Need HELP regarding "ask U2"!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IrishThunder

The Fly
Hi!

I really would like to take part in the U2 event on Monday but need help on where I go on Monday and what i do!

Technology is not my thing, now I am not asking a question to U2 as I don;t think Asking Adam to marry me is appropriate.

However I want to hear/see their answers.

I assume I got to MSN but what happens after that, are the questions audiable or just in text??

Please please explain!

Thanks in advance!

Well, I don't really I know. I assue it will be like past chats. The guys will be in a chat room and a moderator will give them questions that we the fans have previously submitted. The band will type responses. We'll be able to watch their responses in real time, but we won't be able to directly chat with the band.

Madonna did an MSN chat last year when her second greatest hits album came out and questions could be sent in in advance (like U2 is doing) but you could also send off questions during the chat. Last year, you did need to have an MSN passport to log into the chat, I don't know if that's the case this year so I'd suggest checking that out, you don't want to show up on Monday and find out you can't get in!

Does anyone know the details about "hear U2 answer your questions"? Does this mean the interview will be streamed rather than just typed?

dsmith2904 said:

Does anyone know the details about "hear U2 answer your questions"? Does this mean the interview will be streamed rather than just typed?

from the descriptions I see it seems like they're all phoning in and it's going to be streaming audio
aand U2.com says "tune in at U2.com" so I don't think you need MSN.
Woo, better for me.
*hates MSN*

Ok, i copied and pasted this from U2.com.
Apparently you can listen to the chat and you dont have to
go to MSN

Hear all four members of U2 as they take part in a live online global Q&A at 8pm (GMT) on Monday 4th November - despite being in three different continents at the time. Hosted by BBC Radio One's Jo Whiley, the event coincides with the release of the eagerly-awaited collection U2 The Best of 1990-2000 and marks the band's first group interview in two years. On the day, Larry and Bono will be in New York, Edge will be in Dublin and Adam will be phoning in from somewhere on the Indian sub-continent.

The exclusive Q&A, scheduled to run for one hour, will feature questions submitted by fans via u2.com and MSN plus a sneak preview of the album booklet artwork. In addition, album tracks can be heard exclusively at U2.com where users can listen to a song or two a day now - including the four new mixes and two new tracks.

Questions for the U2 global Q&A can be submitted to bestof@u2.com and msn.com. To listen in on November 4th go to u2.com and msn.com.

Soon to be launched on u2.com and Radio Free Virgin is Zoo Radio, featuring the band's favourite record picks plus commentary from Adam on his chosen tracks. In addition to U2's personal playlists Zoo Radio will feature songs selected by Noel Gallagher, Flood, JJ72 and Gavin Friday.

Do you think they will chose the question if Bono still thinks that PLEBA girls were scary? :macdevil: :mac: :macdevil: :mac:

so, technically we don't need MSN to actually obtain the chat.
Um... question: we can ask questions where and what if we have the MSN messenger thing? Does that come into play with the broadcast?

Kristie said:
it's... 3pm eastern
2pm central
1 mountain... (anyone mountain time?)
noon pacific

If I'm wrong you'd best not get mad at me...

I was afraid of that! I'm in lab at that time....think the proffessor would mind if I left for a bit? AGGGHHHH.....This SUCKS!

thanks for the info though.

Yep, my class starts at 3 :banghead:
I'm hoping if this is an audio thing they'll have it ready for playback right away, if not, somebody better have a transcript up PDQ!

Well as sods law would have it I went and bought new speakers today and they won't bloody work!!!!!!!!!!!

So unless a miracle occurs between now and 8 it will be transcript for me, if there is one!

A miracle occured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been working on the speakers all day and in the past 5 mins got them working!!!!!!!!

Now I bet you I can't get on the bloody chat"!

Back
Top Bottom