New Bono & Edge Pics 46664 Concert!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sue DeNym said:

I want to hear them do a duet! Two of the best voices in rock & roll... :happy:

And yes, Bono does look good, he looks like he's been exercising, his body and face are leaner. Edge looks as handsome as always. He must've gotten some of Larry's Eternal Youth? potion... :D

I was thinking the very same thing ! He needs to stop doing songs with people like J. Lo and do something with Annie Lennox. That would be amazing.

kellyahern said:

I'm sorry :(

I'm sure someone will post the Bono/Edge part later for download or it will be on MTV Monday, hopefully

From the tiny bit I've seen it seems like everyone is playing one or two songs. I'd think that MTV would be more likely to play Bono and Edge's one or two songs than those of some of the African performers. So probably on Monday we'll see Bono and Edge, Beyonce, Peter Gabriel, The Eurythmics and maybe Anastacia and The Corrs.

I am enjoying this-African music is beautiful.

Peter Gabriel is on now and he's supposed to do In Your Eyes, one of my all time fave songs..he's doing it now!

I hope Bono and Edge are on before 6:30 when I have to leave

dsmith2904 said:

From the tiny bit I've seen it seems like everyone is playing one or two songs. I'd think that MTV would be more likely to play Bono and Edge's one or two songs than those of some of the African performers. So probably on Monday we'll see Bono and Edge, Beyonce, Peter Gabriel, The Eurythmics and maybe Anastacia and The Corrs.

I agree. Especially because the commercials I have seen for the concert on VH1/MTV says Bono is one of the performers.

No, the problem is I'm at work. No speakers. :( :sigh: I'm sure there will be a way to hear it when I get home though.

Oh, OK Edgette. I hope you can hear it later. I'm sure at least the Bono and Edge parts will be available. I *think* they also said on the site that individual songs will be available for download for a fee.

That was beautiful..I thought Beyonce's voice sounded fine w/ Bono's. They did American Prayer, then Bono/Edge/Dave Stewart did A Long Walk To Freedom

I loved Bono introducing Mr Mandela.."a President for anyone anywhere who loves freedom" :heart:

I love listening to Nelson Mandela :bow:

I don't know if it will be the whole thing Queen Bee, but I'm sure they'll show Bono and Edge, I HOPE

It was such a sweet moment when Mr. Mandela was done speaking, and Edge was at his side. They shook hands and Mandela said "how nice, all my friends are here" The look on Edge's face was priceless

:heart:

MrsSpringsteen said:
I don't know if it will be the whole thing Queen Bee, but I'm sure they'll show Bono and Edge, I HOPE

It was such a sweet moment when Mr. Mandela was done speaking, and Edge was at his side. They shook hands and Mandela said "how nice, all my friends are here" The look on Edge's face was priceless

:heart:

That part was so great :yes:

Brian May said earlier that they were going to release a DVD of the concert in January

That was awesome! I loved their performance, thought Long Walk to Freedom was great and Bono and Edge looked wonderful as always! :love:
And yes, queen bee, that was beautiful when Nelson Mandela said "how nice, all my friends are here", such a sweet moment.
Cant wait til Monday to see this on tv, my computer sucks too and it was too dark! Was great to hear though :)

lol, Edge looked just thrilled to be shaking Nelson Mandela's hand. So cute. I can't wait to hear the songs now. :hyper:

WOW. The guys looked so good! I also got very emotional when Peter Gabriel did "Biko". I saw him do that on the Conspiracy of Hope tour in 1986, which was the first time I ever saw U2. In 1986 South Africa was still in the grips of apartheid, and honestly, I didn't think they'd get rid of it. I never thought I'd see Peter Gabriel performing that piece with Africans *for* Nelson Mandela, who was still in jail in 1986. So it reminds me of seeing Peter Gabriel, U2 for the first time, and..........OMG. I don't know how I'm going to do physical therapy after this. I'm overwhelmed.........

Chris Thompson was the guy who sang The Show Must Go On with Queen. He was once a member of Manfred Mann.

Last edited:
2769038.jpg

Sorry if this is already here..at an orphanage for children whose parents have died of AIDS..there are other heartbreaking pics like this w/ Bono and Beyonce :(

2768845.jpg

wow..

2768641.jpg

2768737.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom