Needed some U2 healing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Man, yesterday just really sucked for me. Went to the awards ceremony for my high school because my brother is a senior...They gave out scholarships and stuff like that. Well, my brother is the Valodictorian but he didn't get any of the scholarships he applied for. I think they think the Valodictorian always gets stuff, but he got nothin'! Just a stinkin' title! grrr...

And the worst part was when the English award was given out by the guy that was my favorite teacher when I was in high school. I was REALLY depressed back then and he pumped me up a lot. He said at the time that I was the best writer he'd ever taught and gave this big ol' speech about me at our awards ceremony when I was a junior...But last night he gave an award to a junior who he said wrote "the first perfect essay." That REALLY stung...A LOT. So, what? What was all the stuff that I did then? Did he even MEAN any of that shit he said about me? I wonder...

So I came home, turned off all the lights in my room, and turned up the stereo really loud. Lying on my bed with my eyes closed...listening to "Always," "Always," "Wake up Dead Man," and "Love is Blindness." I'm always amazed that even when I'm feeling as low as I think I can go, U2 manages to make it all okay. I love those guys!

Just thoought I'd share...

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by wertsie:
But last night he gave an award to a junior who he said wrote "the first perfect essay." That REALLY stung...A LOT. So, what? What was all the stuff that I did then? Did he even MEAN any of that shit he said about me? I wonder...

(((((Werstie)))))

Don't feel bad, maybe this girl was in the same situation you were in, and needed that same type of boost. That is the mark of a great teacher, to make their students feel special. Think of it this way, if you remember the way he made you feel, he made her feel that way too.... she may have needed that boost as much as you did. But I don't think it means that he thinks any less of you or your work.

------------------
Daisy

Your taking steps that make you feel dizzy
Then you learn to like the way it feels

The Mouth Moves in Mysterious Ways

AIM:daisyone75

I know. I know deep down it shouldn't bother me, but it does. I know the guy he gave the award to last night. He's a really nice guy and I think he's going to go into writing like me, but still...This teacher made such a huge deal about me when I was in high school, and last night was sort of like a slap in the face, like I was GOOD, but not "perfect." Sigh...

------------------

That sucks. I have to go to my Senior Awards night next Monday. I don't want to go, I'm only getting one award so it's gonna be boring. But my parents are insistent.

Por vou...
3343%3B7%3B523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B6%3B%3D726%3DXROQDF%3E2323269824%3A88ot1lsi

3343%3B7%3B523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B6%3B%3D726%3DXROQDF%3E23232697%3B8492ot1lsi

3343%3B7%3B523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B6%3B%3D726%3DXROQDF%3E2323269824%3A8%3Aot1lsi

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Sorry Wertsie. It really sounds like you had a rough night. ((((Wertsie)))). Don't worry about the essay thing... I am sure that he was just trying to make her feel as special as he made you feel...

Just like Daisy said... that's what makes him a great teacher, and why he meant so much to you that years later you are still hurt by his comments.

The boys always seem to be able to help though... I remember a few weeks ago, after I broke up with my boyfriend. I was feeling very down, and I had to meet a good friend of mine, who is also a good friend of HIS for lunch. Anyway, I went to Swiss Chalet to wait, and I was sitting in a bench feeling like I was going to burst into tears. It was really loud there with people talking, and bustling about. Suddenly, all the noise stopped, and all I could hear was Bono's voice... "It's just a moment, this time will pass"... aparently it was so noisy that I couldn't even hear that U2 was on....

I felt much better after that. Like Bono was looking out for me.....

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

Originally posted by wertsie:
I'm always amazed that even when I'm feeling as low as I think I can go, U2 manages to make it all okay. I love those guys!

Well, they have the same effect on me! Just amazing what Bono's voice can do to ya when you're really feeling really crap!

L

------------------
If you don't know what you're doing,
babe, it must be art.
- Bono -

Originally posted by madonna's child:
That sucks. I have to go to my Senior Awards night next Monday. I don't want to go, I'm only getting one award so it's gonna be boring. But my parents are insistent.

Por vou...

I just have to say, my senior awards was the night before I went and saw U2...could you imagine sitting through them with the knowledge that in 24 hours you would be seeing four boys from Dublin
wink.gif
Anyway, (((wertsie))) things will be better as long as you have U2

------------------
Dana

Ma: The car was rattle and humming...
Dana: COOL!

*hugs*

Thank you, everyone. It means a lot. See, this is one of the MANY reasons that U2 is the best band on the planet. I'm sure every one of us could share stories similar to mine. It's always nice to hear. It gives me that feeling, like we're all in this secret club or something. *warm fuzzies*

------------------

Back
Top Bottom