My U2 Tattoo...Clock is tickin'...Something weird...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Okay, hopefully everybody remembers me talking about getting a U2 tattoo a couple of months ago...Back then, I said I was going to get it once I got back to school. Well, I'm back, so, yeah, I plan to get it soon! I'm including a picture of what I want it to look like...

So anyway, today I was helping my little bro move into the dorms and we were walking when all of a sudden something sort of pricked me on the back, and I just knew I was being stung. A bee somehow flew in there and stung me TWICE right near where I want to get the tattoo. Is that weird or what? I thought so!

Attachments

• option1.jpg
    option1.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
:happy: What I think I'll do is look up some of the closest places on Yahoo Yellow Pages and then sort of drive by and scope them out. I figure any place would probably be okay, and it's not like my design is super complicated or anything, right?

A little tat advice

Start looking at other people's tats and if you like how they look, ask them where they had them done. When you're driving around town, and you see a studio, go in and ask to look at the artist's portfolios. If you see an artist who does work you like, that may be the artist for you.

Have fun, baby! :up:

:| I have another dilemma...How big to get it? 1 inch square looks too small, but 2 square inches looks too big. What's a girl to do?! :confused:

wertsie said:
:| I have another dilemma...How big to get it? 1 inch square looks too small, but 2 square inches looks too big. What's a girl to do?! :confused:

How 'bout.....................1 and a half inches? :D

Bonochick said:
How 'bout.....................1 and a half inches? :D
yeah. they can do all sorts of weird sizes. although i do have a huge one...i have one that i believe is about 3? inches!

the size to get really depends on where it's going, really...

wertsie.....oh wertsie......i have a good place for you....:D....my friend just got a tattoo about a month ago and i went with her to set the appt. (i wasn't there for the tattoo cause i had to work :madspit: )...anyway, the point is she loved the place and it was really nice and clean and whatnot.....and i know how to get there.....so i'll go with you!! (pm me) heehee....

Stories for Boys said:
wertsie.....oh wertsie......i have a good place for you....:D....my friend just got a tattoo about a month ago and i went with her to set the appt. (i wasn't there for the tattoo cause i had to work :madspit: )...anyway, the point is she loved the place and it was really nice and clean and whatnot.....and i know how to get there.....so i'll go with you!! (pm me) heehee....

Good good good! You've got a pm...I'm very excited now! :happy:

Wertsie, I like!

If you would like, I can see about coming along too (y'know, moral support :D) what with the living within walking distance from Laura (at least, I will be by that time...)
Even though I know less than diddly (yeah, that's not much...not much at all :yes: ) about tattoos!
:)

Ultraviolet Light said:
Wertsie, I like!

If you would like, I can see about coming along too (y'know, moral support :D) what with the living within walking distance from Laura (at least, I will be by that time...)
Even though I know less than diddly (yeah, that's not much...not much at all :yes: ) about tattoos!
:)

:happy: Hey, that would be super! I SO do not want to go alone. The more the merrier!

hey wertsie, where are you getting the tattoo done? (like ankle, shoulder, etc.) some of us who've been inked before can try to give you an idea as to how much it will hurt. :D

on my lower back on the right side...and, considering that I just got stung by a bee TWICE in that area yesterday, methinks I'll be alright...hehe...I figured that would be a good place to start, as opposed to my ankle or something (that would be more "ouch" I think!)

yeah, methinks that shouldn't be too bad. i have four (ugh) tattoos and i plan to get one more in that same spot you said. i have one on each ankle (the outer part) and one on each wrist.

i can say the wrist hurts a lot less! and if you do get an ankle tattoo, the inside part hurts the most, as do the times when you get closer to the anklebone. ugh it hurt. after getting this one, i couldn't walk without limping for like three weeks:
tattoo3.jpg

i'll be 18 in *counts* 20 days....woo!

wow...that really is cool...i'm thinking of either my foot (on the foot by the pinky toe) or my outer ankle...cause i really want to get one....eee!!

Re: i'll be 18 in *counts* 20 days....woo!

Stories for Boys said:
wow...that really is cool...i'm thinking of either my foot (on the foot by the pinky toe) or my outer ankle...cause i really want to get one....eee!!

Laura, if you want, we can wait till after your 18th b-day and we can both get them together! :happy:

Stories for Boys said:
ouch...i would recommend not getting it on your foot for two reasons:

1. feet hurt a lot (it's mostly bone there)
2. you lose skin on your feet the quickest so it means: A. it'll fade the quickest, B. the parlour will most likely charge you more to tattoo it and not give you free touch-ups.

any parlour should give you free touch-ups on your tattoo for life as long as it's not on your hands or feet. if they do offer it for those too, then it's a bonus! :D but i've never heard of one that does...

KhanadaRhodes said:
i just wanted to unearth this thread to wish you good luck tomorrow, wertsie! :D

:happy: Thanks! I'm so excited! I think it's going to be a blast. Stories for Boys and Ultraviolet are coming with me, and we'll definitely be taking pictures!

Back
Top Bottom