Need Pleba Girl Advice ASAP about my first novel!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
OK Pleba girls, I really, really, really need your input here, so if as many of you could put in your 0.02 as possible it would be great.

As you know, I am a prolific writer of fantasy stories, not just about U2, but of course U2 is my fave topic (I expect the next one to be out this weekend), and I have decided to have a go at a novel. Since you are for the most part my target demographic, I really need to know what you think about my novel plots/ideas.

Here are the details as posted on Dream Out Loud:
http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum15/HTML/000947.html

Any input you have would be hugely appreciated.

P.S. I am also thinking of starting my own Copywriting company, that does newletters, brochures, ad copy and of course novels and personal stories. How much $$ would you be willing to pay to get a personal story delivered after ordering it online? I really need to know if that method is worth my time, and last time I asked, I only got a couple of responses.

Thank you! Thank you!
smile.gif

sign a piece of paper (nothing on it) and send it to me. so when you make it big, i can say i have your autograph.
smile.gif

i like storylines A and C. i was confused by the explanation of story B.

i like your idea of a copyrighting company, sounds intresting. you strike me as the determined type, i think you could pull it off. but i'm not the best person to ask about paying for a story. as a starving student with only $1000 in her private bank account and no credit cards, i wouldn't have a clue what a good price would be. sadly, i could easily be swindled. therefore, i don't know an honest price to tell you.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim...

jess...i am not even gonna answer it...JUST DO IT !!!!
biggrin.gif

You have a talent that should be shared, will you share it already
biggrin.gif

------------------
Starr*
"oh I wish I were a little bar of soap..... I wish I were a little bar of soap...i'd go squishy and slimy all over people's heineys ......Oh i wish i were a little bar of soap....."

I think Plot C would be the kewlest...not just cos i'm a PLEBA girl but cos it would make for a really intresting and juicy story. And plus I love your stories that involve the boys and one of us because it sorta makes us feel like we're there ya know?
smile.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

b0280.gif

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 01-25-2002).]

wow!!! awesome idea, mrs. edge! i like plot line A, but i reeeeally like plot line C!! anything involving a rock band and romance works for me.
wink.gif
(storyline B sounds a bit too dark for my tastes, although i'm sure you'd be able to pull it off!)

good luck!!! and keep us posted on how things progress!!

I like A or C as well. If you go with C, you oughta populate it with PLEBA characters.
biggrin.gif
It would have a definite comedic slant then, wouldn't it.
wink.gif

Whatever you do, Jess, I'm sure it will be really good. Good luck with it!

-sula

Thanks for your input so far guys, keep it coming!
smile.gif

Originally posted by madonna's child:
i was confused by the explanation of story B.

This story is based on a Poem by Alexander Pushkin, called Eugene Onegin. There is a ballet and an opera about this topic, as well as a movie starring Ralph Fiennes and Liv Tyler, although I haven't seen it yet.

Basically, it is set in Jane Austen's time, and is about a pair of sisters. One is engaged, the other falls in love with Eugene Onegin, a dark aristocrat, who laughs off her girlish advances. In fact he flirts with the sister, and her fiance challenges Onegin to a duel. Onegin kills him. Many years later, the young heroine is married to a prince (although he's kind of dreary) and this reunion happens and she almost goes back to Onegin, but she doesn't. It is a devastating, emotional and fabulous story, that I thought would be great to update with Onegin as rock star.

Anyway, interesting to see what you are all saying!

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 01-25-2002).]

Mrs. Edge. I think that your ideas are great. I really liked all three, but I think that I would have to go with "C" after all we have all had fantasies like that.

You should go for your dreams!!

I say totally go for it Mrs EDGE!!!! You have loads of talent for writing, and you should definitely put that to use! Being that I have always had a more scientific mind, I really admire/envy creative people! It amazes me how some people can just come up with a story, characters, plot etc... I have absolutely no gift for it. As you can imagine, writing classes were a bit tough for me in College.

As for what story ideas I like best. I like both B and C!

