Need help with the Eras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phistolemon said:

29a51c27.jpg

*sigh* larry and adam are the most difficult ones for me to order :|

This picture is from The Unforgettable Fire period. I had to check it myself by comparing it to the ones below, which were taken in the same place and where Larry’s wearing the same clothes.

18a5fecd.jpg

86c6a859.jpg

Did you ever get your era for the shirtless Adam pic on the 1st page where he has the chain necklace and bangle bracelets? That was taken August 1986. (and I think he was naked. ha!) And as far as not having the AB album yet.... WHO'S GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oK thats all i have to say about that! :D

bonocomet said:
Did you ever get your era for the shirtless Adam pic on the 1st page where he has the chain necklace and bangle bracelets? That was taken August 1986. (and I think he was naked. ha!) And as far as not having the AB album yet.... WHO'S GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oK thats all i have to say about that! :D

HOW COULD I FORGET!
YOU MUST GET ACHTUNG BABY!
IT HAS NAKED ADAM ON THE BOOK INSIDE!

hcbiggs2002 said:

I have the vinyl version of Achtung Baby and it has the naked photo of Adam on the back outside cover!

I am trying to find a store where they still sell vinyls.. just to hang on my walls or so... there is supposed to be a store in amsterdam wich ahs them.... might take a look there ;)
(do you think she's off to buy AB now?)

Galeongirl said:

I am trying to find a store where they still sell vinyls.. just to hang on my walls or so... there is supposed to be a store in amsterdam wich ahs them.... might take a look there ;)
(do you think she's off to buy AB now?)

One can only hope!:up: By the way, have you checked out my 'art work' on the "I was bored, so I drew a picture" thread? Coz I made it out of pics from the outer and inner vinly covers of Achtung Baby. I played my first copy of Achtung Baby so much that I wore it out and had to buy a new copy! This was in the days before cds!:wink:

hcbiggs2002 said:

One can only hope!:up: By the way, have you checked out my 'art work' on the "I was bored, so I drew a picture" thread? Coz I made it out of pics from the outer and inner vinly covers of Achtung Baby. I played my first copy of Achtung Baby so much that I wore it out and had to buy a new copy! This was in the days before cds!:wink:
yeah I think I've seen that! U2 fans are so creative :wink:
wow.,.. I can't even imagine what it's like to live without cds.... I feel such a newb atm...

I'll think of you aaall when I go to buy AB ;) *lol*

and thanks for the help of the half naked (or totally naked? :drool: ) Adam pic and the TUF Larry!

Now, tell me what this is :D

47f3d4a0.jpg

joshua tree or TUF? can't really decide with his banded hair :eyebrow:

bbe93c6a.jpg

it looks like POP to me but... when did Edge cut his beard?

phistolemon said:
I'll think of you aaall when I go to buy AB ;) *lol*

and thanks for the help of the half naked (or totally naked? :drool: ) Adam pic and the TUF Larry!

Now, tell me what this is :D

47f3d4a0.jpg

joshua tree or TUF? can't really decide with his banded hair :eyebrow:

bbe93c6a.jpg

it looks like POP to me but... when did Edge cut his beard?

naked as in TOTALLY naked...
and the first one, I'd say UF era.. his hairline is still there...
the 2ndd one... check the right line, says 1995... would be classified as early pop era.. passengers era ^^

Galeongirl said:

:madwife:
GET THAT ALBUUM NOW AND LISTEN TO IT FFS!

it's my most favorite album... the emotion captured in all the songs is marvelous...
I also had with most recorsd that songs need to grow on ya... but I didn't have it with AB... I 'felt' it right away...
In my opinion, you should not listen to music... you should Feel it! I know it sounds weird... but if you listen to music on a high volume, and do nothing besides it, just focus on the songs... it'll grow on you, or not, but then you know for sure you just don't fit the song.... but mostly it grows... and I sort of analyze all the music... I focus on a drum part, or a guitar part, or a bass part(since I already know all the vocals :D) I usually tap my feet in the rhytmn of a song without noticing it tho...

and that larry picture posted before, it's Rattle and Hum era, not JT... :wink:

WOW, I do the exact same things :ohmy: :laugh:

ahmad said:
i think the bearded album is between zooropa and pop, not between pop and ayclb. right around passengers - when u2 was sending out those "expect nothing" postcards.

What are those about?? When? Where??? :eyebrow: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom