New Bono Avatar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
I hate change but I'm just about ready for a new avatar. Since everyone is having a field day with photos, help me out and post some of your best current Bono pics for me to choose! The winner will be appreciated! :wink:

51485053.jpg

51484986.jpg

capt.jpg

bonoqawards2-vi.jpg

0df3fa4d.jpg

About my avatars: some are sigs or gifs but most are avatars, if they look blurry it's because the site's thumbnails are larger than the avatar and it stretched. If you click on the avatar itself you will see it looks fine on its own. If anyone wants to use one go ahead.

How to make avatars: you have to have photoshop or adobe or something. Some people can make them in paint but it doesn't work for me because the picture resizes as a portion of the original big pic instead of shrinking it. I open a saved pic in adobe, then trim it to a square and then shrink it to as close as you can get to 72X 72 (this forum won't let you use bigger ones) If anyone wants a specific one and can't make it, post or pm a pic to me and I'll make it when I can (not volunteering them but I know Sicy and Bonochick do this for people all the time too so if I'm not around try them)

Last edited:
a046a03a.jpg

This is a HOT pic, but it won't make a good avatar. Why? Because by the time you cut it into a square shape you will have to cut out the chest part to make it fit, and and if you leave the whole head and chest in the shrunken pic will not be big enough to be seen very well to really tell what it is. You can have just the chest if you want. You have to think about stuff like this when you choose a pic.

Well, here it is :slant:

avchest-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Ok...I can't figure out how to resize everything in Photoshop....I feel dumb..... I want the headshot, not the iPod... :sigh: Is there a certain place on the Photoshop menu that has the 'resize option? I found something similar but then it won't let me save the pic in a jpeg file, only a psd and that won't work here. :confused:

f1ch5

On my photoshop (adobe) you choose GET AND FIX PHOTO, then go to TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB. It will have an option for trim (cut it around his head into a square) then resize to 72 by something, ignore 'reduce' and then click the fourth thing, I think it says 'save', and save it in your pictures, NOT on the adobe program. Then click done. If yours is different than mine I don't know :huh:

starsgoblue said:
Ok...I can't figure out how to resize everything in Photoshop....I feel dumb..... I want the headshot, not the iPod... :sigh: Is there a certain place on the Photoshop menu that has the 'resize option? I found something similar but then it won't let me save the pic in a jpeg file, only a psd and that won't work here. :confused:

f1ch5

Find the Image size option, and you should be able to resize.

And I think it will give you the option of whether or not you want to save as a photoshop image or not. Just select jpeg from the dropbar. I think that should work :up:

U2Kitten said:
a046a03a.jpg

This is a HOT pic, but it won't make a good avatar. Why? Because by the time you cut it into a square shape you will have to cut out the chest part to make it fit, and and if you leave the whole head and chest in the shrunken pic will not be big enough to be seen very well to really tell what it is. You can have just the chest if you want. You have to think about stuff like this when you choose a pic.

Well, here it is :slant:

avchest-vi.jpg

You rock U2 kitten! It seems I've inspired everyone to change there's!!! This one is ssooooo mine!:drool:

shy said:
A Brazilian U2 fan site : www.ultraviolet-U2.com

:wave:

Hi shy!

I was wondering if you could tell some of the girls there not to hotlink our photos, or photos from stuckinamoment.nets (neutral's), and u2takemehigher, (olive's). It's not that we don't like to share, it's a matter of our monthly bandwidth dying. :crack: Please tell them to right-click save the photos and then upload them onto their own photobucket albums. :)

Thanks! :wave:

Last edited:
The girls are knowing about this now, Flavia (Niamh ) posted there, and we ( Flavia and me) asked them to righ click.
Sorry, I have to apologise, but the girls didn't know that is had been hapen with yours photobuckets. Ours mods, are knowing about it too, and adviced and explained how to upload the pics in theirs photobuckets.
Thank you!:wave:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom