous, but the ladies who fostered all the shelter cats were very encouraging and gave me some tips on how to do it.

Well, I went back to the store this morning and adopted my birthday present to myself!! She's so adorable. Actually, I went to Chow Hound first b/c the ladies from vicki's Pet Connection told me they left a kitten there. He was cute too, but his hair was too long for my housemate so we went back to Petsmart and got a short haired black and white kitten. the lady there also said she'd trim her nails and Beckham's back nails for me and teach me how. I really wish I had a digital camera.

So where is she now, in a separate room I hope ;)

Yes, pics are a definate necessity!

She's in my room for the night with Beckham free to roam the house (it was the opposite all day since even though he was confined, "my room" = his usual space, he spends more time in my room then out in the house). He's got all night to sniff everything she's touched.

Question: can I bathe this kitten? She kinda smells like.....being confined to a metal cage with lots of other cats and not enough litter! :p She does lick herself, but she's kinda stinky, the little rascal. I gave Beckham a bath, but he wasn't nearly so fragile then! Do you think she'd be scarred for life?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom