Never Been Kissed - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
sorry this part took so long, i have been extreamly bussy.
Disclaimer: all of this is fiction

I could here voices that sounded extremely far away, I tried to make sense of what was being said;

?Let me see her!? I could hear Edge yelling.

?You?re going to stay far away from her, this is all your fault,? that was my mom.

?All my fault! How is this possibly my fault??

?Enough you two. Mr. Evans we?re going to have to take you down to the station for questioning?? Nala growled loudly. ?Who?s dog is this??

I wanted to yell, she?s mine, leave her alone but I couldn?t make to words come.

Someone was stroking my head ?it?s going to be alright sweetie.?

?Edge,? I mumbled, ?I want to see Edge.? Then I passed out again.

The next time I woke up I was in the hospital with people running all around me, before I could make some sense of what was going on everything went black again.

I woke up for good sometime in the middle of the night. There was a nurse sitting beside me.

?It?s good to see you awake dear,? she said.

I frowned, ?where am I??

?The intensive care ward, in north metro hospital they brought you in by helicopter. You?re mothers been very concerned, shall I go get her??

?No!? I almost yelled.

She looked shocked. ?Calm down. How about I get you a glass of water??

I nodded, ?alright.?

After she left I got a chance to look around, they had me hooked up to all kinds of machines monitoring heart rate and such things, I had and IV drip attached to one arm, my left leg was bound up in something and my ribs really hurt.

The nurse came back in and I took the cup of water from her refusing to let her give it to me. ?It?s a miracle you?re alive,? she told me.

?Will I be able to play hockey again soon?? I asked.

?You have three broken ribs and fractured to lower part of your left leg but as soon as those heal I don?t see why you shouldn?t be able to play hockey again.?

?Good,? I said feeling relieved.

?We?re you a good player??

?I play for the Sky Hawks,? I said proudly. ?It?s a Junior team, we won the provincials last year.?

?You?re the girl on that team,? she said. ?I remember seeing you on TV.?

I smiled, pleased to be recognized. There had been a bunch of media coverage last year when the team had done so well because of the fact that I was the only girl playing that level of hockey.

?Why don?t you want to see your mother?? she asked.

I scowled. ?Because she?s trying to wreck my life. Are my friends here??

?There was a group of boys who were hear earlier who were told to come back in the morning,? she said.

?Four of them?? I asked. ?One in a wheel chair??

?Yes, they said they were your teammates, best friends and practically family, if I remember correctly.?

?Was there anyone else?? I asked.

?Just police questioning them on what had happened.?

My heart sank, where had Edge been?

?Why do you ask??

?I thought my?my boyfriend would have been here.?

She didn?t say anything, but a caught a look that said she knew something about where he was.

?What, where is he? Tell me!?

?As far as I understand he?s in holding at the police station, you?re mother was saying it was his fault.?

?No it wasn?t,? I yelled. ?It was her fault, it?s always her fault, I hate her!?

?Calm down, dear, calm down.?

I could feel tears stinging my eyes. ?I hate her. I HATE her. She destroys everything good in my life.?

~ ~ ~

The first people I got to see the next morning were the police, it seemed that the nurse had been right and they were trying to make it look like Edge?s fault. My friends came in next.

?I?ve never seen someone as mad as you?re mom is right now,? said Dave.

?I don?t care,? I said. ?Let her be mad, she can?t be half as mad as I am.?

?I think the cops have it figured out that it?s not Edge?s fault,? said Degrusy. ?I mean we said it was your mom?s fault, he said it was you mom?s fault, you said it was your mom?s fault.?

?They were acting like I didn?t know what I was talking about because I?d been knocked on the head.?

?They?re ass holes,? said J.

?You?re not going to like this,? Hawk said quietly. ?But Nala might be in trouble to because when they were trying to force Edge into the back of the car she attacked them.?

I laughed, ?she attacked the police!?

?Yeah, you should have seen it,? Hawk grinned. ?They were all screaming and panicking and we were trying to hold her back so that she didn?t get shot or something. It was actually Edge who calmed her down by agreeing to go with the police.?

?Ya,? said Dave with a grin, ?that dumb dog likes him almost as much as you do.?

~ ~ ~

I quickly decided that being in the hospital sucked. I couldn?t go anywhere and I had no idea what was going on. Doctors and nurses kept saying things like ?everything will be alright, dear? and asking why I didn?t want to see my mother. I had never been so glad to be eighteen, because it meant that they couldn?t just let her in, no mater what she said. I was sitting in my room that evening (they?d moved me out of intensive care that afternoon) bouncing a tennis ball off the wall and catching it. It was actually Nala?s tennis ball that Hawk had given me explaining that she?d pretty much forced him to take it when he and the others had come to see me. As they?d told me this afternoon it looked like Nala would be alright because she?d just been trying to protect ?her owner?. Which was good, but there was still no news of what was going to happen to Edge.

I was so preoccupied with my thoughts that I didn?t hear anyone walk in. Suddenly a hand reached out and grabbed the ball in mid flight. I jumped and turned to look, the stood Edge tossing the ball up and down with a grin on his face.

?How are you?? he asked sitting down beside me.

?Much better now,? I replied leaning over to kiss him on the cheek. He raps his arms around me, holding me against his chest. ?So what happened at the police station.?

He snorts, ?I think you?re police chief was out to prove that all celebrities are bad people. There?s more desirable ways to spend 24 hours then locked in a jail cell while they try to create a non existing case against me.?

I wince, ?the local chiefs a friend of my mom?s.?

?Ahh.? There?s a long silence. ?When are you supposed to get out of the hospital??

?Tomorrow, if all goes well. Though I?d rather stay here if it mean?s staying away from my mom.?

?Come with me, then.?

?What??

?Come with me when I go back to Dublin in a couple days.?

He can?t be seriously asking me that, can he? I look up into his green eye?s and see sincerity there, he wants me to come with him, he actually wants me to come with him. And I?d be crazy to say no. ?Of course I will.?

He smiles and kisses me, slowly and passionately and I know I?ve made the right choice.

That?s all for my little fic, hope you all enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom