New Bono & Edge Pics 46664 Concert!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those were some great pics of Bono!! He is just so HOT!! I love Bono!! Can't wait to see it on MTV or VH1 and I hope the concert will be out on DVD,I'll buy it.

verte76 said:
I also got very emotional when Peter Gabriel did "Biko". I saw him do that on the Conspiracy of Hope tour in 1986, which was the first time I ever saw U2. In 1986 South Africa was still in the grips of apartheid, and honestly, I didn't think they'd get rid of it. I never thought I'd see Peter Gabriel performing that piece with Africans *for* Nelson Mandela, who was still in jail in 1986. So it reminds me of seeing Peter Gabriel, U2 for the first time, and..........OMG. I don't know how I'm going to do physical therapy after this. I'm overwhelmed.........

Thank you for posting that. It's a good reminder that, when things seem at their darkest, there's still room for hope :up:

3393476323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323476678%3B%3B5ot1lsi

3393476323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323476678%3B%3B7ot1lsi

3393476323232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3DXROQDF%3E23234766797%3C7ot1lsi

3393476323232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232347667%3B732ot1lsi

3393476323232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3DXROQDF%3E23234766797%3C8ot1lsi

hi everyone, dont know if this as been posted but for them in the uk (dont know bout anywhere else) the concert is on MTV 2nite at 8pm.sorry if allready bin posted,also :bono: was in the uk newspaper the sun.
take care,

Nikkievox :wave:

kellyahern said:

Thank you for posting that. It's a good reminder that, when things seem at their darkest, there's still room for hope :up:

I just saw Gabriel do "Biko" on MTV with the African singers, in South Africa, for Nelson Mandela. I cried. I was so happy! There's always hope, even when you don't think there is. The whole U2 experience, going back to that magic night in 1986, is indeed a Conspiracy of Hope, something I cannot imagine life without. Period.
Thanks for the pix Mr. LeMon!! OMG!!!:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

verte76 said:
I just saw Gabriel do "Biko" on MTV with the African singers, in South Africa, for Nelson Mandela. I cried. I was so happy! There's always hope, even when you don't think there is. The whole U2 experience, going back to that magic night in 1986, is indeed a Conspiracy of Hope, something I cannot imagine life without. Period.

Yep.

To be perfectly honest, I'd never heard of Biko, nor the song, until Saturday :reject:. And after I found out who the song was about and everything, and after hearing about how at the time that song was made there were still problems and people didn't think apartheid would ever end, when I saw that performance tonight, I definitely got a lump in my throat.

It's just crazy that people who promote peace and equality die such horrible deaths while fighting for their causes...but people do manage to learn from those tragedies and carry on the deceased's legacies, and that's where the hope you talk about comes in.

Also, I got all teary-eyed again hearing "One" tonight. This is the first time that song's ever gotten me that emotional. I think it's the added meaning that song gets from the whole issue that this concert was based around that's making me react this way.

Originally posted by verte76
Thanks for the pix Mr. LeMon!! OMG!!!:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Yes, thanks, Mr. LeMon!

Angela

Thank you people for posting all the pics...Bono looks GORGEOUS. :drool: I totally forgot that the concert was gonna be on MTV tonight, ugh... I'll have to watch it from the 46664 website I s'pose. But seriously, thank you, you have all REALLY made my day... new Bono pics always make me smile :) 'specially when he looks so GOOD! and Edge is lookin' nice too, eh?

I added both the Oprah show and the MTV highlights of the concert to my Bono AIDS tape...the concert ended and so did the tape.

I just watched the repeat on VH1 to see Peter Gabriel perform In Your Eyes (our wedding song) and Biko...in tears...I remember first hearing that song and trying to find out everything I could about Steven Biko. I have news clippings from the investigations into his death. Then to hear One...more tears. There is so much to be done to make all aware that this is happening today in our world...

thank you for posting all these pics...PLEASE go to www.DATA.org and www.46664.com and do all that you can to spread the work and the word.

One Love!!!

drumkeeran said:
I just watched the repeat on VH1 to see Peter Gabriel perform In Your Eyes (our wedding song) and Biko...in tears...I remember first hearing that song and trying to find out everything I could about Steven Biko. I have news clippings from the investigations into his death. Then to hear One...more tears. There is so much to be done to make all aware that this is happening today in our world...
One Love!!!

Newspaper clippings about Steven Biko? I wonder if I could find these at the library? September 1977........next week when things are not so crazy I'll ask my boss at the library.

Back
Top Bottom