Keep us informed on how it goes!!!
GOOD LUCK!

hey mrs. edge, they all sound excellent!!! i especially like c!
smile.gif
mmmm...love affairs with bono....*purrrrrs*....
oops.
smile.gif
anyway, i'd love to read your past stories. are any of them online?

I like plot C the best but I'm sure you will do a great job of whichever you choose. I look forward to it.
smile.gif

thanks so much mrs edge!!! FABULOUS!!!!!
smile.gif
oh my i was late for going out because i was sittin here reading!!! lol ok, does that mean i'm offically addicted to interference?!
anyway, i wrote a short u2 story last year for my intro to fiction class, and had a blast doing it. yours are great! can't wait to read more!!! have a great night!!

PLOT C!!!!!!!!

OMG I have started about 12 million novels in my day...I have not had the patience to finish any! So I just write poems and songs -- much shorter....but still difficult sometimes. Anyway....Mrs. Edge, you're so cool!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

You forgot the storyline about the 40-something woman who is a frustrated singer, who gets discovered by a famous rock band, and they decide to have her open for them on their tour!
biggrin.gif

But any of those storylines sound GREAT, but of course being a PLEBA gal, I liked C! But I would say just GO FOR IT! Would love to some day see your name on the cover of a bunch of books in the window of my local bookstore!
smile.gif

disco

Originally posted by madonna's child:
sign a piece of paper (nothing on it) and send it to me. so when you make it big, i can say i have your autograph.
smile.gif

Good idea, MC!
biggrin.gif

Mrs. Edge, I think all of the story ideas would work. Plot B is particularly intriguing, but A and C are good too. I think that more than just PLEBAns would be interested in stories involving romances with rock stars- I'd say that most of the general female populace is at least somewhat fascinated by them. They just have inexplicable sex appeal that lures women in.
smile.gif

I'm sure whatever you decide to write will be great. You have a talent for writing that can even be seen in your posts where you're just relating a personal story or in little essays (like that "why I don't have a dangerous obsession with U2" one!).

As for paying for a personal story, I'm probably not a good person to ask since I'm a poor college student. Maybe if you suggested a couple price ranges we could tell you which ones seemed reasonable.
smile.gif

I vote for Plot A. (Although I really like Plot 180!)
wink.gif
J/k!

I like the idea of exploring the dynamics and social consequences of an older woman with a younger man. Although I think such a plot has been treated before in other movies and books, I wouldn't say it's been overdone.

So I vote for A. Good luck!

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Hmmmmm...... all those plots sounded really good Mrs. Edge

But I am partial to Plot C (I think we all are), and we already know you have the talent to write that kind of a story....
biggrin.gif

Whichever one you decide, though, I'll definetly pick it up.... good luck!!!!!

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Let me love you true, let me rescue you...

Actually, I've had some other novel ideas too, maybe about having a couple meet in a chatroom, and the whole book could be about them telling each other about their lives, and culminating with the big meeting.

I've also thought maybe it would be fun to write about the adventures of a tribute band, and how they end up meeting the REAL band....so many ideas! I still can't decide! lol!

even though I missed this the first time around... C
biggrin.gif

and I'd just like to say my favorite one of your stories isss.. the one for Gina Marie!! YEEEAHH SEXYCYCLE!!!
*finds url* http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum7/HTML/001955.html

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

[This message has been edited by Kristie (edited 04-24-2002).]

Ana, you are so enthusiastic about my writing lately!! ((((HUGS))))
biggrin.gif

No, I haven't started yet, because I still have 8 more Pleba stories to write, and I want to fulfill those commitments first.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Ana:
All the plots sound great, Jess!
Have you started with anything?

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:

I've also thought maybe it would be fun to write about the adventures of a tribute band, and how they end up meeting the REAL band....so many ideas! I still can't decide! lol!

Any real life inspiration for that one Jess??? *LOL*

I can't wait to read all your stories!! You are writing 8 more???? Woo Hoo!!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
Ana, you are so enthusiastic about my writing lately!! ((((HUGS))))
biggrin.gif

No, I haven't started yet, because I still have 8 more Pleba stories to write, and I want to fulfill those commitments first.
smile.gif

wow
*nixes plan to innocently request one*

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

Back
Top Bottom