Need to vent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dream chaser

Acrobat
I hope I'm posting this in the right place, but I just need to take moment to vent & get something out of my system.

I heard through the grapevine that there were some nasty posts in the Zoo directed at me. Well, I couldn't get in to see them until today and, well, they aren't precisely directed at me, though it would seem so.

Someone calling him/herself "DreamChaser" posted all sorts of negative stuff in there and some people seem to think that's me, which is fairly easy to do since the person, essentially, stole my name (tho I'm just "dream chaser" there too).

Anyway, I posted about it in there to clear things up, but it just seems like no one over there cares anymore and I know I don't know many people in here, but, well, it just really bugs me that someone would somewhat assume my identity and then defame me. So, well, I needed to go somewhere and rant about it.

Sorry if it's OT or what have you. I've nowhere else to go.

-Mel :rant: :huh: :sad:

That sucks... :tsk:

But is it just some arsehole that chose a similar name to yours or someone doing it on purpose?

I'm so sorry Mel :hug: I know exactly how that feels! Remember that idiot who ran that ignorant bald site who made screen names that were one letter off from some of our names and used them to post terrible things so people would think it was us who said it? Thanks to you and sysop, we stopped him. I hope somebody will be there to stop this person for you. Why do people have to suck so much? :down:

Oh, and you are in exacty the right place for this kind of thing. This is the off topic or personal topic part of PLEBA. We share a lot with each other here.

Last edited:
People really do suck sometimes :down: If the people at zootopia don't want to listen to your explaination or care what happened, just ignore them and have fun over here!

:hug:

Thanks Guys!!

Thanks guys... I feel so much better! Sometimes it's just good to hear consoling words & good advice like, "ignore them," lol :)

And U2Kitten, I totally remember that! He was such a jerk. It might even be him, for all we know?!?

-Mel :hug:

PS: I don't know if it's someone doing it on purpose. I'd like to think not, but I did have kind of a high profile over there... :slant: :eek:

That's awful! :madspit: Just ignore that person, it's the best you can do!

btw, feel free to say everything you want to in this place! we are all friends here :hug:

Last edited:
awwwww!!! *hugs* What an :censored: :censored: :censored: !!!
But we still love you, and maybe they didn't really react ok in the new zoo, but we (well, some of us) know the zootops, and well...maybe they just reacted a bit odd... But it'll be ok.

What a jerk. People can do the most disgusting things. I'm just sorry they had to get on your case. It's happened to me on non-U2 lists. In fact I got chased off of one with a veritable deluge of nasty notes. That was not fun. :mad: :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Sorry to hear that, Dreamchaser. I dunno wot's going on in the zoo but I've heard that someone's posing as Sysop and also read a thread that someone posted, that was really negative and insulting to everyone, especially aimed at those of us who've come over here. It seems all the decent folk are here now. We can do without turkeys who are only out to incite anger and insult ppl.

Anyway, we all still love ya, so:madspit: to whoever's upset you!!

Sorry Verte :hug: It happened to me and I know how it is. :(

Mel, it would bug me people thought it was me, so I'd go as myself and post a disclaimer that the other person using the similar name is not you. But of course everyone who knows you won't believe it anyway:hug:

I hope something can be done to stop the idiots! Why are they complaining about the ones here? They're the bad ones! :grumpy: Good riddance to them. With it gettting to be nothing but asses there, if I were U2 I'd shut it down completely as junk :down:

Hey dream chaser! It is so good to see people I recognise from the old Zoo here. Sorry about what happened to you over there, and I don't mean to be nasty, but anyone who is still hanging out over there ..... well, same people in GD isn't it?

Hey, how's your Bono luck been lately? Not seen him on the way to the supermarket, or just bumped into him at lunch!?! Your Bono luck is just TOO GOOD. No wonder you always have that permanent marker with you! lol

youvedonewhat said:
and also read a thread that someone posted, that was really negative and insulting to everyone, especially aimed at those of us who've come over here.

Before they messed up the Zoo, I always visited both the Zoo and this site. I never understood the one-or-the-other mentality. Why should people have to choose only one? :shrug:

imogen said:
Hey dream chaser! It is so good to see people I recognise from the old Zoo here. Sorry about what happened to you over there, and I don't mean to be nasty, but anyone who is still hanging out over there ..... well, same people in GD isn't it?

Hey, how's your Bono luck been lately? Not seen him on the way to the supermarket, or just bumped into him at lunch!?! Your Bono luck is just TOO GOOD. No wonder you always have that permanent marker with you! lol

Hey imogen! :hug:

I totally know what you mean... It does seem that a lot of the ppl left there are from GD, especially since I've noticed most of my fellow Bonoists here! LOL! (But hey, like we gotta get our Bono fix, y'know? And the new Zoo just doesn't do it for me anymore... :( Though, I must admit, I do still check out u2.com. Thank God that hasn't changed!)

As for my Bono luck... Unfortunately he hasn't been in LA and I haven't been in Dublin or New York City... :( lol... The last member I saw was Edge, but, hey, he's got a place in Malibu, so he's here more than B. (Can't wait for the next tour, tho! You just know I'll be out there, Sharpie in hand! :D) Oh, speaking of... Wanna know something funny? I carry the Sharpie Larry used back in Boston with me everywhere. So far it's been used by Bono & Adam, in addition to Larry... So I just gotta get Edge to use it and it's a U2 Sharpie! :p (Suddenly I'm embarrassed for admitting that :eek:)

Cheers! :bono:

dream chaser said:
The last member I saw was Edge, but, hey, he's got a place in Malibu, so he's here more than B.
]

:ohmy: :ohmy: you saw Edge?!?!? When??

dc, The Zoo is now a giant shit hole(excuss my language) that place is not worth visiting:madspit: I only go their to hunt down people that I communicated with and thankfully alot of them have now joined Interference.

SpanishEyes21 said:

:ohmy: :ohmy: you saw Edge?!?!? When??

dc, The Zoo is now a giant shit hole(excuss my language) that place is not worth visiting:madspit: I only go their to hunt down people that I communicated with and thankfully alot of them have now joined Interference.

On Edge: I saw him when he played the Daniel Lanois show. I stood outside the venue afterwards and he drove off in his pale yellow Mercedes. :D :edge: It was very cool.

On Zoo: lol that you hunt them down to bring them here! :lmao: :D

Mel, you should start a thread in Band Meetings and Sightings to tell your adventures and post your pics! :happy: If you have time of course!

U2Kitten said:
Mel, you should start a thread in Band Meetings and Sightings to tell your adventures and post your pics! :happy: If you have time of course!

lol! How many pics are we allowed in each post? :lmao: Oh goodness... I will so definitely do that! Thanks for pointing me in the right drection. :D

(Man I really need to get some sleep! :yawn: Been up all night! :coocoo: )

Cheers!
-Mel :bono:

I think it's seven per post :) I love the ones you got this past year in LA :drool:

Yes!!! Go post all of your stories and pics. I LOVE that picture of Bono looking at you when you showed him the photos of all your meetings over the years. Just that look of delight on his face - love it, love it, love it.

dream chaser said:

On Edge: I saw him when he played the Daniel Lanois show. I stood outside the venue afterwards and he drove off in his pale yellow Mercedes. :D :edge: It was very cool.

On Zoo: lol that you hunt them down to bring them here! :lmao: :D

:hyper: That is so great, at least you got to see Edge. So many of us Edge girls would do anything just to catch a glimps of him.

Mel, you should start a thread in Band Meetings and Sightings to tell your adventures and post your pics! If you have time of course!

That would be a great idea. dc, you should try and do that, if you can of course.

Back
Top Bottom