My U2 Tattoo...Clock is tickin'...Something weird...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wertsie said:

:happy: Thanks! I'm so excited! I think it's going to be a blast. Stories for Boys and Ultraviolet are coming with me, and we'll definitely be taking pictures!

Hey, good luck! I wanna see it when you get it, I still want to get one. :)

uh uh uh
I want a tattoo
but I'm poooooorrrr
I even found a parlor about a mile from here, I shall investigate some day that I am bored
how much are tattoos? Like, me wanteth a lil shamrock (aboot.. 1-1.5 inches) on me lower tummy... can anyone give me a ballpark figure?

man am I late to this thread :)

:up: I am back! Woo-hoo! It didn't hurt nearly as bad as I thought, although there were a few moments when it was kind of bad...mostly when he was doing the shamrocks. Anyway, pictures will be coming soon, hopefully. :happy:

Kristie said:
how much are tattoos? Like, me wanteth a lil shamrock (aboot.. 1-1.5 inches) on me lower tummy... can anyone give me a ballpark figure?
i'd say maybe $50? it shouldn't cost more than that. you can always go to the parlour and ask for an estimate. they should be able to give you one. :D

wertsie said:
:up: I am back! Woo-hoo! It didn't hurt nearly as bad as I thought, although there were a few moments when it was kind of bad...mostly when he was doing the shamrocks. Anyway, pictures will be coming soon, hopefully. :happy:
yay!! i'm glad it didn't hurt too much! for most people i've seen it either really hurts for them or hardly hurts at all. glad you were in the latter category! :D

Glad it went well wertsie!!! Yeah get those pics up soon ok? I wanna see.

I'm going to get a tattoo soon... I don't know when.. but hopefully soon. I just need to make a decision on the design. I'm going to get it where you did, but in the center of my lower back. The thing is... I'm kinda skinny so I'm afraid it's going to hurt like a biznatch on my spine. baaaaahhhh I'm a wuss.

Oh yeah, my friend has considered getting a tat on the bottom of her foot! dunno if she ever will though. :D

Yeah, one of these days I would like to get one on my ankle, but I know it's probably going to hurt a lot...eek! So I think I'll wait awhile and enjoy the one I have for now!

i would just like to point out that i got all my tattoos done within a four month span. (i must seriously be crazy to have done this!)

#1: 8/15
#2: 8/18
#3: 10/19
#4: 12/31

:eek: i still can't believe i managed to do two in a three day span. i can say though, the very first one (my left wrist) did not hurt AT ALL. ankle tats aren't so bad, it just depends on the size of it. you also would want to avoid getting it done near your ankle bone. it hurts a lot. :D

hmmm...so wrists and ankles don't really hurt that bad? You would think they would, with all the bones there and everything.

wertsie said:
hmmm...so wrists and ankles don't really hurt that bad? You would think they would, with all the bones there and everything.
not in my experience. i was surprised about the wrists part especially, and while my first one was healing it kinda resembled ehhh...slash marks, so it looked like i'd tried to kill myself. :laugh:

i can tell you this: i never had to take a single pain medication for any of my tattoos! :D

:happy: I have been very pleased so far. They gave me a brochere saying the tattoo might peel and stuff, but I've had none of that. Of course, I've been taking care of it exactly as instructed, so that probably helps.

Oooh...I want to get another tattoo! :happy: But I don't have a design yet...:lol:

What.. about the.. lower back? like, the spine? oh crap I hate pain.

The one I have on my upper back, between my shoulder blades, hurt like a motherfucker. The artist was young, and went a little too deep into my skin. That was part of it, but I think it ws the location that made it hurt so bad. I could feel it down my arms as he was doing it. And it took almost an hour. :huh:

martha said:
The one I have on my upper back, between my shoulder blades, hurt like a motherfucker. The artist was young, and went a little too deep into my skin. That was part of it, but I think it ws the location that made it hurt so bad. I could feel it down my arms as he was doing it. And it took almost an hour. :huh:

:ohmy: Ow! That does sound painful!

martha said:
I could feel it down my arms as he was doing it.
oww!!! :hug: :sad:

how big was it? only one of my tattoos have taken more than half an hour (my infamous right ankle one that left me limping for almost a month took 90 mins).

ugh, i want to get my (i guess) final tattoo on my right shoulder blade area thingamajigga but i dunno. i'm all bony on my back! that sounds weird :huh:

i'm not even sure what else i wanna get anyway...then again, my second tattoo was the only one i'd ever made an appointment for, yet my design was spur of the moment. (i was gonna get a butterfly on my ankle, but i changed my mind and just happened to have a design in the car i wanted on my other wrist!)

martha said:
I had to go look in the mirror. About the size of a large apple.

It's really funny to hear you use the word "final" when talking about your next tattoo. You don't really believe that, do you? :sexywink: :lmao:
:eek: huge tattoo! :D

lol, yes, i do believe it. they seem to hurt more each time i get them done so i'm kinda weary of getting any more done. plus i think i've kinda run out of ideas to use. i've exhausted duran duran images, as there's not really any other little pics they have and i'm not getting someone's face tattooed on me, and i can't think of any other U2 images worth inking me over.

Ah, my tattoo has begun to itch and people a little bit. Nothing I can't handle, but it was so nice when it wasn't doing that. I thought I was going to be lucky!

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, i hate it when they itch, cuz you know you can't scratch it, and it hurts to touch it anyway. but i have a question...your tattoo has begun to...people? :wink:

:lol: Oooops...:lol: peel, peel, peel...

dern peopleing tattoos......

btw, wertsie's tat=:up:

and she didn't make as many faces as i thought she would whilst she got it.....my roommate has a tattoo on her back...it's big too...probably smallish lemon sized ;)......anyway.......i'm done now......

Stories for Boys said:
dern peopleing tattoos......

btw, wertsie's tat=:up:

and she didn't make as many faces as i thought she would whilst she got it.....my roommate has a tattoo on her back...it's big too...probably smallish lemon sized ;)......anyway.......i'm done now......

:happy: It's your turn now, Laura. We have to help you find a cool design!

:huh: :ohmy: Eek...I'm scared now...I told my brother and his girlfirend about my tattoo today, and my bro said, "Why'd you do that? That's really stupid!" and his gf said, "Can I be there when you tell your mom?" ahhhh...Please, please, please don't let her kill me! :ohmy:

KhanadaRhodes said:

if she does, then :tongue:!! the way i see it, it's your body, and it's nothing gross (you didn't get some nasty tattoo on your forehead!) so i don't see why it should be a problem. :wink:

:yes: Probably thinking about what she might say is worse than anything...But it's still kind of scary!

Back
Top Bottom