My U2 Saturday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
I had a great day and thought I would post this on here. I went to get my hair done this afternoon and my stylist was so happy to see me because he had been wanting to talk to me since the Nov. U2 concert. He wanted to talk to me so bad to get my take and to tell me that he did not realize how much of a U2 fan he really is. It was so funny. He could not shut up about it. It was like he was in confession. He told me that he cried the whole time at the concert and that the show was the best concert he has ever been to. Mind you he is a very critical on music and listens to a lot of hard, industrial music, and used to be in a punk band, so this was a big deal for him to acknowledge his love for U2. He just could not shut up about the concert, the U2 "7" CD, the DVD and how he is in charge of the music that is playing in the salon and that most of all of the music he has is U2.
biggrin.gif
It was great because he thought of me last weekend while watching the superbowl and just had to talk to me about how much of fan he really is. He cracked me up. He confessed that he does not have "October" "Boy" or "War" so I told him that I would burn him a copy of the cd's and bring them to him. I told him that I knew that there was a reason that I love going to him and that I cannot let a U2 fan go without having all of their cd's. While he was cutting my hair and talking to me about U2, I heard the beginning of the Elevation remix that is on the U27 Cd and I smiled real big and told him "Good choice, I love this version of Elevation!" He laughed at me and said you picked up on that song within the first half sec. that it started to play. Anyway, I thought I would share my U2 moment with you all, because it made my afternoon. Hope you all had a great Saturday.

biggrin.gif

1000025939_25200240027PM0.3482372.jpg

That's so awesome, MVD... I wonder if my stylist likes U2...

I had a good U2-ey Saturday too. I was hanging out with my ex-boyfriend and he started singing "You Rock My World", and I complained about how much I hate that song and that vid, so then he came back with "Oh yeah, well I hate "Stuck in a Moment!" cause I had been singing it all day yesterday and annoying him. (yeah I wanted to kick him where it counted but it got better). But he meant he didn't like the video (which I don't that much either except for Larry's parts
biggrin.gif
), anyways he said how much he loved that song and their older stuff, like ISHFWILF, although I told him it's not that old considering how long they've been together. And I told him about how I'm totally into "Big Girls Are Best" and how I think he would like the song, and he smirked at the title (lol
biggrin.gif
), but he said he'd never heard of it and he doesn't own any albums. I told him he should buy some, and he said he would! Another converted, oh yeah yeah yeah
smile.gif

So that made my day, anyone else have a good one?
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
I'm totally into "Big Girls Are Best" and how I think he would like the song, and he smirked at the title (lol
biggrin.gif
), but he said he'd never heard of it and he doesn't own any albums. I told him he should buy some, and he said he would! Another converted, oh yeah yeah yeah
smile.gif

biggrin.gif
me too

it was great. he kept asking me all sorts of questions about the band, what they were up to, if the I have the ZooTV video and PopMart videos, etc.. Not once in the conversation did we stray away from U2. I told him that I really like "Big Girls Are Best" from the U27 CD and laughed and said it is awesome when it is turned up loud and when the bass is kickin. He than asked me "what is up with that title?" i told him about Ali being pregnant and such and he said "is Bono still married? and are the rest of the guys married?" I was talking about them like I was best friends with the guys and told him a whole bunch of stuff. it was too funny. i think the stylist and her client that were seated next to us must have thought we were insane. It is really great to have an unexpected conversation about U2 with someone you would never expect that shares same excitement about them as you. After that visit I have had the U2 fuzzies all day.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 02-09-2002).]

I had a U2ey day!!!!!!!

-I went to Gainsville and saw Bono's again

-There is a Clayton's Estates up there

-There was a truck inside the mall that had "EDGE" on it

-Some girl complimented U2 on the Super Bowl

-Lots of Harleys...every one of them, "LOOK...LARRY!"

-I got me a pair of EDGE SHOES!!!!!!! YAY!

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Back
Top Bottom