Need to know how to pronounce a name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beli said:
Scandinavian would be fine. Except for Urin, that doesnt sound good with an Aussie accent. :|

Urin is definitely not a Scandinavian name for a boy because urin = urine... :shifty:

All the boys my age have english/danish names like Peter, Thomas, Martin, Michael etc. but here are some suggestion to boys names (a nice mix of more or less original danish/norwegian and swedish names):

Tor or Thor, Aske, Marius, Marinus, Malte or Malthe, Albert, Alfred, August, Geir, Sven or Svend, Sten or Steen or Steinar, Christian or Kristian, Ole, Kurt, Knud or Knut, Erling, Arvid, Lasse, Mikkel, Jesper, Anders, Hans, Jens, Atle, Henrik... Okay, I'll just stop now - I could name a lot more! :wink:

beli, just ask if you want to know how to pronounce one or more of these names, or if you want more name-suggestions, okay?! :yes: :D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I like Sorin, that's Scandanavian!

Hmmm :hmm: I don't think I've ever heard that name - You don't mean S?ren instead?! :) 'Cause that's a danish name for a boy... :yes:

Merc said:

Hmmm :hmm: I don't think I've ever heard that name - You don't mean S?ren instead?! :) 'Cause that's a danish name for a boy... :yes:

probably. There's a Scandanavian family at my church, the mom is Rikki, the dad is Thor, and the boys are Sorin/Soren/whatever and Solvi (sp?).

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

muahaha, what you all think but never ask....

Lies = "lease", like Liesl in the Sound of Music!

and don't even THINK Lies is like "lies" b/c you are WRONG! :p

It's a Dutch/German name (I'm 100% Dutch) so "ie" auf Deutsch makes "eeeee" and "ei" makes "eye".

TheWho, I'm in college in Grand Rapids, lived here all my life.

EDIT: in all my life I've met ONE other person with my name. Anyone read Politically Correct Bedtime Stories? Yeah, his wife is a Lies.

So, you're dutch hum.Nice
You should move here, we have plenty of girls called Lies,no mistake in pronouciation here! Also the name is derived (?) from Annelies,very common here.

Beli, if you like Flemish names, how bout Koen? That's one of my sons name. I believe it is flemish for Kurt,although I totally don't like that. And it means (i think anyway): the strong one.
But whatever name you should choose,think from the point of vue of the child later on in his life. I think it must be awful to have a very weird name and always having to explain his parents crazes. Last year,they published a list with the newest names here in the paper. Alot of Summers,Winters(boy),Zinedines,Zidanes,Beckhams... The craziest of all was the girls name:slant: X. yes just X
I'm sure you'll pick some nice name:p

I've been meaning to ask this for a while.... What are all Edge's kids names? I figure since this thread is on how to pronounce names then I will just ask the question here:).

TheWho4Life said:
I've been meaning to ask this for a while.... What are all Edge's kids names? I figure since this thread is on how to pronounce names then I will just ask the question here:).

His 3 with Aislinn are Holly, Aran, & Blue Angel

2 w/Morleigh are Sian & Levi ( I think-not 100 % sure about this one)

Back
Top Bottom