My update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gluey

Blue Crack Addict
Hi everyone

Sorry that I haven't been around much lately. Things with my Dad have been pretty rough again. We got him through his surgery and the great news is that all his cancer is gone. Unfortunately he has had a lot of complications since then. We brought him home just over a week ago, thinking all was well, but he was rushed back to hospital again on Sunday night with his bowels blocked again. I got a shock with him on Monday, he is only 66, yet he looked like a little frail 90yr old, barely able to move or speak, and just sitting hunched in his chair in the hospital. He essentially hasn't been able to digest any food for 4 weeks, and has lost an awful lot of weight. The hospital gave him 3 days of high quality nutrients 10 days ago, but he really hasn't had anything since. He keeps saying he wants to die which is scaring me because I can see that if they don't fix him soon, he won't have anything left to fight with. I have been spending every day through at the hospital supporting my mum and him while he goes through this.

Anyway, I don't want you all to think I've deserted you, and I will be back as soon as possible.

Love and hugs to you all :hug:

Yikes that doesn't sound good! :hug: hang in there, you know you've got us to support you anytime :hug::hug:
I'm sure that if it goes a little bit better your da will find his will to live again!

Im so incredibly sorry Gluey :hug: Really hope something starts turning for the better soon. You and your dad are in my thoughts :pray: If you need anything at all than please don't hesistate to PM me :hug:

:hug: I'm sorry your dad's still facing major medical issues, but at least the cancer news is good. :up:

I know it's draining, but try to stay positive - your dad will need the good vibes. :hug:

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your hugs and thoughts, this place is a wonderful refuge! Well, the good news is that my Dad has now turned the corner and (fingers crossed) his bowel is starting to work again. The nurses have been wonderful. He was so down and sick for most of this week that they even moved him from a bleak room that looked out to the inner 'atrium' of the hospital, to a lovely sunny room with views over the city - just to try and cheer him up! I'm having a day at home finally, to catch up and spend time with my babies. Big perk today though was going to the gas station and finding the March issue of Q with the 27 page feature of U2!!!! Usually I have to rely on Slopsy going into the city to find gems like that as in my small rural town, we don't get them! So anyway, I'm hoping that it's onwards and upwards for my Dad now, and each day he will continue getting stronger.

:hug:s to you all

Awwwww that was really nice of the nurse's to do that for your dad :). Im happy that everything is starting to look brighter for him. Do they have any idea when he will be able to come back home?

Enjoy your magazine :wink:

Only just read this thread... Sorry to hear your dad's not well, but it is good about the cancer, and that he's improving now... :hug: My thoughts are with you and I hope he continues to get better!

Hey, Gluey all our good thoughts and positive vibes are with you. Good to hear the cancer is gone and with you and your wonderful family to be strong for him Dad's on his way back to health.

Let me know when you're in town again, we could meet up for coffee and comfort food. Always just a phone call away :hug: :hug:

Hi again. Thanks for being here for me :hug:
Good news, the doctors have diagnosed a bug in Dads blood which came from a massive kidney stone he passed (1.1cm x .7cm) yesterday. They started treating it immediately and he is feeling sooooooo much better today!!! All being well he my be home by Wednesday. They're still getting the digestive system functioning, but with each problem sorted, it's one less battle for Dad to have to put precious energy into. I'll be back here before you know it!

Love and hugs to all :hug:

Hi all

Well, what a day! Dad came home yesterday afternoon. He's got a strep (?) infection in his blood from the kidney stone, but they are treating that with antibiotics. He spent all morning on a chair in the sun in his backyard today. Unfortunately when he went to get up, he fainted due to very low blood pressure and fell headfirst onto the concrete tiles by the decking and cracked his head open!!! We couldn't believe it! Mum rushed him to the doctor and I met her there - luckily I was just down the road. He now has 4 stitches in his head, a badly bruised knee, broken glasses, badly bruised wrist and fingers and scratches down his nose and chin!!! Poor mum is diabetic and with the stress her blood sugar level went through the roof, so I was looking after the two of them for a while! Glad to say that he is home AGAIN and although he will be very sore tomorrow, he will be ok!!

FINGERS CROSSED FOR NO MORE DRAMA'S!!!! :huh:

Back
Top Bottom